Replies

• FuneralDiner
    FuneralDiner Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    White British.
  • becsnz1
    becsnz1 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    For past 3 generations on both sides of family, I'm 100% New Zealander (Kiwi) :bigsmile:
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I traced my ex husband's ancestry all the way back to an indentured servant in Virginia, from then back to Yorkshire, England. I thought it would be nice for my son to know where he comes from. Yeah so its far far back...but his last name is kinda unique.
  • sjschewlakow
    sjschewlakow Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    My mother 100% German and my father: German, Irish, American Indian, English
  • gaiareeves
    gaiareeves Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    White British.
  • amusgrave
    amusgrave Posts: 79
    Options
    Mums italian dads english
  • AyanaSan
    AyanaSan Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Cuban and Jamaican
  • Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I'm confused. Mutt = bi or multi-racial?

Because Irish, Scottish, Italian etc = caucasian. So if you're a 'mix' of these, you're still caucasian.

It's like saying you're half Ghanian and half Jamiacan (yes, I know lots of people who claimed this). You're still black.

I'm not being *kitten*-y, just saying.

Ok, I'm caucasion. I consider myself a "mutt" because the borders in eastern and western Europe changed often when my grandparents were there and getting ready to leave. For example: My maternal grandfather was technically born in Austria. The border put their town or village in Austria at the time. A couple years later, it was back in Czechoslovakia. I also consider myself a mutt because I'm not all German, or all of any one nationality.
  • lavr
    lavr Posts: 19
    Options
    filipino (:
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options

Because Irish, Scottish, Italian etc = caucasian. So if you're a 'mix' of these, you're still caucasian.

It's like saying you're half Ghanian and half Jamiacan (yes, I know lots of people who claimed this). You're still black.

Caucasian/white is a race. You asked for ethnicity, no?

I am also a mutt and take NO offense to the use of the word.

Father is Cuban born but both of his parents came from Spain.
    Mother was born in NY but of Puerto Rican decent which included Taino, Italian, French, Irish, Spanish and African.
    I was born in Puerto Rico but raised in New York.
    I am most definitely a MUTT!
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Grandparents on Grandmother's side immigrated from Ireland - Grandfather on Dad's side was Cherokee Indian.

Mom's Mom was from Holland (Dutch) Dad was German - So I am a big ole mixture but I have skin like an indian (tans easily) and my hair turns RED whenever I try to dye it.

I want to go to Ireland, Holland and Germany before I die as I did the ancestory thing and want to walk where my ancestors walked...
  • Barkley87
    Barkley87 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Boring white English.

My mum's ancestors are originally romany gypsy and my dad's are Norman nobility though (my great great great etc. granddad is William the Conqueror), so that's a bit less boring.
  • ruurik
    ruurik Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Irish (both north and south) and little bit of Scottish/Norwegian.
  • YokoJ
    YokoJ Posts: 253
    Options
    Straight cracka here! White girl :)

This made me LOL in the middle of target. Lol
  • qotu79
    qotu79 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm United States of American! I totally identify with the heritage and share the language..English and Spanish.
    ")

According to wikipedia, "An ethnic group is a group of people whose members identify with each other through a common heritage, consisting of a common culture, including a shared language or dialect. The group's ethos or ideology may also stress common ancestry, religion, or race"
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I'm a bore snore. Going to family reunions is hilarious as there is nothing but 100% Caucasians out of 70+ relatives!!!!!!

I'm English, Irish, German, & Swedish. So white as can be.
  • miranda_mom
    miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Don't know the percentages but I am German, Swiss, Scottish, Northern Irish, Norse (my Scottish ancestors were descended from Vikings who sailed over to Scotland), French, and Northern African. (In college, I met a professor from another school who had actually done research on my family and he knew about this connection - Moors from Nothern Africa had traveled up to Germany and mixed in - it was fascinating to talk to him).

My husband is Russian, Slovak, German, and Native American so my daughter has a huge mix going on!
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    European. I always thought we were English...till my oldest bro went on Ancestry.com. Come to find out, on my dad's side, we are FRENCH! Seems my great-great-great grandfather emigrated to Canada from France but changed his name to an English one to avoid persecution. So I am French and English, with a little Cherokee indian (my great-great grandmother).
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options

Caucasian/white is a race. You asked for ethnicity, no?

I am also a mutt (and take NO offense to the use of the word.

Father is Cuban born but both of his parents came from Spain.
    Mother was born in NY but of Puerto Rican decent which included Taino, Italian, French, Irish, Spanish and African.
    I was born in Puerto Rico but raised in New York.
    I am most definitely a MUTT!

I guess I meant race. But race is supposed to be 'un-pc', so I said ethnicity.

Where I'm from, when you mention ethnic groups, it's generally means race. On forms, it asks for ethnicity. It doesn't give countries - it gives race like (paraphrase, I can't remember what exactly the options are);

Asian []
    Caucasian []
    Black/African Caribbean []
    Black/African []
    Mixed []

I guess I'm interested in the countries people are from too, but I just don't understand the million and one countries or proclaimations of being a 'mutt'. I was more so asking what race you are and what country your parents are from, but it's my fault for not being clear enough.
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Irish, Italian, little bit of German, little bit of English.

I'm glad I got the Italian skin...I tan nicely!