Do you log when you binge?

Options
12345679»

Replies

• Romans624
    Romans624 Posts: 822
    Options
    I do. What is the point of logging successes if I can't log (and own up to) my failures? Its a part of life. Nobody is perfect. And if you log it, you will be more likely to get back on track.
  • snaxandpop
    snaxandpop Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I log all of it! Holding myself accountabe is part of my success.
  • DeadEyedSuburbanite
    DeadEyedSuburbanite Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I say yes - you can use it in the future for patterns and/or to understand just HOW many calories you ate.

This.

If I can't log accurately (because for eg. I ate a huge meal at a restaurant), I estimate the amount of calories and write in the notes a description of what I ate and when. I want to keep a record of it so I can spot patterns that might have caused the binge. Also, it helps me more clearly see that the food calories eaten wasn't worth the temporary pleasure.
  • kdaughertyfp
    kdaughertyfp Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I try and log everything. The log is only for me, and my friends because I have shared it. If you dont log it you are not accomplishing anything, you are basiclly lyning to yourself and you already know that you eat those things? Maybe if you log it it will help detour you from binging because you have to admit to yourself what you did. Maybe it will help you figure out why?, or least make you think about it the next time because it will be in black and white right in front of you! Be brave, take the step to write it in your log!
  • amytag
    amytag Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I log every bite I take. I've only had a legitimate binge-fest once since I started the program, and it was ASTOUNDING to see the calorie counts. That eye-opener has helped me stay focused.
  • raerae514
    raerae514 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    So I have been doing really well lately and very happy with my results since starting on MFP, but last night I gave in in a bad way and totally blew my whole day! I had drive-in popcorn, a whole bunch of candies, tootsie rolls - it was a bad scene!

So my questions is this: do most of you log that in, or do you just leave it and start new the next day? I wold not even know where to start to log all that I ate, so i am not logging it. I logged the rest of my day up intil that point.

Just curious to see what the rest of you do.

I would log it and then watch yourself for the rest of the week. You still have a weekly calorie goal you can stay under, so try and aim for that.