No More Excuses- Week 4

Options

Replies

• AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Christy, I am truly sorry that you are having a rotten time. I have to say a couple of things though because I never can keep my mouth shut. 1) Having a dd with seizures how could a child be out of meds, I always check, double check, triple check her meds. I ask the school each week, if they had to administer any and are they low. I used to make them count them in front of me now I trust them. Where is this child's parents? 2) If the IEPs are lasting an hour then I have to say you must be super good because dd always last at least two or three hours and then they are usually continued. 3) I admire your strength and determination because as a mother with a special kid I know that it takes somebody special to raise them and somebody even more special to teach them. HUGS!!!!

P.S. I hate mice, UCK!!!!!
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Hi all...Hope you are all well.

Christy...I hope things get better for you at school. You do a wonderful job and should be proud of yourself.

Running girl...I'm sorry your husband is being deployed. Stay strong. I appreciate the service of your whole family.

Tiger mom...Forget about the cake. I can't pass on birthday cake either. Just work it off at Curve's. Glad you are enjoying it there.

Had a somewhat better day today. Internet was on and off all day so I couldn't work...again! They came to patch the lines because a squirrel chewed them up and are going to run new lines in a few weeks. Hopefully that will fix the problem. It is hard to do an internet job without the internet:angry: Didn't make the gym this morning but I did C25K on the treadmill. I have missed a few days on that and boy I could tell it. I did my push-ups as well as the new challenges. I could really feel the side bends. Maybe that will help my jelly roll! Hope you all have a wonderful day tomorrow. Talk to you soon.
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Running girl -- you'll be alright and I always look as deployments as the time to really hone in on me and what I can do to really challenge my work outs. So you can totally take that stress and put it on exercise and eating right. Good luck on your weight loss this week - no worries on the splurge! Thank you for your sacrifice -- how long a deployment we looking at?

Amanda -- thanks for your continued support to the group! I feel like I rarely have the time to hop on here, but I keep trying!!

Update for now - my back was tweaked after the P90X workout -- so... no work out yesterday today light walk/biking and STRETCHING. Thank God for my husband and his magic massaging fingers!! He worked my knot out yesterday and promised to do the same today.

Keep on keeping on group!
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Okay I would like to respond to everybody but I am in a funky mood so I am not going to. I am so proud of myself on one hand and very angry at myself on the other. Today I had no sweets, turned down a candy cane milkshake and over 20 different kinds of cookies at our 4-H cookie exchange. One the other hand I am about 500 calories over today and I am disgusted by that. Plus I know I need to quit looking at the scale but it is back up and that bums me. I am just frustrated, but I am NOT GIVING UP. I will continue and be a more healhtier, more fit 160 lb person than I was.

I must admit I got out of bed at 11 pm last night to do my sit-ups, I had forgetten them plus my sides are killing me because genius here thought I should do that side bends with the 16 lb medicine ball at the gym. Sometimes I think I do not use the brain the good Lord gave me. Plus that is another thing my christian walk is being tested today. First at Wal-Mart I told the gentlemen that was checking me out the drill didn't ring up and so he did it again and bagged it and I told him politely it still didn't ring up, but I really wanted to just keep my mouth shut and walk out without paying for it, since he didn't know what he was doing. Then the 4-H leader asked me to go pick up some kids and I respond "do I have to"? Where did that come from and then this girl who is a senior asks me if she can stay with my family for four days because the family she is staying with needs to have the kids go to another house because the mom is going away on business and the dad is deceased. I have never saw her before, don't even know her last name and was like what? I am mad at the mom who she is staying with for putting me in this position in the first place. I have no idea why she isn't at home, her background or anything?????? I think the answer to that is NO unless God leads me to believe elsewise.

