mcdonalds.

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,668 Member
    Options
    Premium Grilled Chicken sandwich with no mayo.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • halliedoll
    halliedoll Posts: 171
    Options
    chicken nuggets! Theyre not that bad :]
  • RainaWalks
    RainaWalks Posts: 72
    Options
    personally i would get an orange juice or apple juice to keep my sugar up and head home to eat a salad....
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I'd rather eat my own elbows ...

but i guess the southwest chicken salad w/ lime and no salad dressing ::shrug::

But what's the macro breakdown on your elbows?
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    I really like the South West Grilled Chicken Salad without dressing (and yes without it already has some sort of dressing with it that's included in the calories) 290 calories and it's filling. I usually get a fruit n yogurt parfait too which is 150calories.
  • Lkoblara
    Lkoblara Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Just curious why you have to eat there? No other restaurants around?

This is what I'm wondering.

I've been in the situation with kids birthdays or meeting friends... but I just made sure I ate before heading over there. If they want to call me a food snob then so be it.

But, if you actually like McD's then get whatever fits into your calorie allotment.
  • kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    grilled chicken with apples instead of fries. yummy!! hold the mayo on the sandwich to save some calories. use mustard instead.
  • emmymae22
    emmymae22 Posts: 206
    Options
    I actually had to go last night! I got a bacon ranch salad with grilled chicken...the whole salad with cheese, croutons, and the entire packet of dressing is 400 calories. And actually, it was really yummy!!
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    Any of the salads with grilled chicken and light dressing. I often get the yogurt parfait (without granola) to go with it--McD's yogurt has live active cultures!

Or a small hamburg with small fries.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Hamburger.
    Sm Ice Cream Cone.
    Large Diet Dr.Pepper
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I'd stick with a small burger and fries. When places that serve crap food try to make the crap healthier it usually just gets crappier.
  • fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    the southwest salad with grilled chicken is sooooooo good!
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    the number 1, supersized.

with a diet coke - of course!

But just eat what is within your macros and you should be good. I am just unsure as to why you "have to" eat there.
  • monica4354
    monica4354 Posts: 22
    Options
    If I HAVE to eat at McDonalds I eat a parfait or a fruit and walnut salad and a bottled water.
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I actually really like the Southwest Chicken Salad. If you get the grilled chicken you can totally "afford" to keep all the toppings and the yummy dressing--under 400 calories, with dressing and cheese? Heck yeah!

http://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en/food/product_nutrition.salads.88.Premium-Southwest-Salad-with-Grilled-Chicken.html
  • MandaPaigeSparkles88
    MandaPaigeSparkles88 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I personally love the grilled chicken wraps with honey mustard. Those are amazing!!! Before I started this sight I ate at McDonald's quite a bit and I would have a large mocha frappee (my weakness) and whatever else I decided I wanted. If I have to go there. I get a honey mustard grilled chicken snack wrap and a really small mixed berry or strawberry banana smoothie.
  • sshap21712
    sshap21712 Posts: 139
    Options
    DO NOT GET THE GRILLED CHICKEN! TO make them not stick to the grill they are slathered in 6 tablespoons of margarine.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/06/fast-food-reddit_n_1654025.html
  • Prudiddy
    Prudiddy Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    IF YOU JUST HAVE TO, GET THE SIDE SALAD $1.00 AND ADD A GRILLED CHICKEN BREAST FOR $1.50 Doesn't taste too bad. Oh and balsamic vinegar, w/no croutons! That's all!
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    It depends on what your goals are.

You could eat a salad at home or your work before going there.
  • StopherJJ
    StopherJJ Posts: 79
    Options
    I gotta agree with most people, in my opinion the best thing I have found about being dedicated to this site is you have a lot more freedom in eating what you like. You just have to hold yourself accountable. The dressing is the killer on the salads though :)