mcdonalds.

Options

Replies

• lionskitty
    lionskitty Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Premium Grilled Chicken sandwich with no mayo.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

This with a side salad (no dressing) instead of fries and diet coke are what I go for when I need to keep calories in check, if I have lots of room in my calorie goal then bacon cheeseburger and med. fries with diet coke (only 20cals more than a freakin' costco muffin), it's my treat as long as it fits in my daily calories. :)
  • mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I like the grilled chicken sandwich, no mayo.. (they put SO much mayo on it, yuck!)

I also like the fruit and yogurt parfait.

Neither are terrible, calorie wise.
  • Fluffywhip
    Fluffywhip Posts: 20
    Options
    A hamburger and an ice cream cone!!! So yummy and only 400 calories! Or just get the ice cream 150, plus no one bugs you about a diet when you are eating ice cream!!! :)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Before you go, goggle pink slim or how nuggets are made. Bet cha you will wait until you get home.:noway: :laugh:

They don't put pink slime in the nuggets anymore. Now it's in the hamburgers.
  • placeboaddiction
    placeboaddiction Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    nothing. All their food is fatty mess. Even their salads are loaded with calories. I pass on McD's.
    Grilled Chipotle BBQ snack wrap. High in protein, doesn't taste that good..not awful in calories...

Or

Grilled Chicken and bacon salad with Newman's own lite Balsamic Vinaigrette (Which is the dressing I use at home..because.. It is the bomb.)

Grilled Chipotle snack wrap. 260 calories. 18 grams of protein.

Grilled Chicken Bacon ranch Salad. No Ranch, add newmans own lite balsamic vinaigrette. Salad with no dressing. 260 calories. Newman's Own® Low Fat Balsamic Vinaigrette 35 calories. a total of 295 calories. 33 grams of protein.

Both beat the 8 count nuggets at chick-fil-a. You can eat almost anywhere if you can plan ahead and research.
  • tammyandzach
    tammyandzach Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    McDonalds nuggets are all of the chicken feathers and all ground into goo and then they use amonia to kill the bacteria, food dye to get the right color and flavouring to make it taste good. Not food. yuck. The only real thing there is the grilled chicken patty.

The French Fries are deep fried covered in sugar, frozen. Then deep fried and covered in salt. The combination of salt sugar and fat is like crack.
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    i have a five year old who absolutely loves mcds..for so many reasons..so, when i do go its a side salad, balsamic dressing & apples. i eat a larger snack or something later. i was fine eating their "other" salads till i read over the sodium content..HOLY CRAP!!! over 900mg of sodium for a "fresh" salad. i.think.not!!!! just a thought...i see a lot of comments on low calories, but i think watching your sodium is important too...no matter how much water you drink!! :)

And making sure your CHILD watches their sodium! Seriously, if its bad for you, its bad for your kid!
  • sobriquet84
    sobriquet84 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    this thread makes me shake my head.

its apparent that 90% of people who have posted on this thread have never even looked at McDonalds nutrition facts.

to the OP--

just look up the nutrional facts online and pick one that fits into your budget/goals. the grilled chicken is not slathered in a quarter cup of margarine, the salads (if ordered right), are not high cal and do provide some great nutrtional value and in my opinion THE best option second to the premium grilled chicken sandwiches, the fruit and yogurt parfaits are nothing but pure sugar, and a large diet coke has only 2% of your daily sodium. and who eats oatmeal, nothing but pure carbs, for dinner.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    grilled wrap with honey mustard, unsweet tea or water

^^^This! It was actually on the top ten list of low cal "OK" list for fast food on WebMD.
  • aubreykkkk
    aubreykkkk Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Side salad, no dressing. 20 calories :)
    If you must get dressing, get Balsamic Vinegarette which is 15 calories extra.
    I made a bog post about other choices too :)
  • lauryn86
    lauryn86 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I agree. People need to get over the fact that she is 15. We need to educate the youth as to what is good and what is not good, and ESPICALLY if they ASK !!! There is nothing wrong with advising her to eat grilled chicken if she is watching her weight. A ton of kids in the US are obese right now and if they ASK for help, help them!!!! What is wrong with you people?? Also McDonalds isnt great, but not everyone can afford a 30 bottle of protein powder at GNC and 50 spent on a can of tuna at whole foods. You need to learn how to live healthy in your environment. And to answer your question, I get the grilled chicken southwest salad with one pack of dressing. Low cal and very tasty. And filling. Im sorry but a hamburger and apples does not fill me up from there.
  • lauryn86
    lauryn86 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    YOU PEOPLE ARE SILLY THAT POST TODAY Tuesday.. She said she was going last Monday night that means yesterday. Shes already gone and done it haha to funny...:laugh:
  • lesle1
    lesle1 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Grilled chicken with honey mustard. : ) or a cheeseburger and a bottle of water.
  • lesle1
    lesle1 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    YOU PEOPLE ARE SILLY THAT POST TODAY Tuesday.. She said she was going last Monday night that means yesterday. Shes already gone and done it haha to funny...:laugh:

ah well :smile:

I still eat there sometimes. I've got a buddy that works for them. :smile:
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    I agree. People need to get over the fact that she is 15. We need to educate the youth as to what is good and what is not good, and ESPICALLY if they ASK !!! There is nothing wrong with advising her to eat grilled chicken if she is watching her weight. A ton of kids in the US are obese right now and if they ASK for help, help them!!!! What is wrong with you people?? Also McDonalds isnt great, but not everyone can afford a 30 bottle of protein powder at GNC and 50 spent on a can of tuna at whole foods. You need to learn how to live healthy in your environment. And to answer your question, I get the grilled chicken southwest salad with one pack of dressing. Low cal and very tasty. And filling. Im sorry but a hamburger and apples does not fill me up from there.

No, her parents need to be the ones educating her, not strangers on a public internet forum. Good luck when you are sued for negligently providing advice. This site is not liable, you are.
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    What did you get?

I get a bacon ranch salad with no chicken and no dressing. I bring my own low cal, low fat dressing. 140 cals for the salad and 30 for my dressing. The bacon bits are delicious and it's a huge salad.
  • srhershey
    srhershey Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I'm going to Mcdonalds for lunch today. I'll be getting the Grilled Chicken Ranch BLT w/o the bun (180 cal, 2 carbs), and I might get the Caesar Salad w/ grilled chicken and the southwest dressing instead of caesar dressing (240, 13 carbs). Total lunch is about 420 cal, 15 carbs. The rest of the day is fruits and veggies. I will still be way under my daily calorie goal plus I will be doing a workout where I burn about 350-400.
  • tajmel
    tajmel Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I just don't like McD. It had been like three years since I had last been, so I thought I'd "treat" myself to breakfast there. I couldn't finish it. So disgusting. It just tastes like salty fat-soaked cardboard. And the coffee was burned.

If you have to eat there... get a shamrock shake. Those are the single exception to the McD is nasty rule.
  • tsavisky
    tsavisky Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    McDonalds nuggets are all of the chicken feathers and all ground into goo and then they use amonia to kill the bacteria, food dye to get the right color and flavouring to make it taste good. Not food. yuck. The only real thing there is the grilled chicken patty.

The French Fries are deep fried covered in sugar, frozen. Then deep fried and covered in salt. The combination of salt sugar and fat is like crack.

I had no idea about the the sugar thing!