Is there anyway to tone up and not leave the sofa :D

Replies

• gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    lol (anxiously awaiting responses!)
  • charlotteredpath
    Options
    i really wanna loose weight but i cant stand excersise!!! its like torture for me, i dont understand how people become addicted
  • kcebolsk
    kcebolsk Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I felt the same way. You just have to find the right exercises for you. if you are doing something you don't enjoy, then no you will not become addicted. Or find a friend to go with! That's how I got into it. She brought me to her classes she goes too...Step, Kickboxing, Zumba (my favorite) Spin (swore I was never going back....go every week) It's more fun when you have someone to talk to, and once you start seeing results.....you want to go back for more! And it's fun to go with someone too, that helps push you to not quit when you want to. Or if you read...get on an elliptical, bring your book and get lost in your book....45 min will pass before you know it!
  • amandab1669
    amandab1669 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I used to be the same way but with making exercise a part of my life instead of feeling like it's a chore helps. I started about 4 months ago and I love it now. I used to hate sweating and making myself exercise but now it is second nature. You just have to ask yourself why you are exercising. When you start feeling the benefits and seeing the results you won't want to stop. All I can say is if you really want to lose weight just stop complaining and do it. Or realize that your not going to loose the weight like you want. Good luck
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    You can lose weight by eating right without exercise, but you aren't going to get the butt you want by sitting on it! :noway:

Find something you like to do...there's got to be SOMETHING, right? :huh:
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Is this a technical support question?????
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    dancing is fun, most people like it.
    skipping. jump rope.
    sit on the couch and just punch with your arms.
    i hear ddr is great.
    what about swimming?

http://www.youtube.com/user/BeFit/videos

free workout vids. the dance ones are easy.
  • Lily_Rose
    Lily_Rose Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Can't believe there is nothing you like that counts as exercise...swimming? hiking? soccer? karate? anything?
  • ggcat
    ggcat Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    You're not suppose to like everything that is good for you :)
  • Cat52169
    Cat52169 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Is this a technical support question?????

technically.........no but who cares :smile:

Sex and lots of it! Burns calories and builds muscle! Mainly kegel but hell who cares it's sex! :happy:
  • TriThreat
    TriThreat Posts: 313
    Options
    I JAZZERCISE!!! :happy:

which is a combo of ..., dancing, kickboxing, and a lil stretching. it's tons of fun! there are 10, 20, 30, and 45 min workout options. I sometimes do two or three at a time, they are so much fun! and it doesn't feel like working out. just feels like you're dancing, having fun. plus they have DVD sets, so I can work out anywhere, anytime :smile:
  • ladyfox1979
    ladyfox1979 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    mmmmm. Depending on how big your sofa is you could do arm pushups, flutter kicks since you're already on your back or crunches and never have to leave the couch.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Start slow .... just do a little something ... you don't have to kill yourself. Keep trying different things ... you will eventually find something you like.

Kinda out there .....

Belly dancing

Hula hoop

Rebounding (mini trampoline) .... you can do bookcamp, kickboxing ... lots of stuff using these. Working out doesn't have to be sit ups, push ups & running.

I rented DVDs (by mail) from Netflix ... each week I got something new. This was a great way to start. I tried all kinds of things.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    You're not suppose to like everything that is good for you :)

But liking it makes it easier to go back to it day in and day out. I gave up my gym membership as i wasn't using it anyway, that money will buy me some nice camping / hiking gear instead of going unused, and i get to do something fun as a result...
    gym was a chore... hiking a blast... do even more hiking . even more active than when i was at the gym.... win win
  • charlotteredpath
    Options
    i used to be a gymnast but wrecked my knee and never went back. My friends are all out drinking and stuff now which is fine but im happily settled and they would not come with me :( i tried zumba but i have no co-ordination, Tried the gym but was boring :) i dont mind walking if its not raining haha
  • spikefoot
    spikefoot Posts: 419
    Options
    If someone responds with an answer that truly works then it is worth millions.

Start small and as you start to see and feel the improvement it will be 100 x more enjoyable.

I have gone from lazy and out of breath to enjoying my heart beating, sweating and pushing myself. But that is not really what you want to hear.

When I tell myself I am exercising it makes me feel very impatient. I need a different goal and for me it is trying to build my endurance. You could try walking with a friend and add something to the mix that is motivating so the "walk" becomes less apparent.... if that makes any sense.
  • charlotteredpath
    Options
    Start slow .... just do a little something ... you don't have to kill yourself. Keep trying different things ... you will eventually find something you like.

Kinda out there .....

Belly dancing

Hula hoop

Rebounding (mini trampoline) .... you can do bookcamp, kickboxing ... lots of stuff using these. Working out doesn't have to be sit ups, push ups & running.

I rented DVDs (by mail) from Netflix ... each week I got something new. This was a great way to start. I tried all kinds of things.

oh i like the dvd idea! ive just purchased myself a wii too, i hope ill like that
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    yes, there are many exercises you can incorporate into a routine without leaving the couch...various crunches, dips, push ups, dead lifts, squats, lunge variations, burpies, the list goes on~

unless you're a quadriplegic...then I got nothing...
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    i was the same until i discovered JM workouts. i love circuit training, it keeps me engaged and doesnt bore me, and its short bursts of hard energy so its not so time consuming i feel like. just have to experiment with some activities until you find one you like. yoga, running, dancing, sports, walking, zumba, kickboxing, walking your dog, whatever have you.
  • charlotteredpath
    Options
    see walking i like doing with my other half, but hes so much fitter than me i feel like a 90 year old