27 /f/ 5'6" /200lbs/ 40 to lose/ hourglass

Options
2»

Replies

• konerusp
    konerusp Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Im 5" 5 and a half. I was 145 at my lowest, i was frankly happy at that.Im now 162,trying to get down to 140-145.I dont think i want to go below that at all.
  • kapzilla
    kapzilla Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and my goal is 130. I'm sure it'll change once I get there, but that's what it is for now.

Now.. the subject title made me think of the old AOL chat rooms.. A/S/L PLZ
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6, 250, looking to get to 165. That number isn't set in stone but it's something to shoot for. I think anything less than 155-160 and I'll look sick. I'm an apple shape (maybe).
  • ladyfox1979
    ladyfox1979 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    5'7/197 looking to get down to 155lbs. I don't want to be any skinnier than that otherwise my butt would look extra huge. It kinda funny cuz eight now my butt looks alomst proportionate with the rest of my body but I want to lose the weight hopefully my *kitten* will shrink but I that's wishful thinking seeing that I have always had a huge butt.
  • clintbritt3
    clintbritt3 Posts: 123
    Options
    I just turned 28, I'mm 5'5 and I still have 31 lbs to lose to get to my mini goal of 160. I'm also an hourglass figure.... 34DDD and 36" waist and 47" hips........ /i actually think once I hit my 1st goal of 160lbs /i will maintain for a while and see how i feel...... don't let others determine how you should feel in your own body... plus, if you are doing any kind of intense strength training like I am, I do Insanity, then 150lbs will actually look more like a very toned in shape 130lbs..... I am a size 12 right now and 191lbs.... back in teh day when I was a size 12 I was closer to 160-170, so muscle mass makes a huge difference..... so don't aim to much for a weight, but a size instead :) Feel free to add me, I'm alwasy on here and always welcoming new friends that are into doing this healthy L)
  • AmyB_1992
    AmyB_1992 Posts: 32
    Options
    19/f/5"4/188Ibs/57 to lose

I want to be 9 and a half stone, I want to weigh less than my mum and for her to be proud of me, once I get to about that weight and if I look too skinny or lose my curves, I think I will gain a bit more, it will depend on what I look like at the time.
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Hey, we sound very similar. I am 30 y/o and 5'7. I weigh 195 now and am looking to get down to 150-160. I also have an hourglass figure and if I tried to be the size my bmi says I should, I would look I was on drugs! (Not to mention my hubby would be upset) :blushing: The smallest I have been as an adult is 187 and it didn't look bad! I honestly wouldnt mind that weight if I could tone up more!

I completely understand that. When I was 185 I didnt look too bad either. Just definitely need to tighten up. But 160, 165 makes me feel pretty.lol. with all this weight lifting 170 isnt looking too bad though. I guess I will see. 170 would make my goal weight 15lbs closer too. (starting to sound pretty good now too.lol)
  • Curvimami
    Options
    I just turned 28, I'mm 5'5 and I still have 31 lbs to lose to get to my mini goal of 160. I'm also an hourglass figure.... 34DDD and 36" waist and 47" hips........ /i actually think once I hit my 1st goal of 160lbs /i will maintain for a while and see how i feel...... don't let others determine how you should feel in your own body... plus, if you are doing any kind of intense strength training like I am, I do Insanity, then 150lbs will actually look more like a very toned in shape 130lbs..... I am a size 12 right now and 191lbs.... back in teh day when I was a size 12 I was closer to 160-170, so muscle mass makes a huge difference..... so don't aim to much for a weight, but a size instead :) Feel free to add me, I'm alwasy on here and always welcoming new friends that are into doing this healthy L)

Thats a really good point about the weight lifting. I look totally differnt now at 198 then I did at 185. They kind of look similar actually because I wasnt working out before when I was smaller and now i have been working out for the last 2 months. My weight is definitely better adjusted on the way back down.lol
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    Corrected punctuation and post duplicated. Sorry.
  • fishergreen
    fishergreen Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    5'6" /200lbs/ 40 to lose/ hourglass . I noticed alot of ppl are aiming for 110s to 130s who are my height. and frankly anything below 155 is too small for my frame. Im busty and hippie. and I look sick when I hit the 150s (in my opinion). Feeling alone. Im only speaking about me and my frame. I know lots of ladies my height who look lovely and carry 130s and below very well. :happy: I dont however. .Most ppl aiming for higher numbers start higher than me I noticed and are also taller or a little older. Curious to find anyone else with similar stats and on a similar journey as I.

I think we're twins. I'm 5'6"/192/45 to lose/hourglass. I'm putting my goal at 145 because I'm aiming for a body fat % but it will most likely go to a higher number when I get closer. I'm starting weigh lifting so I know muscle is going to weigh more as well and I'm fine with it. I've lost weight before on WW and got down to 162 which was a good look so 150 might be a perfect fit. Feel free to add me on your friend list and we can track each others progress.
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    It's funny, when I was growing up (in the 1960s) i assumed I was fat because I was 155 pounds. I see pictures now and realize this wasn't true, but if you're told you're "overweight" you see fat in the mirror, even if it's not there. I blame the constant dieting (to try and be the 120 pounds my 5'0" mother was) for the weight problems I have now, added to the reduced activity because of my CPS. The adult women in my life were all in the 120 ~ 130 pound range so 155 MUST be fat, right? I now realize that my mom's family--and almost all of my female adult living relatives were on my mom's side--were all between 4'11" and 5'1" tall! I am 5'7.5"! The idea that my ideal weight was the same as my mom's seems bizarre to me now.

Point is, weight is individual, and a lot of factors go into what is ideal for you. Don't feel you need to be a certain scale number because someone else is.
  • LadyAmy20
    LadyAmy20 Posts: 137
    Options
    I'm in a similar situation to you! 20/f/5'5.5/218lbs/hourglass want to get to 150-160ish. :)
  • Curvimami
    Options
    It's funny, when I was growing up (in the 1960s) i assumed I was fat because I was 155 pounds. I see pictures now and realize this wasn't true, but if you're told you're "overweight" you see fat in the mirror, even if it's not there. I blame the constant dieting (to try and be the 120 pounds my 5'0" mother was) for the weight problems I have now, added to the reduced activity because of my CPS. The adult women in my life were all in the 120 ~ 130 pound range so 155 MUST be fat, right? I now realize that my mom's family--and almost all of my female adult living relatives were on my mom's side--were all between 4'11" and 5'1" tall! I am 5'7.5"! The idea that my ideal weight was the same as my mom's seems bizarre to me now.

Point is, weight is individual, and a lot of factors go into what is ideal for you. Don't feel you need to be a certain scale number because someone else is.

Yes I can totally relate. I always thought that 120 would be my goal I had friends who were 115 or 120 growing up. not realizing that one of them was 5'0 and the other was naturally thin and small framed. The number just sounded feminine and dainty. Not my large 130 140 at the time. Smh. Not to mention models were all 5'11" and a a buck 10 and wearing a size 2. My 2 is a 10.lol and couldnt be happier about it. Now if I could just get back into a 10 before the year is out, that would be such a great Christmas present to me :love:
  • Jamers1213
    Jamers1213 Posts: 16
    Options
    I'm also in the same boat as you!

26/f/5'7"/40 to lose and at 205 right now, started at 227 in March. I'm very hourglass, and even now my hip bones are sticking out (only when I stand up though haha!). Not sure how I'll feel once I hit 175-180. Last time I weighed anything below 170 I was in highschool. I'd be perfectly happy now at my current weight if I was toned..