SBF2 Reboot Boogaloo! Nov 30

Options
2»

Replies

• ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Viv, can you belive it's almost over? I swear the semester just started a month ago! I don't even have my final exams written yet; guess that's my goal for the next few days. I too do not have to be back in the office until mid-January. Although I will be spending a lot of time here as we are preparing for an accreditation site visit (blargh). Good luck with finals today!
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Um, yeah. I'm not going to discuss the ultimate moment of weakness last night, but it involved the 30+ pounds of bulk Godiva chocolate I just bought for Christmas and Mt. Dew.... not good! I feel so horrible today :( At least the guilt got me on the treadmill before work this morning for 30 min. Better than nothing I suppose, but man oh man I've got to pull my head out of my butt. WHY do I do this? I always regret it, but it sounds (and tastes) like such a good idea at the time. HELP ladies!
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Everyone getting up late today?

Today is yoga and gym. I thinking about making a yoga video for my class for "homework," since I won't teach Dec 25 or Jan 1. Need to borrow flip camera and see how it goes. I'll try a sequence out today.

Three weeks until Christmas - oh my - two weeks until my family's Christmas - scary stuff.

Get in gear, boogaloo!
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Mary - sorry about the creepy dentist. Eww. :sick: I know what you mean about Facebook. If you've never met her, I'd say it's ok to ignore her friend request. Something like LinkedIn (for professional connections) is better for that sort of thing. I keep getting these random requests from people I went to high school (or earlier!) with but don't remember very well, and I don't know what to do with them. If the person already has 300 friends, and they didn't send me a personal note, then I often ignore them. Not sure if it's the "right" thing to do, but I feel strange about the people that I accepted as friends who I really don't know. On the other hand, it's sometimes fun to see what other people are up to or thinking about - kinda like reading the blog of someone you don't really know. It just depends on if it's an interesting blog, I guess. :wink:
    Arianne - I think the stress of the season makes us more vulnerable to falling into traps. I try to ask myself, do 5 pieces of chocolate really taste 5 times better than just one? The answer is pretty much always no, but if I'm still wanting it then there's usually something else going on (stress/depression/food as self-soothing/etc).

I have to work tonight (big outage window), so I'm a little bit down about it. I haven't done any real workouts this week, but I'll do at least one set of pushups before I head in. Otherwise, I think I am going to try and enjoy my first day (mostly) off in awhile. My weight doesn't seem to have changed since before Thanksgiving, at least, so I'm thankful for that!

Tired of work boogaloo. Happy weekend! :flowerforyou:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Yep, Mary. . .got up late. The homework video sounds like a lovely idea. Dentist. . .ewwww. That would skeeve me out for sure.

Had a bit of a dessert slip up with portion control. I found these macaroons at the store that were sweetened with honey and thought "great I can buy these and have a few for my dessert this week." Ate the whole tin. I blame this on a bit of sadness over leaving my church job (the final rehearsal was emotional. . .and Sunday will be a mess. . .they're consolidating with another parish. . .so essentially shutting down the church. Rough times.) and the other factor was that I didn't pack lunch for what I thought would be a shorter teaching day due to their exam (it ended up only about an hour shorter. . .so by the time I got to the store I was starving.) Also, I bought a bottle of barbecue sauce labeled "no sugar added", and got home and read the ingredients list. First two ingredients: agave nectar and molasses. Not technically "sugar", but that seemed a bit deceptive. I was too hungry to stop and read the label in the store. Naughty.

Arianne, the words "30+ pounds of bulk godiva chocolate" made me want to drive to your house and bury myself in it. I don't know how to resist that. Maybe pledge to yourself (like most of us are doing, or trying to do) not to have anything sweet for the rest of the week? This sometimes works for me. Sometimes.

