How are you all losing?

Options

Replies

• vltaylor35
    vltaylor35 Posts: 72
    Options
    i just use MFP and have lost 46 pounds so far this year. i religiously stick to my calorie and goal and i almost always eat back all of my exercise calories
  • amberecochran
    amberecochran Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    After many years of being on the weight loss rollercoaster, I finally went to see my doctor. He put me on an appetite suppressent, B12 vitamins, and a low calorie diet (1200 calories per day) plus exercise. I log everything I eat. Even condiments. I go to the gym three times a week/1 hour per day and do one day of cario, one day of strength training and I do one day of swimming laps. I do, like may here, eat my exercise calories. I gave up sodas, sugar, sweet tea, and am making healthy choices about what I eat. It has been two weeks and I have lost 10lbs. I'm sure half of that was water weight, so I'm not going to be disappointed if I don't average 5lbs a week. The best way for me to do it is slow and simple. If I complicate things or do things too drastically, I will get frustrated and quit. I also have an accountability partner who helps keep me on track. Someone to talk to, go to the gym with, and just keeps me straight. Anyway, those are the things I do. What works for me, may not work for everyone else. We are all different so we all won't lose weight the same way or at the same rate. Good luck in you journey!
  • kayteaann
    kayteaann Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    measure yourself before and after you might be losing some inches instead of lbs? keep it at! consistency will not fail you in the end
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    I am really kind of sad for you. My breakfast today has more calories than you eat TOTAL for some days.... :(
  • ShifuYaku
    ShifuYaku Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Too less calories... unless you have a good reason why these are so low, better be eating around 1200 or more.

Also, I only looked back 2 days and found your first problem - don't eat at McDonalds. Don't eat at any fast food. Try that for about a month, and then see how you feel about eating there. There is all kind of crap there... once you are done with the fast food restaurants, work on the store processed foods.

Lastly, if your exercise isn't outweighing your foods, you'll never lose. I'm finding this out fast, because I was exercising and doing body workouts, but I wasn't lifting... and my food was full of bad things. I am now going to change that because 3-4 months of plateau is not fun. :)

Hope this helps a little!
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I watch my carbohydrates!

A radical concept, surely you are falling over due to a lack of energy as a result? ;)
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I lose minimum 4-6 pounds a week. I only use MFP to track my macros, i eat whatever the fk i want. I'll splurge eat, gain 20 pounds in a week and lose it all in 2-3 weeks because i can lmao. You're probably eating too much, also you are over thinking. Eat healthy, eat less, train more. it's as simple as that.

Otczp.gif
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    Options
    measure yourself before and after you might be losing some inches instead of lbs? keep it at! consistency will not fail you in the end

However, consistently STARVING oneself does lead to failure. It may ultimately get someone skinny, but in no way shape or form, will they be FIT or HEALTHY!
  • dukslayer4051
    dukslayer4051 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    i have worked at it alot. i still have a ways to go, but it started with a decision. that i was going to get into shape for me and my kids sake. i was 344 when i started and now im down to 255. i still have a ways to go but the first 60 dropped off with changing eating habits...now its a battle to loose even 1 lb for me. i find that i have to scrutinize my diet and make huge changes to break plateaus. ie cut carbs for 2 weeks or fluctuate my calorie intake. one time i had to actually eat more to get the increase in calories to get it to drop. i have become alot more aware of what my diet actually looks like and i have a better handle on how my body reacts to different foods. mfp has helped track that alot. i think nutrition has been key
  • channa007
    channa007 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    1. Weights
    2. by EATING! 1500+ calories a day even into the 2000's sometimes.
    3. clean food helps rid the cravings

"Clean foods" are a myth.

http://www.thespartanwarrior.com/post/9003266490/thedirtoncleaneating
  • Mrsbrandnewmeslimandtrim
    Options
    :indifferent:
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    Options

Lastly, if your exercise isn't outweighing your foods, you'll never lose. I'm finding this out fast, because I was exercising and doing body workouts, but I wasn't lifting... and my food was full of bad things. I am now going to change that because 3-4 months of plateau is not fun. :)

Hope this helps a little!

