mcdonalds.

Options

Replies

• Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    whoever recommended five guys over Mcd- why? Its WAY higher in calories and fat.

Anyway, I wouldn't eat it. I'd throw something in my purse and call it a day. I get sick if I eat it. But, if you have to (which means you want to) eat something- I would get a salad with nothing on it except veggies.

because Five Guys tastes WAY better than McDonalds.

It does. If you're gonna eat stuff that's bad for you, you might as well make it something good.
  • RyanWilson1993
    RyanWilson1993 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I normally get a grilled chicken sandwich plain but if you want you can add lettuce and tomato for a side id go with either a small fry or salad :)
  • EternalJourney
    Options
    Well if ya get fries don't forget you can ask for them to be saltless and they will put down a batch for ya.
  • ewai05
    ewai05 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    the salads are actually not very low cal (I dont think). I would get a grilled chicken meal and ditch the bun.

or maybe a kids meal (hamburger or 4 pc nuggets).... the kids meals come with apples now (as well as fries).

Mcdonalds chicken nugget meal is great comes with apples and milk and a cute toy
  • redrook29
    redrook29 Posts: 10
    Options
    A grilled chicken salad with the light italian is very good. Maybe an iced tea or water to drink. :)
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    15 everyone.

Fif-f*cking-teen.

Exactly, please stop giving advice to a 15 year old!
  • cadaverousbones
    cadaverousbones Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    McDonalds virtually has NO NUTRITIONAL VALUE at all. If you are FORCED to eat there, I would get chicken or a small hamburger no cheese no mayo. Ketchup or mustard isn't that bad. The salads there are actually high in calories with the dressing. Fruit and yogurt parfait maybe... You should definitely eat somewhere else though. Not to mention the quality of their product.... did you know like 80-90 percent of the cattle industry is owned by mcdonalds?? Thats kind of messed up.. Their chicken is grilled in TONS of butter. Sorry I am going on a little bit of a rant right now but mcdonalds is seriously horrible you are better off going to burger king or something. and five guys probably has better quality ingredients but I've never been there so I don't know.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    going to mcdonalds and asking for low cal food is like asking a hooker for a hug, as the well-known saying goes.
  • chris1816
    chris1816 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    going to mcdonalds and asking for low cal food is like asking a hooker for a hug, as the well-known saying goes.

...a thread in which we make hooker analogies to a 15 year old girl.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    Well if ya get fries don't forget you can ask for them to be saltless and they will put down a batch for ya.

This annoyed me, purely because people would ask no salt on their fries and get a double quarter pounder and a large coke. WTF whats the point!! Then complain their food will be cold waiting for their fries. People like that made me want to throw the damn fries in their face :grumble:
  • MaryWiss1
    MaryWiss1 Posts: 3
    Options
    The fruit and yogurt parfait seems like a good choice. I would get that and a grilled chicken snack wrap.
  • aimeeinohio
    aimeeinohio Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I usually get the 4 pc chicken nugget happy meal.

They now come with baby fries (like about 10 fries in the pkg) and apples.
  • davidsgirl145
    davidsgirl145 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    SO ............WHAT DID YOU END UP EATIN'????
    :smile:
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I guess this would be the time to admit that because my dad insists on meeting me at McDonald's for breakfast once a week and won't choose another locale, that I have been bringing own food and laying it out on my little Ronald McDonald placemat for three years. No one, including dad, has said a word.
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    2 double quarter pounders, 20 piece mcnuggets, large fry, large chocolate shake
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    diabetes in a bun....just have a diet coke and tell everyone you ate already........ and if they have a problem with that, then they are "enabling you".... ask them if they would buy a pint for an alcoholic........
    But what if she didn't? The poor girl doesn't have to starve, and these are the realities that you're going to have to face in the "real world" Just opt for something mall. Try a grilled sandwhich with water instead of soda, skip the fries.Or even skip one of the buns, that might help. Something of that nature... but get what you want, seriously!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I think some of us take life to seriously. You might be the most fit person in your city but end up getting run over by someone texting while driving.

Enjoy the fruits of life. It's okay to eat junk foods every now and then. Just don't make it a habit of eating junk foods regularly. And certainly don't begrudge those who eat junk foods every now and then. Again, make it up doing several extra laps the next day.

If some of you think this post is sacrilegious because I'm advocating eating unhealthy foods every now and then, I am not saying you have to eat unhealthy foods. I'm advocating enjoying life.

I agree with your basic philosophy of eating foods that are not necessarily "good for us" now and then because life is uncertain and meant to be enjoyed. But the thought that McD is a way to enjoy life makes my head spin.

It is because life is uncertain and meant to be enjoyed that I avoid crap such as McD serves. I'd rather save my splurges for something that tastes good.
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I must be the only person who goes to Mcdonalds and has a veggie burger or wrap! I usually go for that, about 350 Cal's for a veggie burger, skip the fries, have a bottle of water.
    They have VEGGIE BURGERS at Mickey D's???? :) I had no clue. They probably drench those in oil and butter too.... hahaha. Oh, America....

They do in UK, not allowed to drench in oil and butter here either. Our food laws are quite strict as to what they can do with their food without telling the public. :)
  • mgraue82
    mgraue82 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Fruit and Yogurt Parfait and Water and then eat when you get home. It's 130 Cals and DELISH!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

This annoyed me, purely because people would ask no salt on their fries and get a double quarter pounder and a large coke. WTF whats the point!! Then complain their food will be cold waiting for their fries. People like that made me want to throw the damn fries in their face :grumble:

The point is hot fries. The other food should be kept under the heat lamp, where it's been for a while anyway, until the fries are done.