Okay I am rambling, sorry!
  • kdsmith
    kdsmith Posts: 250
    Options
    Okay I would like to respond to everybody but I am in a funky mood so I am not going to. I am so proud of myself on one hand and very angry at myself on the other. Today I had no sweets, turned down a candy cane milkshake and over 20 different kinds of cookies at our 4-H cookie exchange. One the other hand I am about 500 calories over today and I am disgusted by that. Plus I know I need to quit looking at the scale but it is back up and that bums me. I am just frustrated, but I am NOT GIVING UP. I will continue and be a more healhtier, more fit 160 lb person than I was.

I must admit I got out of bed at 11 pm last night to do my sit-ups, I had forgetten them plus my sides are killing me because genius here thought I should do that side bends with the 16 lb medicine ball at the gym. Sometimes I think I do not use the brain the good Lord gave me. Plus that is another thing my christian walk is being tested today. First at Wal-Mart I told the gentlemen that was checking me out the drill didn't ring up and so he did it again and bagged it and I told him politely it still didn't ring up, but I really wanted to just keep my mouth shut and walk out without paying for it, since he didn't know what he was doing. Then the 4-H leader asked me to go pick up some kids and I respond "do I have to"? Where did that come from and then this girl who is a senior asks me if she can stay with my family for four days because the family she is staying with needs to have the kids go to another house because the mom is going away on business and the dad is deceased. I have never saw her before, don't even know her last name and was like what? I am mad at the mom who she is staying with for putting me in this position in the first place. I have no idea why she isn't at home, her background or anything?????? I think the answer to that is NO unless God leads me to believe elsewise.

Amanda, stay off the scales!!! Only weigh in once/week as your weight fluctuates so much. Get someone to hide the scales from you until Sunday morning!! You are doing an amazing job and I cannot believe that you got out of bed to do sit ups!!! Hopefully today will be a better day for you,
    xx Kim
  • running_girl_84
    Options
    My husband will be gone for about 13 months or so. I'm looking at all the positives in this tho - like I can really focus on ME, we are moving into a new house within 2 weeks... stuff like that. There are positives in every situation.

I slept in this morning and I can't believe it is already 7am. I gotta get my butt to the gym!
  • tigermom79
    Options

Okay Ms. Amanda.....Even though I don't "personally" know you, I can tell you are a very loving, patient and kind Christian woman. I don't think I have to tell you that God will only give you as much as you AND He can handle together. I agree with Kim.....Stay off the scales. It can get very frustrating and that is not what we want. I would agree that putting you in the position of taking on a child that you know nothing about is awfully inconsiderate. Especially with as full as your plat is any way.

I can't believe you did the side bends with a 16 lb weight. EGADS!!! I have been using a 10 lb and think I am going to bust at times.

You are an amazing woman and a role model for all of us to follow! Thanks for being such an inspiration.

Have a great Thursday!
  • tigermom79
    Options
    I think I am officially sore this morning!!!!:frown: My workout hurt last night! I guess that is a good thing and am disappointed that I won't be able to make it to Curves today! I really do like how you don't have to spend a whole lot of time in there to get such a work out. The machines are pretty cool!

So I didn't do the challenge on Tuesday...(I forgot)....Did them all last night! Holy Moly! my sides are feeling it as well as my tummy. I love that feeling though cause then you know it is working. I was preachin' to Amanda to stay off the scales, well I need to do that myself, as I was frustrated this morning when it hadn't budged and I feel like I have done so well. So....no more daily mornings on the scales!!!

One of my twirling students is performing half time for the boys 7th grade and boys 8th grade basketball games tonight. My so is on the 8th grade team. And then immediately following that we have to rush home, get him in the shower, grab something to eat and off to his Choir Concert. You would think as small a town as we are there wouldn't have to be two activities on the same night. Oh Well......:wink:

So...is everyone ready for Christmas? I don't even have my tree up yet. Doing all my decorating this week-end. I can't wait because I love the way the house looks all decked out! It is bitter cold here this week which won't allow too much outdoor decorating. I would rather have a foot of snow than the bitter cold!

Well gotta get to work. Everyone have a super fantastic day!!!!

