Dear MFP: this one's for you.

Options
13»

Replies

• kelswg102
    kelswg102 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thank You! for writing this. I really needed this today after a bad week and a worse weekend. Keep up the great work!
  • mikeschratz
    mikeschratz Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Two thought come to mind from this,
    Excuses are the nails that built the house of failure~ my grandfather
    Pull you big girl panties up and let's go... there is something better on the other side~ my father!

Keep positive, I really loved your post!
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Great post!!! Glad you are still here with us and havent given up!!!! You're in it to win it, I see :happy:
  • Krys_140
    Krys_140 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    And yes, I've gained a few back from my lowest (like 4 lbs) and yes, I'm terribly bloated today. And yes, I kinda still feel like crap about myself. But I'm here. I'm trying. And I refuse to give up. And sometimes, that is enough.
    Lynda: I am so proud of you for not giving up! Congratulations on all the weight you've lost, and all the GOOD decisions you've made. You ARE an inspiration to friends, family - and US!

I wanted to highlight just one thing that I disagree with. Refusing to give up is ALWAYS enough. If you keep with it even in the face of a binge day/weekend/whole week, then you are ALREADY leagues ahead of where you were before you started your weight loss journey.

Congratulations to you - and to all of us that pick ourselves back up, dust ourselves off, and eat within our calories as if nothing ever happened. THAT is the key to success.

Thank you for sharing! :flowerforyou:
  • Sewvixen
    Sewvixen Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thank you! After a rough start last week, I was wondering this morning if I can do this. Thank you for the shot of motivation!
  • jennt_22
    jennt_22 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    REALLY glad I saw this today....

I always think 'if I had just done this or that I'd be so much further now' and 'so many people have lost more weight then me in the same time or lost the same weight in a lot less time' and it really gets me down. I know it helps NO ONE when I have these negative feelings but sometimes I can't help it.

But you are so right about how you have changed your life and I feel the same... I have done a complete 180 from what I was doing a year ago. I have made changes even if I do not have the body I want yet. I too have had an impact on those closest to me and it feels great to help family and friends get healthier and happier too.

I just need to keep reminding myself of how far I have come in almost a year and think about what I can do in another year's time. This is a slow process that takes time and learning. Just gotta keep going!

Thank you for sharing!!!
  • mazie61
    mazie61 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Great post! Cheers to all of you!
  • seardefilip
    Options
    this could not have come on a more MONDAY, monday :) thank you-
  • cominupmilhouse
    cominupmilhouse Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Man, I TOTALLY needed this right now, feelin really down about recent choices I wish I could take back. I always forget about the grand scheme of things and all the positive good things I've done so far! Seriously, thanks!

And big applause to you for reaching onederland! (even if the scale doesn't happen to say so on this given day)
  • snick1734
    snick1734 Posts: 8
    Options
    Yes this is very well written and much needed. Thanks for being so upfront and honest. Many people just do not understand how hard a journey like this is and the negativity and lack of support you receive is enough to derail you at any moment but knowing that you can connect with so many others longing for the same thing is very helpful to stay on track!
  • sessygail
    sessygail Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you today. thanks for posting this and for helping me to keep some perspective.
  • ashlielinn
    ashlielinn Posts: 920
    Options
    LOVE this! Thank you! :)
  • twinkle320
    twinkle320 Posts: 23
    Options
    Needed this!!! Well said, thank you. Its always good to be reminded to think of the positive things that you HAVE done rather than beating yourself up over perceived negatives.
  • amehime
    amehime Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Great way to start my day :)
  • LowcarbNY
    LowcarbNY Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Really GOOD for you girl. This is a great post, I'll come back and read it often.
    Here is what I blogged on 7/1
    A post by mindyhenry74 today reminded me that it is important to reflect on and visualize ones successes (positive reinforcement) in order to keep it going.

It is so easy to beat oneself up but that eventually tears you down. Meditating on your accomplishments will recharges our emotional batteries and gives us the physic energy we need to carry on.

Thanks for posting and congratulations for getting yourself out of your funk.
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this. I needed to hear it today. I have been feeling so discouraged lately. I have been doing this, it seems like forever, but in actuality only really full effort since Feb. but I haven't even lost 20 pounds yet. I am not even halfway to my goal. I so want to make it to my goal and I am starting to feel like I am never going to get there. It is nice to know that I am not the only person who feels discouraged every so often.
    I will keep on trucking slowly but surely and hopefully I will soon be one of those success stories.
  • gainess
    gainess Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Thanks!! Really needed this today!!! I've been losing and gaining these same 3-4lbs for the last 4-6 weeks BUT they don't outweigh the 20lbs I've lost and kept off for nearly a year! I hadn't looked at it like this before!!
  • leken04
    leken04 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this! I needed to see it! Great job on your journey thus far. Wonderful mentality!