mcdonalds.

Options

Replies

• shellicious777
    shellicious777 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Just curious why you have to eat there? No other restaurants around?
    I agree!!!! Fast food is terrible!!!!!! I'd wait til I got home!
  • AimersBee
    AimersBee Posts: 775 Member
    Options

hahaha just reading that reminded me of the time i got a mcchicken back when i worked there and i took a bite.. and the whole inside of the mcchicken patty came out in a chunk.. it was a huge piece of cartilage.... YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM if i may say so myself.... never again did i eat a "mcchicken"..
  • lauleipop
    lauleipop Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    You can get Oatmeal at McDonald's any time of day - there are two options: Banana Blueberry Walnut or Fruit & Maple. You can get the Fruit & Maple without brown sugar for a 30 calorie savings.

Fruit & Yogurt Parfait - 160 calories

Small Fruit Smoothies are a good choice

Southwest Salad w/ half a packet of dressing & grilled chicken + Fruit & Yogurt parfait + Medium Diet Coke = 530 calories

Cheeseburger + Side Salad with Balsamic + water = 340 calories
  • chris1816
    chris1816 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    15 everyone.

Fif-f*cking-teen.
  • caldon4523
    caldon4523 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    If I had to go to McDonald's, I would get the small hamburger and small fries. They are both just a little over $2.00 and are quite tasty. But I run every day so any extra calories I end up with I will have to burn off the next day to make up for it.

I think some of us take life to seriously. You might be the most fit person in your city but end up getting run over by someone texting while driving.

Enjoy the fruits of life. It's okay to eat junk foods every now and then. Just don't make it a habit of eating junk foods regularly. And certainly don't begrudge those who eat junk foods every now and then. Again, make it up doing several extra laps the next day.

If some of you think this post is sacrilegious because I'm advocating eating unhealthy foods every now and then, I am not saying you have to eat unhealthy foods. I'm advocating enjoying life.
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    The very, very rare occasions I got anything from mcDonalds (aside from mcflurries), it was the fillet o fish by itself or the vegetarian option, which I forget what it was. Here both are between 300 and 400 calories.
  • jamiealdridge02
    jamiealdridge02 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Premium Grilled Chicken sandwich with no mayo.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

[/quote.

I stop at mcds on my way to class frequently and always get this and water. It hasn't hurt my goals yet.
  • HartJames
    HartJames Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Ice cream cone. 150 cals. :)
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I'd stick with a small burger and fries. When places that serve crap food try to make the crap healthier it usually just gets crappier.

I really like the way you put that
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    Grilled chicken sandwich, no fries. Pending on which one you get it's somewhere between 400-500 calories, less if you ask for no mayo. :)
  • crystallambeth
    crystallambeth Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    i have a five year old who absolutely loves mcds..for so many reasons..so, when i do go its a side salad, balsamic dressing & apples. i eat a larger snack or something later. i was fine eating their "other" salads till i read over the sodium content..HOLY CRAP!!! over 900mg of sodium for a "fresh" salad. i.think.not!!!! just a thought...i see a lot of comments on low calories, but i think watching your sodium is important too...no matter how much water you drink!! :)
  • octleigh
    octleigh Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    DO NOT GET THE GRILLED CHICKEN! TO make them not stick to the grill they are slathered in 6 tablespoons of margarine.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/06/fast-food-reddit_n_1654025.html

Nice:( I always wondered why their chicken breast had way more calories than mine....
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    DO NOT GET THE GRILLED CHICKEN! TO make them not stick to the grill they are slathered in 6 tablespoons of margarine.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/06/fast-food-reddit_n_1654025.html

Nice:( I always wondered why their chicken breast had way more calories than mine....

Awww dammit. Now I won't want to get it anymore. I guess I'll have to get something else if I go there. *sigh* :(
  • Moretakitty
    Moretakitty Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    When we were traveling, I got a side salad with low balsamic dressing and a hamburger w/ no ketchup, extra pickles and mustard, and I tossed the bun.
    140 Calories
    9 Protein
    9.5 Fat
    7 Carbs
    600 Sodium
  • Sntimentildy
    Sntimentildy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    The chicken wraps are low I know when I used to do weight watchers they were 6 points...that is pretty good.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    Havent been to McDonalds since starting MFP, but I used to work there. A lot of people wanting to watch their figure immediately chose the salad, but the dressing kills you!! It has the same fat as getting a burger there. What you need is seared chicken with any salad NO dressing, or get a chicken burger or snack wrap without the cheese or bun/wrap. From what I gather seared was oily but not as oily as the crispy chicken. Be aware that seared chicken doesnt sell that much and sometimes stays in the holding for hours..

People told me this was the best choice calorie wise was the salad without dressing. They would grab their own dressing from elsewhere. As I am vegetarian, if I was to go there I would get a cheeseburger no meat or pickles, small meal with coke zero. Might not be the best option but its better than getting what I used to get! (2 large fries, large coke and an ice cream of some sort)
  • doubglass
    doubglass Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Grilled chicken sandwich is usually one of the best choices at most fast food choices. Keep in mind it is only the lessor of the evils.
    NO FRIES!
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    whoever recommended five guys over Mcd- why? Its WAY higher in calories and fat.

Anyway, I wouldn't eat it. I'd throw something in my purse and call it a day. I get sick if I eat it. But, if you have to (which means you want to) eat something- I would get a salad with nothing on it except veggies.

because Five Guys tastes WAY better than McDonalds.
  • Sntimentildy
    Sntimentildy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just looked it up the McDonalds grilled chicken snack wraps, in either ranch, bbq, or honey mustard are only 250-270 calories.
  • Meadows18
    Meadows18 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Don't stop there, go some place else, like Subway.