July binge challenge!

Options

Replies

• racemary
    racemary Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Had a bad day Sunday, after being sick on Saturday I felt like I couldn't stop eating. So:
    Me: 8
    Binge monster: 2
    (I started July 2nd)

17055087.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • vivianleemit
    vivianleemit Posts: 112
    Options
    Me: 8
    Binge monster: 3

Sigh. It's not even noon and I've already binged big time. Made the mistake of dropping by 7-11 and in a moment of weakness, ended up buying a bag of kettle-cooked chips and a king-size candy bar. Ate SO many of the chips and half the candy bar. I feel disgusting right now, augh. At least I'll have some motivation to work out later...
  • mangohead100
    Options
    Since July 5 (inclusive)

Powerful me!: 6
    Powerless binge monster: 0

This challenge is really helping me both in making better eating choices and knowing that all of you are facing the same challenge. We can beat the binge monster!
  • mollyW2012
    mollyW2012 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Me: 9
    Binge Monster: 1

Was doing great, until last night I ate three large tablespoons of peanut butter, followed by six fudgesicles. OOPS! Back on track today. I really should not buy fudgesicles......
  • dotti1121
    dotti1121 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Starting this past Sunday July 8:

Me: 2
    Monster: 1
  • maureenpr
    maureenpr Posts: 10
    Options
    I'm in, a little late, but from what I've put in my diary:

(Since July 1st)
    Winning: 9
    Binge Monster: 2

Weekends are my downfall. I can usually keep tabs on things pretty well at work.
  • Roos2104
    Roos2104 Posts: 22
    Options
    Start: 1st of july:
    Today: 11th of july

Me: 9
    Binge monster: 2

Ugh binge monster won today...:-( I feel disgusting, had all these supersweet pieces of turkish delight at work, shouldn't have touched those. Very motivated to go to the gym tonight.
  • abellone7289
    abellone7289 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Oooh I am so in! Lately I have been having trouble with binging, which is odd... I never binged like this before a few months ago. let's see.... Idon't really remember all my days and I haven't been tracking well so this is an estimate of the days I can remember

Winning: 3
    Binge monster: 4

I need some work :embarassed:
  • kaydensmom12
    kaydensmom12 Posts: 338
    Options
    winning: 10 in a row
    lost: 1
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Winning: 11
    Binge: 0

Running total of binge-free days: 28
  • Romans624
    Romans624 Posts: 822
    Options
    July 11th -

Winning: 8/11

Binge Monster: 0/11

Good Food "Binge" or Health Food (but off plan, like fruit): 1/11

Bad foods, moderate/minimal within calories( e.g.. , a brownie): 2/11
  • demelza123
    demelza123 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    July 11th - good day no binge monster for me

Win: 3 days
    Lost (to the binge monster) - 0 days

:-)
  • mikkimomof3
    mikkimomof3 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Today was not a good day--but I wouldn't say I binged..just overate. I had a girls night at my house and while I did go over a bit, I felt in control and have no regrets. Going to call it a win for me today...because my normal self would have had a second piece of pie after everyone had left..but tonight I wasn't even tempted! :)
  • towens00
    towens00 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Me: 3

Binge:0
  • ebpookie
    ebpookie Posts: 3
    Options
    I've been binge free for 352 days now and working on hitting that year mark.
  • awdamm
    awdamm Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    how do you gauge a binge? if you go over your calories, eat too much sugar, have too many carbs...
  • awdamm
    awdamm Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    nevermind questions answered. :D
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,024 Member
    Options
    Start date: July 8th
    Winning: 1
    Binge Monster: 3

So, this wasn't a total binge, really. I did good until last night. I call it a binge because I did not control myself. I did make a wise choice to eat a salad, but did not really limit the amount and had 3 Tablespoons of a regular kind of dressing (not a light dressing), and for dessert a bowl of ice cream with 3 Tablespoons (at least) of Hershey's Chocolate syrup. So, not totally out of control as in eating the whole container of ice cream... but definitely will NOT lose weight by doing this kind of thing.. I really do call it a binge as I could not control the urge & HAD to do this.
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Start date: July 8th
    Winning: 1
    Binge Monster: 3

So, this wasn't a total binge, really. I did good until last night. I call it a binge because I did not control myself. I did make a wise choice to eat a salad, but did not really limit the amount and had 3 Tablespoons of a regular kind of dressing (not a light dressing), and for dessert a bowl of ice cream with 3 Tablespoons (at least) of Hershey's Chocolate syrup. So, not totally out of control as in eating the whole container of ice cream... but definitely will NOT lose weight by doing this kind of thing.. I really do call it a binge as I could not control the urge & HAD to do this.

That's not a binge! It's okay to enjoy a little extra of the things you like. Imo a binge is like, eating the entire family size bag of chips in one sitting. You should not get bent out of shape over something so minor. Sometimes you just want some extra chocolate syrup, nbd.
  • avt85
    avt85 Posts: 64
    Options
    I lost to the challenge today.
    Binge monster got me eating 1,400 calories over my mfp limit.

I would have probably kept eating more if I didn't force myself to go the gym to try and burn off some of the stuff I ate tonight.:frown: