I am very discouraged!

Options
13»

Replies

• kpierce7188
    kpierce7188 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    There are so many great people on this site who will support you and motivate you to suceed. We're all in the same boat as you so we know how hard this can be. YOU CAN DO THIS! :drinker: <<<< Close enough to a cheerleader LOL
  • amarige55
    amarige55 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    It is not unusual to become discouraged. We are a society of instant gratification. Just remember, you didn't gain the weight over night and you won't lose it that way either. Approach each day as a new beginning and do your best, that's all anyone can expect of themselves. If you fall off the "food wagon", get up, climb back on and keep attacking this terrible foe we call overweight! There are many people here who will be a sounding board for you so come back every day and chat with all of us! :flowerforyou:
  • laurie0507
    laurie0507 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Add me as a friend. I know how you feel, I recently married and moved from one coast to the other. I have no family, no friends and am trying to make this lifestyle change on my own. I've come and gone from this site, logged and not logged. ATe and ate and binged but in the end I'm still me, still not happy with the weight I am. SOMETHING has to click to make you want this more than you don't. Support from the people here will help if you are willing to open up. It's a daily struggle for me, every morsel I put in my mouth.
  • missymuffet459
    Options
    I have been discouraged lately as well. Mostly because the scale is not cooperating even though I feel like I am doing what I should.

In the past I would have given up. But I know deep down that is not what I want. I keep asking myself "what is the alternative?- being unhealthy and FAT!"

I will not give in. It is time to take control of food- not have food control me.
  • tiffeh345
    tiffeh345 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I was feeling so down when I wrote that first post. After reading all of your comments, I feel 110% better. I am not going to give up. Giving up is not a part of who I am. I am just used to getting what I want and getting it right then. This journey is going to take patience. That is something I have to work on.

I went to the doctor about two weeks ago and she said I was at risk for developing early diabetes. I do not want to have to take medicine for the rest of my life. I want to take control of it. I want to learn all I can about becoming healthy. My life literally depends on it. I just feel like there is so much to learn and I am stumbling around in the dark with it.

I really appreciate all of your support. It means so much to me to have such a strong support system. I am going to get my behind into gear and do this. I owe it to myself and to my family and (hopefully) future family to stay around as long as I can.
  • FarmGirl69
    FarmGirl69 Posts: 211
    Options
    Your friend might not be nearby, but we're all right here. Make a habit of logging in and staying connected to all of your MFP family. I've never been more motivated than when I interact with like minded folks here! You can do this!!!

^^ditto!! :flowerforyou:
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I don't believe anyone has not felt this way. You are not alone. The thing is, you HAVE to do it when you don't want to do it. Sometimes the only thing that gets me thru a tough day is that I am focusing on other things or having friends on here encourage me. This site is full of people in the same boat as you. Keep your chin up!
  • kuger4119
    kuger4119 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I have been feeling that way myself lately. When I joined MFP I lost a lot of weight and really got in shape. I have since gained it all back and then some. I decided that it was time to stop this yo yo dieting and make a lifestyle change. It is all about being confident in who you are and knowing that you will feel amazing when you can accomplish your goals. A 20-30 minute walk everyday will be very beneficial! You can do it, I know you can!

That's the one issue with this site and any other diet. It is so important that people make changes that are sustainable for them personally. I worry about what will happen with me when I get rid of my last 5-6 lbs. You never know how your body will react when you try to go into maintenance mode but you hope that you've picked a lifestyle that is sustainable.

For the original poster, you can't change the past so all you can do is pick today as the day you're ready to move forward again.
  • eln2008
    eln2008 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Don't be discouraged! Everyday you wake up is a step in the right direction even if you don't accomplish the set goal you may have. You're trying and giving it your best -- that's more than enough! God bless and know there are many people on MFP who can motivate and inspire you to keep moving if ever you need encouragement. This website has helped me tremendously. Best wishes to you!