30ds starting Monday 9th July - join me!

Options

Replies

• issac_munster
    Options
    I want to join:) I started on Friday, skipped Sunday. Today was my third go at it. Hoping not skip any more days this month.
  • twostepsforward
    twostepsforward Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Wahey, managed day 1 - oh blimey, so unfit, but it will get better...
    W - 171
    B - 42.5
    W - 34
    H - 42.5
    B - 46.5
    Hrm highest during workout 180
    Cals burned on hrm 240
  • ATOLLIT
    ATOLLIT Posts: 149
    Options
    Day 2: infinitely more painful than day 1. My arms/shoulders/chest do not love me right now!
  • harliedyan
    harliedyan Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just completed my first day of 30 day shred tonight and I am excited! I do Insanity, so I am hoping that the 30 day shred will help ramp up my results and I LOVE the burn!
  • Justa_Paperbag
    Justa_Paperbag Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm starting today, as well. How do you log it into your exercise for the day?
  • misstoridanielle
    misstoridanielle Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I've started and stopped, but have yet to complete it. I'll get to it first thing tonight after I get off work!
  • sarahlou1045
    Options
    day 1 done last night

Still need to measure and take pics but starting weight 149lbs

Not aching this morning but I do stretch for longer than she recomends at the end as I couldn't walk the first time I did it last time.
  • AHatFullOfSky
    AHatFullOfSky Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Day 2 lvl 1 over and done!

Felt good to loosen up and get going. But I seem to be retaining some water, my fingers are a bit swollen...
  • danifo0811
    danifo0811 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Level one day 2

I'm not stiff but my muscles feel more fatigued. I did the second set of pushups on my knees.

My daughter set up my mat for me and then told me to take my shirt off to look like Jillian. if only it were that easy!
  • Katiekitty1988
    Options
    Hiya, I'm also doing this. But I started on Saturday, good luck ladies. Can't wait to see your results. This is my first time doing the 30ds
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options

I started last night, and I Googled it. According to one of the sites, you burn approx. 3.625 calories per pound per hour. So you would take your current weight, multiply by 3.625 and divide by 3. Mine came out to about 245 calories.
  • ATOLLIT
    ATOLLIT Posts: 149
    Options

I started last night, and I Googled it. According to one of the sites, you burn approx. 3.625 calories per pound per hour. So you would take your current weight, multiply by 3.625 and divide by 3. Mine came out to about 245 calories.

For me, this calculation comes out as 1 calorie different to when I log 20 minutes of "circuit training, general" on the MFP database, which is how I'd been doing it. Nice to know it's accurate :)
  • sarahlou1045
    Options
    Just done a massive stretch and felt my arm and stomach muscles strain! Ha ha On it again when I get home for day 2
  • twostepsforward
    Options
    Are people doing this for 30 days straight or having some breaks? I was thinking of doing it every other day but seems like so many of you are just going for it daily...!
  • twostepsforward
    Options
    Managed day 2 of level one! Woohoo!
    Worked a bit harder today definitely. Burned 276 cals on my hrm. Seems quite high. Max hr 179.
  • jcjsjones
    Options
    Are people doing this for 30 days straight or having some breaks? I was thinking of doing it every other day but seems like so many of you are just going for it daily...!

I am also training for a 5k in September, so right now the plan is every other day. I have thought about doing 30DS in the mornings and running at night, but I don't want to burn out..lol!
  • nic632
    nic632 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I did it last night for the first time in over a year. I couldn't keep up with the jumping jacks, so ended up doing a few less, but at least I didn't give up. I'm going to try and do it every day for 30 days and have marked in my diary when I'm supposed to move up a level - hopefully I'll stick with it. Starting to feel the pain in the back of my thighs already - I'm so glad I live in a bungalow! ;o)
  • jcjsjones
    Options
    I did Wk 1 Day 1 yesterday. First I thought, "Hey, I feel pretty good! No soreness!" However, as the day has progressed my legs and arms have gotten SORE!! Whew! Advil will be my friend tonight! LOL!
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Im on Week 1 Day 5. measuring again on Day 15 and then finally on Day 30
  • nic632
    nic632 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I've got an event to go to in 16 days so hoping it'll have made a noticable difference as there is a special dress that I want to wear. I started my healthy eating yesterday too and I'm finding it difficult to have smaller portions (especially pasta), guess will just have to focus on the dress.

I checked my measurements (I take them every month and keep the details on a chart) and weight from when I did it last year and lost 6lb and 1 1/2 inches off my waist and hips in 2 months - and I only did it for a total of 30 days and it was mainly on level 1 and 2 - I never made it to level 3. So will be interesting to see how it goes this time round.