Bikini Babes - December

Options

Replies

• savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Darn, I already forgot to count while eating breakfast.. better remember for lunch. :tongue:
  • stffunny
    stffunny Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    good job ladies.....keep up the good work.
  • Hailey
    Hailey Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Well I deff didnt do the challenge today! I totally forgot! hopefully tomorrow...
  • sjmay
    sjmay Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I have discovered how this challenge could help a person lose weight. Last night I went to the movies and had nachos (I know, shouldn't have, but couldn't resist) and this morning had corn flakes for breakfast. With both of these foods, by the time I got to the teens in chewing, there was absolutely no food left! I didn't even have to swallow :laugh: So, it kinda made me feel like I ate a lot less. LOL.
  • porterbaby38
    Options
    i've been trying to count in my head, but then i start thinking of something and i forget what i am doing. it is a real nice challenge.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    well I'm not counting cuz I forgot but definately slowed down the chewing and making sure my food is well chewed up before I swallowed. Last night I got ohme famished! and heated up a lean cuisine meal - it was santa fe rice & beans there was nothing to cut (like if it were chicken/steak, etc) and I started inhaling my food. BUT I caught myself and slowed down and realized at the end that I was full. While I was inhaling at the beginning I was already thinking what else I would eat cuz I thought this would not full me.

So great challenge!
  • mshay05
    mshay05 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    by the time I got to the teens in chewing, there was absolutely no food left! I didn't even have to swallow :laugh: So, it kinda made me feel like I ate a lot less. LOL.

This is what happened to me too. Although with different foods I find that I can count either more or less chews. <-- hopefully that makes since. :laugh: Great challange, you definitely pay more attention when eating.
  • savvystephy
    Options
    by the time I got to the teens in chewing, there was absolutely no food left! I didn't even have to swallow :laugh: So, it kinda made me feel like I ate a lot less. LOL.

This is what happened to me too. Although with different foods I find that I can count either more or less chews. <-- hopefully that makes since. :laugh: Great challange, you definitely pay more attention when eating.

Same here with my Annie's macaroni and cheese for lunch today.. I was at 15 and there was nothing left to chew. :tongue:
  • mbb8682
    mbb8682 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Wow great challenge. I missed last weeks weigh in so I will catch up this Saturday!!!
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I have discovered how this challenge could help a person lose weight. Last night I went to the movies and had nachos (I know, shouldn't have, but couldn't resist) and this morning had corn flakes for breakfast. With both of these foods, by the time I got to the teens in chewing, there was absolutely no food left! I didn't even have to swallow :laugh: So, it kinda made me feel like I ate a lot less. LOL.

:laugh: funny.... my jaw would probably get tired and I would just stop eating because of utter exhaustion! :happy:
  • Pattyisgr8
    Pattyisgr8 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Great Job bikini babes! If its too hard to count chews, try to chew until you basically have mush left. This helps with digestion and helps tell your brain that you are full sooner b/c you have to eat slower!

Glad you guys are enjoying it...but its kinda hard w soup & applesauce...lol
  • AmandaB4588
    Options
    I have been slowing down my eating, and I think it has definitely helped! I can actually tell when I am full before I overeat.
  • nakrya
    nakrya Posts: 191
    Options
    Great Job bikini babes! If its too hard to count chews, try to chew until you basically have mush left. This helps with digestion and helps tell your brain that you are full sooner b/c you have to eat slower!

Glad you guys are enjoying it...but its kinda hard w soup & applesauce...lol

Interesting challenge hehe. Really makes me think while and what I'm eating. I always eat so quickly because I'm so busy.
  • Hailey
    Hailey Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    what is wrong with me? I totally forgot again today! It would have really been useful too, eating my stew for supper!
  • kandyjo
    Options
    HI!
    I usually weigh in on Wednesdays, so I wanted to go ahead and post my WEIGH-IN for this week... I don't want to forget like I did last week :laugh:

SW 230
    BBSW 218
    LW 217
    TW 215
    GW 135

YAY... 2 lbs :happy:
  • savvystephy
    Options
    HI!
    I usually weigh in on Wednesdays, so I wanted to go ahead and post my WEIGH-IN for this week... I don't want to forget like I did last week :laugh:

SW 230
    BBSW 218
    LW 217
    TW 215
    GW 135

Great job!
  • kandyjo
    Options
    HI!

SW 230
    BBSW 218
    LW 217
    TW 215
    GW 135

Great job!

Thanks, Stephy!!
  • AmandaB4588
    Options
    HI!

SW 230
    BBSW 218
    LW 217
    TW 215
    GW 135

AWESOME loss! Congrats! Thanks for being such an inspiration
  • kandyjo
    Options
    HI!

SW 230
    BBSW 218
    LW 217
    TW 215
    GW 135

AWESOME loss! Congrats! Thanks for being such an inspiration

Thanks so much for the encouragement!! I am hoping this next week proves to be as successful!! :) I am really wanting to get under that 200 mark !!! 15 lbs! I can do it!!! It will really feel like I am hitting a milestone...
  • JustJessie
    JustJessie Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    So my wonderful mac computer at home has decided after 7 years it no longer can make it and died on me last week. I have missed the weigh ins forever it seems. Also I have totally gotten preoccupied with other things that I haven't been tracking my food as often as I should and didn't weigh in this past weekend like I should have. I always weigh in on Saturday mornings at 7:45am when I go to the YMCA to workout (they have one of those nice doctor quality scales there) before my actual work shift. But this week I had Saturday morning off work and got to sleep in which was a first in a very long time! I have been sticking to my workouts though so hopefully this Saturday I hit my first main goal of being under 195 pds for my birthday!

So this Saturday (my B-day) I will be weighing in and posting here again. Hopefully I hit my goal of being under 195 then I can really celebrate!