Ann
  • cah0806
    cah0806 Posts: 112
    Options
    Everyone - including myself - sounds like you're having some challenges this week. I hope that Friday finds you in better spirits and that you take some time for yourself. Amanda and Tam - thanks for the encouragement. I know that my job is not one some would pick but I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my kids and can't imagine doing anything else even on my worst day. (And sometimes my worst day involves death threats - to me, not by me).
    I am trying hard not to be discouraged myself, but I don't think I've lost any weight this week...and I am really trying hard. I need to exercise more and regularly, but I feel so tired when I get home - mentally and physically. I am sure you can all relate. I will say turning my satellite to a music channel and listening to Christmas music helps me stay on the elliptical longer. I have not been consistent with the challenge this week. I will do better - I promise....don't vote me off....:ohwell:
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Christy, you are not being voted off, we are all here to stay if we choose to.

Off to town to buy a Christmas tree, my living room looks like a Chrismas bomb went off in it. I truly can't wait until we are done decorating so I can put all the extras away.
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Okay so I am feeling a rough week has been had by all!!

Christy - don't be so hard on yourself - everyone falters and everyone gets overwhelmed. Just remember that each day is a new opportunity to start fresh! If you start to exercise regularly you won't be as tired.. just don't overdo it to begin with - 30 min then build up. Overdoing leads to overexhaustion and pain (not the good soreness). Go easy on yourself

Amanda - it is not unChristian to say no, I can't do that this time. Perhaps another time when I get to know you better. No is a powerful word and you have the RIGHT to say it. Try it out see how you feel. I don't think I would feel comfortable exposing my family to someone I didn't have history on. Try to help in a different way... finding a new location??

Alright - that is what stuck in my head today... Take CARE of yourselves ladies!!

Oh and my back -- still hurting!! VERY frustrating - hard to work out when you can't even touch your toes!
  • kdsmith
    kdsmith Posts: 250
    Options
    Hello to everyone! Try to stay positive, stay off the scales (until Sunday), and stay on the exercise routine! I have been suffering as well, from weight gain last week to feeling miserable but woke up and saw some snow flakes and decided that today will be better!! I have been finally eating right the past two days but haven't exercised so need to get back on the elliptical at the gym as I know that will improve my mood.
    Hugs to all,
    xx Kim
  • running_girl_84
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone!

Okay so for the last 2 days I have been in this funk. The deployment, getting ready to move (we are getting a HOUSE!!), going back to Canada for Christmas (worrying about finances, etc)... but those are just excuses and the scale has already inched upwards about a pound. I have this real obsession with weighing myself so I got my husband to hide the scale and will only bring it out once a week for weigh-ins no matter how much I beg and plead.

I am going to get my butt to the gym for a good long workout after I plan my meals for the day.

Hope everyone stays strong :)
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Good morning ladies! WOW....It is amazing how we have all had the same type of week. HOWEVER....we are all still here and that is a positive for each of us. It would have been extremely easy for us to just say "Oh to heck with it" and never log back on or continue to move forward! We are strong and can do this. I know that for me, just knowing that I have your support has gotten me through a lot. So....we want to reward the results we are after.......so I would suggest that we set a goal for next week and a reward that we will give to ourselves when we achieve it. The goal could be weight loss, regulating our excercise to consistancy, or just staying within the calorie intake. Whatever will match your needs. Suggested rewards could be anything as well. Could be something our family would help out with such as hubby doing the dishes, or kids cleaning the bathroom(well they may not be happy with that one!!!). Something the whole family will encourage you to stick with. Then we could share our goals with each other so that we are accountable once again!

So. YEAH....it's Friday! Missed Curves last night because of our youngest son's Basketball game and then on to his Choir Concert. Game wasn't so hot, but one of my twirling students performed a couple of routines for entertainment during half times and she did awesome. The crowd loved her! The MS choir concert was good. The director is wonderful with those kids and lets them sing some fun songs. It was nice to kick off the season. Tomorrow we have a BB tournament out of town which means "fast food". I promise I am sticking with the salads or wraps.

