Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

mcdonalds.

Replies

• willia123
    willia123 Posts: 60 Member
    whoever recommended five guys over Mcd- why? Its WAY higher in calories and fat.

Anyway, I wouldn't eat it. I'd throw something in my purse and call it a day. I get sick if I eat it. But, if you have to (which means you want to) eat something- I would get a salad with nothing on it except veggies.
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    You're 15 years old! Eat whatever you like.
  • blesssedmomof4
    blesssedmomof4 Posts: 25 Member
    Just look up the nutritional info online and figure out which item(s) fit within your caloric budget today. If you have at least a few hundred calories budgeted for dinner, you should be able to find something.

^^^This.....I have to eat out a lot and can not always find myself somewhere were there is a meat and veggie option so I always make sure I pull the nutritional info from the website for whatever restaurant I am at BEFORE I ever walk in the door. I want to be ready to order so I don't have time to browse the boards or menu and change my mind. If I don't have a plan, I always blow it calorie wise. You will make a good decision for you needs, I know you can!
  • thebaconbeast
    thebaconbeast Posts: 560 Member
    Bacon double cheeseburger .

Thank me later.
  • AimersBee
    AimersBee Posts: 775 Member
    i've worked at McDonalds. Grilled chicken is no better than the crispy chicken. Grilled chicken is just covered in massive amounts of butter before and after being grilled. And depending on who's making it, the worse it may be

if you live in the states then this might be how it's cooked.. but if you live in canada (as I worked at mcds as well).. they cook it on the grill and just add water to it slowly.. that's it.. so grilled chicken is a bit better for you than the crispy chicken..
  • emmy3111
    emmy3111 Posts: 482 Member
    side salad with 4-pce nuggets on the side... my go-to when my kids want McDonald's - and, I like it :)
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    i've worked at McDonalds. Grilled chicken is no better than the crispy chicken. Grilled chicken is just covered in massive amounts of butter before and after being grilled. And depending on who's making it, the worse it may be

What's wrong with butter?
  • sobriquet84
    sobriquet84 Posts: 607 Member
    about the whole grilled chicken debate

if McDonalds really covered their grilled chicken in a *kitten* ton of butter so that it doesn't stick, then it would be evident in the nutrition facts and taste and appearance. and its not.

psst... those claims are total garbage.
  • Josette89
    Josette89 Posts: 244
    I must be the only person who goes to Mcdonalds and has a veggie burger or wrap! I usually go for that, about 350 Cal's for a veggie burger, skip the fries, have a bottle of water.
    They have VEGGIE BURGERS at Mickey D's???? :) I had no clue. They probably drench those in oil and butter too.... hahaha. Oh, America....
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    DO NOT GET THE GRILLED CHICKEN! TO make them not stick to the grill they are slathered in 6 tablespoons of margarine.

Not true.

I worked there. They are put on the grill in a little ring, the ring has a cover with a little funnel on it. They pour water in the funnel. The end. No oil except what might already be there from the burgers.

This is true...we don't use water anymore on the grilled chicken. We put them in a ring and spray the crap out of the grill and one side of the chicken to get it to not stick. I use less than most people and still have to do about 8 sprays of the margarine. I have seen people do 12 or more sprays. You COULD request one made without the butter, but that is a 7 1/2 minute wait.

Huh. Never mind then. I guess I should be glad that my McDonald's knowledge is outdated. It'd totally still eat it though. A little margarine now and then won't kill you and I'm guessing that the chicken doesn't absorb very much of it at all.
  • ronaldmcyd
    ronaldmcyd Posts: 54 Member

if you live in the states then this might be how it's cooked.. but if you live in canada (as I worked at mcds as well).. they cook it on the grill and just add water to it slowly.. that's it.. so grilled chicken is a bit better for you than the crispy chicken..

well wait a minute now I worked there too and there was no butter and they did add water...but the chicken already had some kinda glaze on it before it even came out of the freezer.

*edit I stand corrected I guess my knowledge is outdated as well*
    I'd get a happy meal, then you can play with the toy when your done
  • lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    the grilled chicken sandwich w/o mayo and side salad with lite italian dressing, diet coke or get the bacon ranch salad but adapt it instead of crispy get grilled chicken instead of ranch dressing get the lite dressing both are do able choices.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    diabetes in a bun....just have a diet coke and tell everyone you ate already........ and if they have a problem with that, then they are "enabling you".... ask them if they would buy a pint for an alcoholic........

this. If I have managed to avoid getting anything at mcdonald's besides an unsweet iced tea for a year and a half, then you can too.
  • sobriquet84
    sobriquet84 Posts: 607 Member

well wait a minute now I worked there too and there was no butter and they did add water...but the chicken already had some kinda glaze on it before it even came out of the freezer.

I'd get a happy meal, then you can play with the toy when your done

that glaze you're thinking of.. that's only for the southwest chicken salad. its a lime glaze. you can ask for that salad to have non-glazed chicken.
  • Pentdad
    Pentdad Posts: 23
    If I knew I was going out for a meal of some kind that could be calorific, I'd spend 2-3 days beforehand eating a good deal under my calorie goal (so enough to make me full but stringently NO treats), eat what I want on the day, then spend another day afterwards way under my goal... Then weight myself... and I bet you wouldn't see a difference. Is that healthy? No, but I only go out for meals very occasionally so who cares.
  • LaLouve_RK
    LaLouve_RK Posts: 899 Member
    Dont eat McDo... period!

I know I have completely stopped after seeing that: http://www.healthiertalk.com/4-year-old-mcdonalds-cheeseburger
  • davidsgirl145
    davidsgirl145 Posts: 162 Member
    Have a snack BEFORE you go so you don't freak out and are tempted by it all and pig out. ......I would get the small regular hamburger. A side salad with lite dressing and finish with an icecream cone and a black coffee. or (1 cream and/or 1 sugar) . They also have the bag of sliced apples!
  • Musikelektronik
    Musikelektronik Posts: 739 Member
    DO NOT GET THE GRILLED CHICKEN! TO make them not stick to the grill they are slathered in 6 tablespoons of margarine.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/06/fast-food-reddit_n_1654025.html

The article says that "One McDonald's employee confessed to slathering grilled chicken breasts with liquid margarine to keep it from sticking." It doesn't say that every employee does it, or that McDonald's instructs its employees that it be done that way, and thus the nutritional info the company provides is completely bogus. In fact, if any of those things were true, you would've heard about it already.
  • XjuliaXannX
    XjuliaXannX Posts: 67 Member

also, it could just be the particular McDonalds that i worked at. either way.. McDonalds isn't the best choice for anything