• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,999 Member
    Options
    :glasses:
  • jenndf
    jenndf Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    Just wanted to bump my lifeline up a bit.
    This is truly a lifesaver, Banks!
  • fashionkitten13
    Options
    Thanks for the post! It's a good motivator to see others having the same struggles, yet suceed. I'm in stage 4.... scary how accurate your post is. :flowerforyou:
  • jenndf
    Options
    BUMP! :wink:
  • REB89
    REB89 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    :smile:
  • jenndf
    Options
    Banks, I had to read this again because I am completely frustrated!

Totally stuck in a rut. Been very good with my food intake (always below my daily goals), drink TONS of water, and have increased my workouts to 6 days a week on the XL Glider (20-30 minutes each time). Working up a killer sweat every day but GAINED a pound in the past week!!!

WHAT GIVES!!!!!!:mad:

This is truly what is keeping me going, Banks. Thanks!
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options

Totally stuck in a rut. Been very good with my food intake (always below my daily goals), drink TONS of water, and have increased my workouts to 6 days a week on the XL Glider (20-30 minutes each time). Working up a killer sweat every day but GAINED a pound in the past week!!!

Dunno, I don't know enough about your overall program to give you any kind of an answer. Could be water, could be sodium, could be building muscle, could be a slow thyroid, could be chemical imbalance, could be you have the settings wrong and are eating too much, could be you are miscalculating your exercise calories. :ohwell:

I know, it's a lot to think about, but you can rule a few of these out by
    1) doublchecking your exercise and food numbers.
    2) checking your sodium intake for the last couple of days
    3)getting your thyroid checked
    4)posting your numbers here (weight, height, activity level, and calories per day)
  • jenndf
    Options

Dunno, I don't know enough about your overall program to give you any kind of an answer. Could be water, could be sodium, could be building muscle, could be a slow thyroid, could be chemical imbalance, could be you have the settings wrong and are eating too much, could be you are miscalculating your exercise calories. :ohwell:

I know, it's a lot to think about, but you can rule a few of these out by
    1) doublchecking your exercise and food numbers.
    2) checking your sodium intake for the last couple of days
    3)getting your thyroid checked
    4)posting your numbers here (weight, height, activity level, and calories per day)

Thanks for the feedback, Banks. Gives me something to start with.
  • banks1850
    Options

I just read your profile, high BP could have something to do with it. Sodium levels are probably messing with your chemistry. If you are on medication for it, or are just on a reduced sodium diet, that can play havoc with your chemistry for a while, it will settle though.
  • cinandchris
    cinandchris Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I believe I'm just hitting phase 3. I only had a big loss the first week, then little stuff, then nothing. Actually a gain this week, but pms struck, so that does not count. :tongue: However, I have been making a lot of changes, and today, as the pms bloating and heaviness is beginning to lighten up, I notice that I am feeling a little smaller. Just a little. But I think that on Sunday (my weigh day) I'm going to finally start to have losses again. I am almost 40 and my body is fighting me all the way. But thanks to this site and all the wonderful info given, I have hung in there regardless of the scale for the first time in over 3 years. And I think it is going to pay off. Thank you banks for this post. :flowerforyou:
  • jenndf
    Options

I just read your profile, high BP could have something to do with it. Sodium levels are probably messing with your chemistry. If you are on medication for it, or are just on a reduced sodium diet, that can play havoc with your chemistry for a while, it will settle though.

Good point - I never thought of that. I did just start medication and never thought of what effects it would have. You're the best, Banks! Thanks!!!!!!! :love:
  • tlitzner
    tlitzner Posts: 124
    Options
    I am glad that I came across this post. I must be in phase 2. The first 2 1/2 weeks I lost 11 pounds, and for the last 3, NOTHING. I have been doing everything i'm supposed to; recording every morsel, eating every calorie, doing different exercises every time, blah blah blah. I was actually contemplating doing something drastic and unhealthy to get myself losing agian, and then I read this. I guess i'll just keep plugging along. I really hope you are right!
  • banks1850
    Options
    I am glad that I came across this post. I must be in phase 2. The first 2 1/2 weeks I lost 11 pounds, and for the last 3, NOTHING. I have been doing everything i'm supposed to; recording every morsel, eating every calorie, doing different exercises every time, blah blah blah. I was actually contemplating doing something drastic and unhealthy to get myself losing agian, and then I read this. I guess i'll just keep plugging along. I really hope you are right!

The timing may not be perfect, but I'm pretty sure the stages are, I.E. you may last longer at one plateau, or take longer at a stage...etc, but most likely you will hit all these various points. Stick with it, and make sure you re-evaluate yourself and your goals as you become healthier, cuz what works at obese doesn't always work at overweight and what works at overweight, doesn't always work to bring you toward healthy and working towards less body fat.
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    :wink:
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I needed this today....I'm definitely in Stage 4 now, thrilled with how far I've come and happy with the way I look, knowing I still need and want to lose more.....I know I'll pick up the momentum soon, I'm still eager and excited!!!