Well here is to finishing out our week on a positive note!!! Have a Happy Friday!
    Ann
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Good morning all...We had a beautiful day in the 60's here yesterday, which was a big contrast to Wednesday when it was a very cold rain. No wonder my mood goes up and down:smile: I made it to the gym last night but had pizza for dinner. I went over my calories by a little but not bad. The scale is not moving as rapidly as it has when I have tried weight loss in the past but I feel this is something reasonable I can stick with for life. My trouble has always been gaining the weight back but if I am able to eat pizza sometimes (1 slice instead of 4) and still lose weight, maybe slower is okay. Be proud of what you have done this week and have a wonderful weekend. My youngest is in the Christmas parade Saturday with the Cub Scouts. I will check in with you guys on Sunday.
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    It is just amazing we are all having the same crappy week. I am wondering if it because Christmas is coming and we know we will bombarded soon with tough choices.

Ann, love your idea and will post back soon to what my goal and reward will be. I stayed off the scale today but am expecting a gain come Sunday. My great weight week is looking pretty crappy.

TNT Pete, I don't think I ever said I am sorry you hurt your back and I hope you feel better soon. HUGS!!!!
  • yvonneh
    Options
    HI everyone - I hope Friday ends up being a good day for you all. We're having a gray, rainy day as well, and I'm trying to motivate myself to get outside for my walk. Luckily, there's a dog with big brown eyes sitting here staring at me as motivation.

After two weeks off, I went to my hot yoga class again last night and feel wonderful! While some yoga styles like hatha have low calorie burns, we're moving consistently during this one for 75 minutes, and various site I've seen put the calorie burn anywhere from 500-800. I'll assume the lower to be on the safe side.

Tamelab, I feel the same way as you - the weight is coming off slower that other more restrictive diets I've done, but I also just put the weight back on with them. With this one, I feel like I'm really learning what it feels like to eat regular food but moderate my treats. But the seat of my pants are getting a little looser, and overall I am feeling much healthier!

On one of the other threads, someone explained why some chronic dieters may go the first 4-6 weeks and even gain a little weight as your metabolism adjusts to regular, satisfying meals. I tried to find the thread again, but couldn't (it was called something like "700 calories a day and still obese." ) I'll post it if I can find it.

Happy weekend!
  • cah0806
    cah0806 Posts: 112
    Options
    So, I'm still here. I had a much better day - but no so much food wise. I have got to go to the grocery store and cut down on processed food. I eat a lot of easy to fix stuff for lunch and sometimes supper and I know it is full of sodium. Also, I am a Diet Sunkist fanatic and I am trying to cut it out as well.
    I hope you all have a great weekend. I'll talk to you soon. Keep up the hard work.
    Oh yeah - one of my students made me laugh so hard today. He told me that I should eat yogurt because the commercial said it would make you skinny. I told him that it wasn't working for me. Then he suggested I try those special shoes (shape ups) that make you skinny. Nice to know I have a coach at school to help me along.:laugh:
  • tigermom79
    Options
    So, I'm still here. I had a much better day - but no so much food wise. I have got to go to the grocery store and cut down on processed food. I eat a lot of easy to fix stuff for lunch and sometimes supper and I know it is full of sodium. Also, I am a Diet Sunkist fanatic and I am trying to cut it out as well.
    I hope you all have a great weekend. I'll talk to you soon. Keep up the hard work.
    Oh yeah - one of my students made me laugh so hard today. He told me that I should eat yogurt because the commercial said it would make you skinny. I told him that it wasn't working for me. Then he suggested I try those special shoes (shape ups) that make you skinny. Nice to know I have a coach at school to help me along.:laugh:

This is such a cute story...."Out of the mouths of baes!!" I love it. So glad you had a better day today. I totally understand about the processed food. I wish I could get more organized and be able to plan my meals better.
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Hey fellow friends! Hope everybody is having an awesome day!