TRUTH ABOUT EGGS

Options

Replies

• laurastrait21
    laurastrait21 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I <3 eggs!!!!!! The possibilities are endless!!
  • RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    MMM! Yum, great way to get in an extra egg is to have a mug cake. I had a chocolate mug cake last night, and I tried a pumpkin mug cake this afternoon for snack.

Ruth
  • astovey
    astovey Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Makes me feel a little better about my lunch which included 5 egg whites and just a tad bit of yolk :glasses:
  • snarky
    snarky Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    HEY! as a borderline high cholesterol person, I thought I would check out the study... I didn't get there but found this: "One note of caution: Among women in this study with diabetes and in another study of men with diabetes, higher egg consumption has been associated with increased risks of heart disease" on the Harvard website here http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/what-should-you-eat/fats-full-story/

Just thought it might apply to people here. It isn't so black and white.
  • kyliecakes0405
    kyliecakes0405 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I have a crazy addiction with eating boiled eggs so this was very refreshing to read!

Thanks for sharing :drinker:
  • kaitimae
    kaitimae Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    truth about eggs: they are delicious
  • BR3ANDA
    BR3ANDA Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    HEY! as a borderline high cholesterol person, I thought I would check out the study... I didn't get there but found this: "One note of caution: Among women in this study with diabetes and in another study of men with diabetes, higher egg consumption has been associated with increased risks of heart disease" on the Harvard website here http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/what-should-you-eat/fats-full-story/

Just thought it might apply to people here. It isn't so black and white.

What that says to me is, if you have diabetes and consume more than the recommended amount of eggs on a daily basis, you might have an increased risk of heart disease. People with diabetes also need to watch other factors in their diet, like bad carbs, sugars, and high fat foods.
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    As someone who has had sky high cholesterol (300+) her entire adult life (thin or not) , I am proud to say that after 8 months of eating clean 90% of the time combined with lots of heavy lifting/cardio, my cholesterol in now below 170. I am now in the normal range! I have always refused to take medication for my cholesterol because I hate pills and I like grapefruit......I eat a lot of red meat/whole eggs and yet my cholesterol is lower now than ever. I truly believe it is because of the exercise and lack of processed foods even if they are supposedly "low fat" or "low cal". I weigh a good 40 pounds more now than I did when I had my highest cholesterol reading. Interestingly enough, that reading was after losing 20 pounds on weight watchers...lol! I'm pretty sure that 100 calorie packs of anything are just garbage. I am going to continue eating my whole eggs and steak thank you very much....
  • Ven79
    Ven79 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    ahhhhhh..what a great post. Wont make mefeel guilty about eating another 'whole' egg again!
    thanks for the info ;-)
  • falcon367
    falcon367 Posts: 116
    Options
    Pretty sure there's a Chicken out there trying to get this thread closed down .... :tongue:
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I love eggs. I have 4 egg whites every morning for breakfast. I'm not a fan of the yolk, though.
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I eat oodles of eggs and have a great cholesterol profile. Just saying.
  • Timmmy40
    Timmmy40 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I do not understand the reasoning for just eating the egg whites and smoothering them with cheese and the like because they do not taste good. Isn't that defeating the purpose of just eating the egg white. I do not think there is anything wrong with eating eggs every day. The yoke is the best part. I have this argument with my dad whenever the discussion comes up. Oh, my favorite let's eat processed egg whites in a box because you are to lazy to separate them yourself. People, whole eggs are good for you. My dad also eats meat that comes from a four legged animal atleast 5 times a week, and he is worried about egg yokes. Also, everything in moderation right. I think eating the entire egg benefits you more then they hurt your body. The same fools say that avocados are bad for you too.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    The body will make, naturally, way more cholesterol than could be consumed daily. Cholesterol is vital to our well-being.

Dietary cholesterol does not raise blood cholesterol, 'high' (as defined by the medical profession) blood cholesterol is not a good marker for cardiovascular disease in any case.

So, anyway, cholesterol, what is important? HDL, LDL, vLDL ... The ratio between them?

Any food (or more likely some packaged psuedofood) that is labelled 'Low Cholesterol' just makes me laugh.

I eat eggs daily, and plenty of them, they are ace.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I do not understand the reasoning for just eating the egg whites and smoothering them with cheese and the like because they do not taste good. Isn't that defeating the purpose of just eating the egg white. I do not think there is anything wrong with eating eggs every day. The yoke is the best part. I have this argument with my dad whenever the discussion comes up. Oh, my favorite let's eat processed egg whites in a box because you are to lazy to separate them yourself. People, whole eggs are good for you. My dad also eats meat that comes from a four legged animal atleast 5 times a week, and he is worried about egg yokes. Also, everything in moderation right. I think eating the entire egg benefits you more then they hurt your body. The same fools say that avocados are bad for you too.

Precisely ... just eat the fricking whole eggs!
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I usually eat two eggs every day. The *whole* shebang. Mmmmm eggs are awesome.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    This post makes me wish I liked eggs.
  • shadshad
    shadshad Posts: 58
    Options
    Love my eggs
  • dhakiyya
    dhakiyya Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I could easily eat 6-9 eggs in a day. Most days I eat at least 3. My family buy about 60 eggs a week (they are cheap here :smile: )
  • delikium
    delikium Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    so...if egg whites are so good...what do you do with the seperated egg yolks?
    do you throw them away?