Stretch marks

Options
2»

Replies

• wonderkitten711
    wonderkitten711 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Mine have gotten smaller as I've lost weight. Drink lots of water, moisturize regularly, make sure you're getting your vitamins. Also, try to view any that linger as battle scars. I have stretch marks, and I also have several surgery scars from battles with cancer when I was younger...they're all just scars that mark the struggles I've survived that have made me who I am. If you don't let them bother you, they won't bother others, especially anyone that cares about you.
  • vsecret921
    vsecret921 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    real women have stretch marks :)
  • cobaltis
    cobaltis Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Stretch marks come from gaining weight, not losing it... (aka the stretching part) If you lose the weight you wont create new ones... I personally have a lot but I would rather be more fit and lean than re-fill out the extra skin!

The stretch marks appear differently but there is no "pressure" to shrink, its a lack of pressure that allows the skin to retract. Your not adding new ones, it just allows some wrinkles where stretch marks were to appear until it tightens (if it does...) Think of elastic stretched out, it cant retract all the way but given some time with the pressure gone it will slowly shrink up more. No elastic bands break while the tension is gone but you might notice more broken elastic threads in the band as it shrunk.
  • AegyooSasoou
    AegyooSasoou Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the great answers guys .....i already feel more confident and will go ahead with my weight loss once again....I'll be sure to take my vitaamins, drink lots of water and moisturize moisturize moisturize :smile:
  • droogievesch
    droogievesch Posts: 202
    Options
    @Nas24 lol....thanks that was funny thanks for that......but i am still pretty young and afraid to get a boyfriend because of them. I don't even show my legs
    Believe me.... The boys don't care. Most of them don't even know what they are :) The good men will understand, I'm sure they aren't perfect either. I used to have the same fears. I had stretch marks since I was in my teens. Now I have even worse scars from a car accident, I just say screw it. The key is to show that you are confident and proud of who you are. :)

I was surprised to find that a lot of guys get stretch marks when they go through their growth spurt. My fiance, who isn't a "big" guy has stretch marks on his hips/butt/thighs because he grew over 4" or 6" within a summer or something like that. I've seen so many guys with the stretch marks in the armpit areas too. Maybe I'm really jaded, but any guy that's superficial enough to care about my stretch marks doesn't deserve me. I love the Body Shop's lotions because they are all natural/organic.
  • missquela
    missquela Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I agree with all that's been said- embrace your battle scars, because losing weight is hard freakin work, and you have the proof of how hard you've worked to carry with you and inspire you.

That being said- a friend of mine has been using vitamin E oil nightly on her stretch marks, and we can see a noticeable difference after 6 weeks. They are still there, but have lightened considerably. A trick she uses is to buy actual vitamins from walgreens and poking a hole in the gel cap and applying the gel directly to the affected skin. I'm giving it a try, so I'll be sure to let you guys know if I get similar results!
  • nailtechbec
    nailtechbec Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I have LOADS of stretch marks from my pregnancies and lack of stretchy skin I have found bio oil applied twice a day really helps with their appearance x