So, no more sweets until next week for sure. I woke up craving chicken, of all things. . .so at least my body is trying to balance itself out with some protein. I just ate almond flour chicken tenders for breakfast. I've officially crossed a line.:tongue: Or maybe macaroons for dinner was the line, and now I'm trying to get back over it.

Goals of the day: Bikram at 3, no more sweets of any kind until next weekend, and some vegetables with my meals/snacks for the rest of the day. (as breakfast was exclusively chicken.)

Also, I haven't been doing my gratitude thing every day, so I'll have to work on that.

Gratitude brainstorm boogaloo.:flowerforyou:
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    Hi pebbs,

Just a quick check in. No sweets yesterday, despite wanting them. Workout today will be a long walk in the sunshine/cold. Winter finally came, but hasn't brought us any snow yet.

I feel un-specifically grateful lately. Just grateful, so I'll take it.

Sunday boogaloo.:flowerforyou:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Got a short gym workout, a walk, and yoga session in yesterday. Started to play around with i-movie. Dang it's easy to make movies - if time consuming. We are going to record this morning then I can edit this week. I'm thinking about an hour long yoga session.

I want to get a walk or gym this afternoon.

Yesterday, after getting back from Ethiopian food, I had one chocolate. Just one - 88%. I was amazed when I realized it.

Amazing myself, boogaloo!
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    My wish for all of you: that you never have to be at a house of worship on its last day in existence. :brokenheart: Not a dry eye anywhere. They're amalgamating with another parish, and their building will most likely get sold and torn down (the real estate is no doubt very valuable). I am like a wobbly emotional domino, and when someone near me starts crying, I go, too. . .so it was hard to sing.

I'm going to go walk it off now. Had potato chips and soda for lunch, so I'll be walking that off, too.
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Sorry, V - that sounds hard. And exhausting.

That's awesome that you are making a yoga video for your class, Mary - totally cool. I've never played with iMovie, but it sounds like fun. Well, challenging fun. :wink:

My work went well last night, so at least I can feel good about that. My eating hasn't been too bad this week, I just haven't worked out hardly at all. This week I am going to get back to it - I haven't gained any weight as far as I can tell, but I think I'm getting softer. Today we are going to go get some weatherstripping for the windows, and do some Christmas shopping (online). We also might make some almond roca (like butter toffee w/almonds and chocolate) and/or granola as Christmas gifts. It will be hard not to eat the candy. :noway:

Grateful that I really don't need anything for Christmas, boogaloo! :flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Hey Pebbs,
    V, sorry about your church. :cry: Believe it or not, I've been in the same situation..sort of. We lived in a smaller town before moving to DFW and the church we went to in the smaller town had been there about 12 years ( I had been going there for 3-ish and DH for 7 years). The pastor had been going through some rough times and became sarcastic even in his preaching and irresponsible with the money. We went for a visit to see our friends and that Sunday they made the announcement that their last Sunday was like the next week! I am thankful that we went so we could see everyone before it split up but it was sad. It has been much harder to see the road that the pastor and his family have taken. :frown: So I kind of know what you are going through and I am very sorry. I hope your new church is a bigger blessing to you than the other one.

I haven't checked in because - well, frankly I've not been doing well. I don't know what's going on. I'm just down. I have no reason. Honestly I think it's food related. I've had a hard time with it since Thanksgiving. We've had a lot of things going wrong lately. Not really big things, but little things, nit-picking at us all the time. It's just been a little stressful. And last week I just didn't feel good. I have been bummed and haven't wanted to get on here and tell you all how horrible I'm doing. :tongue: I'll get it together soon I hope.

I think once I get back to working out I'll be doing better. Goal for this week is to work out at least 3X and work on my eating. I will also try not to have dessert until Friday night. Our friends were going to our favorite restaurant for lunch today, but we didn't have the money to go. I can't believe what a fit (inside) I was throwing. It made me realize how spoiled I've gotten and how I really need to quit basing my life on food.

I'm done rambling now. Hope your weekend is going well!
    MM