NO NO NO! The deficit is created through the number that mfp sets you up with. Exercise shouldn't outweigh the intake. That's like saying "you can drive 80 miles on a gallon of fuel" when they only get 40 mpg--makes NO SENSE!
  • bloomlately
    bloomlately Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I'm at the beginning of my journey too (6 weeks in).

I learned about the Eat More, Weight Less philosophy here and use my TDEE-20% as my calorie goal. I use another site for logging my exercise so I just stick to that daily calorie goal as the assumption that I'm exercising 30 mins a day is already built in. My weight loss has been slow and steady now (about a pound a week) and that suits me fine as I'd prefer to lose slowly.

As for exercise, I do a mix of Couch to 5k running training, swimming, yoga, and hiking. I'm now starting to look into incorporating strength exercises.

The fun thing about staring at a scale is that it shows what you weigh, including all that water your body likes to hold onto. I usually see my weight hold steady all week and then BAM! it drops a pound out of the blue. I'd probably be better off looking at the scale only once a week. My clothes are definitely fitting better and I can race up stairs w/o getting winded, so the NSVs (non-scale victories) are also important to recognize.
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    I lose minimum 4-6 pounds a week. I only use MFP to track my macros, i eat whatever the fk i want. I'll splurge eat, gain 20 pounds in a week and lose it all in 2-3 weeks because i can lmao. You're probably eating too much, also you are over thinking. Eat healthy, eat less, train more. it's as simple as that.

samjacksonomg.gif

Honestly it sounds pretty bad unless your under the supervision of a nutritionist or doctor!
  • WilliamsPeggy
    WilliamsPeggy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    patience
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I watch my carbohydrates!

A radical concept, surely you are falling over due to a lack of energy as a result? ;)

hehe
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    1. Weights
    2. by EATING! 1500+ calories a day even into the 2000's sometimes.
    3. clean food helps rid the cravings

"Clean foods" are a myth.

http://www.thespartanwarrior.com/post/9003266490/thedirtoncleaneating

She asked me what *I* do, not your opinion.
    It helps me get rid of the cravings, because if I eat too much sugar I feel like I cannot stop.
    Plus gives me more energy and doesn't make me feel like ****.
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Did all of you lose just by counting the calories and entering exercises on MFP? Or did you all do something additional? I'm a skeptic. I've been using MFP consistently for 2 weeks and the scales are moving in the WRONG direction for me or not moving at all. I've been exercising more than ever. 1 hour on the stationary bike 4 - 5 times a week. And I've just started 1 hour on the elliptical starting this week :( I want to see results!!!! Help!! Any suggestions?

My first 2 weeks on MFP my weight went up, it took a month before I started losing. I now lose 2 pounds a week although based on my calories/deficit I should be losing 3.

All I do is limit my calories, walk an hour a day, and do some basic strength training 3 times a week. Exercise is important for health, but only 20% important as far as losing weight. If you are doing 2 hours a day, you might want to look at your calorie intake more carefully its very easy to cheat, forget to log food, measure incorrectly etc. Unless you only use prepared food that can be measured accurately and/or weigh every piece of food, most of your food intake is probably just a guess.
  • tanyaslosingit
    tanyaslosingit Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm strictly counting calories and increasing the amount of time I move throughout the day (low impact cardio = walking the dogs, maybe a 20 minute stint on the exercise bike at a moderate pace; sometimes a hike on the week-ends)

I did get a FitBit to help me gauge how much I'm moving and I make a point of eating back my calories if I burn 500+ cals; and I've been focusing on more fruit and fiber in my diet, drinking the eight glasses of water a day and, getting at least seven hours of sleep.

When I hit my next milestone (crossing over from overweight to the high end of normal) I plan on taking up some core/strength exercises...

I'm a big believer in Slow & Steady and keeping it real (i.e. doing what I can integrate into a daily routine regardless of where I am)
  • Cytrix
    Cytrix Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    1. You're not eating enough. Your body is starving so clinging onto whatever it can
    2. You're eating chips and McDonalds and hot dogs and barely ANY vegetables or fruit.
    3. You are doing all this exercise on not enough calories. That's like trying to run a car with no petrol.

Want to say they're either trolling or need their head checked...