mcdonalds.

Options

Replies

• KourtneyP83
    KourtneyP83 Posts: 319
    Options
    I got a side salad from there today for 20 calories to go with some chicken I already had...other than that I don't each there much. I'd go with a kids meal if it were me probably.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I confess that I had McDs for lunch today... don't stone me, MFP.

I had a southwest salad w/ grilled chicken & the dressing and a medium sugar free vanilla iced coffee to the tune of 480 calories. It was "ok" for McDs. :) What I *wanted* was chicken strips with buffalo sauce buuuut.... :)
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Get what you like that fits in your calories.

Tadahh!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I would fall back on the recommendation from The Zone -- get two cheeseburgers and put them together (throwing away one set of buns). Barry Sears says it's in The Zone ( balanced carb and protein) if you care at all about that, but it's going to be higher in fat and lack any micronutrients... but it's MacDonalds, so that's pretty much a given. I like following The Zone proportions because I feel like it keeps my blood sugar from spiking too badly and I'm not so hungry all the time when I'm trying to reduce my caloric intake.

Two cheeseburgers and throw away the bun? Pretty sure that is a double cheeseburger. Still has protein, iron, calcium etc.
  • jolarocknrolla
    jolarocknrolla Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I'd rather eat my own elbows ...

but i guess the southwest chicken salad w/ lime and no salad dressing ::shrug::

Would you like any sauce with that? ROTFL!!!!:laugh:

can't fit the sauce into my macros :D
  • TiffanyWasmer
    TiffanyWasmer Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I had this same dilemna! Ended up getting the Cheeseburger Happy Meal...and was a happy girl!!

Cheeseburger: 300 cal
    Kid's fries: 100 cal
    Sliced Apples: 15 cal

I was satisfied and got a little bit of everything :)
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I really like the South West Grilled Chicken Salad without dressing (and yes without it already has some sort of dressing with it that's included in the calories) 290 calories and it's filling. I usually get a fruit n yogurt parfait too which is 150calories.

^That. The dressing is the bad part. Otherwise, its just a salad!
  • delonda1
    delonda1 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I'd stick with a small burger and fries. When places that serve crap food try to make the crap healthier it usually just gets crappier.

so true the salads on their menu are NOT very healthy
  • kerr2010
    kerr2010 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I had it today. My errands took a bit too long and I had my toddler with me. We split a chicken nugget kids meal with those apple slices. Everything in moderation. Probably not the best thing to have, but in a pinch.
  • davidsgirl145
    davidsgirl145 Posts: 162 Member
    Options

Nuttin' worse than dry elbows!!! ahahahahahaha
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    If you get a bacon ranch salad with no chicken and half a ranch dressing (or a lite italian of vinagrette if you like it) that is your best option health wise. Low in sodium too. I'm sure the ceasar wouldn't be too bad either. Do not get a southwest salad!

If you can splurge a bit, the premium chicken sandwiches are pretty good and not awful. 380 calories for the ranch blt. The club would be higher and the classic would be lower. I also will get a plain bacon ranch salad (usually with no bacon) and get a snack spicy mcbite with it and add it to the salad with ranch dressing. It is 543 calories, but oh so good.

DO NOT GET A FRAPPE! People will "splurge" on one but a small is over 600 calories!

I work at McDonalds so have days where I have to eat there but I make sure I have room for whatever I eat.
  • bbbsmama
    bbbsmama Posts: 96
    Options
    I would go with a 4 piece kids meal. Water to drink.
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I would fall back on the recommendation from The Zone -- get two cheeseburgers and put them together (throwing away one set of buns). Barry Sears says it's in The Zone ( balanced carb and protein) if you care at all about that, but it's going to be higher in fat and lack any micronutrients... but it's MacDonalds, so that's pretty much a given. I like following The Zone proportions because I feel like it keeps my blood sugar from spiking too badly and I'm not so hungry all the time when I'm trying to reduce my caloric intake.

Two cheeseburgers and throw away the bun? Pretty sure that is a double cheeseburger. Still has protein, iron, calcium etc.

By the way, you can order it without the bun and they stick it on a piece of leaf lettuce instead. No need to waste food even if it is crap....Plus, a lot easier to take it apart.
  • rebeccasedwards
    Options
    I've had the honey mustard snack wrap for lunch. It's not bad. Also the hamburger is not too bad calorie wise. If you get it with apples ( no caramel) with water you can eat McDonalds.
  • sobriquet84
    sobriquet84 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    If I have to do McDonalds, I get one of the following:

1. Premium Southwest Salad w/ Grilled Chicken w/ the Newman's Own Southwest Dressing (the salad with the dressing is 390 calories)
    2. Premium Grilled Chicken Club Sandwich (460 calories).
    3. Premium Grilled Chicken Ranch BLT Sandwich (380 calories)

NO FRIES.

to drink:
    water or 1% milk (100 calories) or unsweet iced tea (if you're not sensitive to caffeine). (I am not a diet soda drinker but I guess diet coke would be fine too.)
  • Mymag
    Mymag Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'd go with a grilled chicken sandwich, personally. And water instead of pop ^^ for sure.
  • jolarocknrolla
    jolarocknrolla Posts: 236 Member
    Options

Nuttin' worse than dry elbows!!! ahahahahahaha

It's all about how you cook them, i recommend braising in tomato puree, garlic and pepper. The trick is figuring how to braise your own elbows ... without elbows. If you are watching your sugar, you could just poach in water w/ some sage, lemon and fresh thyme.
  • domgirl85
    domgirl85 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    If you get a salad, don't get one of the big ones. They aren't good for you. Instead get the side salad with the balasmic vinaigrette. You can pair that with either a 4 piece nugget (6 if they won't let you get 4. I don't remember the calories right now) or a hamburger. You can also get a plain grilled chicken sandwich and remove the bun.

Also try checking FitnessMagazine.com. Just put McDonald's in the search and you will see a bunch of articles about healthy fast food or takeout options.
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    4 piece nugget (no sauce) = 190 calories
    kids fry = 100 calories
    apples = 35 calories
    water = 0 calories.

That's what I do.

Or just a double cheeseburger for 430 if I'm feeling "rich" that day.

Sometimes I get a McChicken with pickles and tomatoes, no mayo. I think that's like 330.
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I usually get a McDouble and a diet coke. Low on calories (relatively speaking) and only $2.