124»

Replies

• mojolo7
    mojolo7 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    1. Laziness.
    2. TV.
    3. Booze.
    4. I love food (even after I stopped tasting/appreicating how delicious it was, I kept eating).
    5. I had twins=Sleep deprivation+eating breastfeeding calories (for TWO) even after I stopped breastfeeding.
    6. I ignored my body (and my tight-fitting clothes) because I didn't want to have to do anything about it.
    7. I forgot how much I like to feel sexy and atrractive.
    8. I didn't know about MFP. :-)
  • MissMormie
    MissMormie Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I'm overweight because I ate too much, snacked too much and wouldn't exercise.

I could easily come up with some reasons why I did that, but basically, that's it.
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    In no way whatsoever am I blaming my mom for my weight issues. My mom is a WONDERFUL woman, with a kind heart and generous spirit. I aspire to have her calm, wisdom, and servant's heart.

The food choices I made were my own. Mostly because I was uneducated WHICH IS ALSO A PERSONAL CHOICE, so it wasn't "just" my mom's fault. She was busy supporting us, taking me to violin lessons, my recitals, extra-curricular orchestra and/or choir practice, driving my brother to his landscaping stuff, being active in our church, etc.

So please, don't think I'm trying to shine a negative light on my mom. I love her, she's awesome, and I enjoy the friendship we share.

ETA: I also had issues growing up that were not my choice (literally) that I was sent to therapy for... therapy where we rehashed everything over and over and over and over and over, like forever ripping the scab off of a wound, instead of learning how to deal with it. But I hate excuses like that for myself, so I didn't bring it up in the original post.
  • patchesgizmo
    patchesgizmo Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    In no way whatsoever am I blaming my mom for my weight issues. My mom is a WONDERFUL woman, with a kind heart and generous spirit. I aspire to have her calm, wisdom, and servant's heart.

The food choices I made were my own. Mostly because I was uneducated WHICH IS ALSO A PERSONAL CHOICE, so it wasn't "just" my mom's fault. She was busy supporting us, taking me to violin lessons, my recitals, extra-curricular orchestra and/or choir practice, driving my brother to his landscaping stuff, being active in our church, etc.

So please, don't think I'm trying to shine a negative light on my mom. I love her, she's awesome, and I enjoy the friendship we share.

ETA: I also had issues growing up that were not my choice (literally) that I was sent to therapy for... therapy where we rehashed everything over and over and over and over and over, like forever ripping the scab off of a wound, instead of learning how to deal with it. But I hate excuses like that for myself, so I didn't bring it up in the original post.

awesome response! Just hit a nerve with me cause your description sounded like how I raised my kids. Hugs, my kids were in therapy also, My son for his anger issues and depression caused by his congenital heart defect. I agree many times the counselors do it wrong.
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    1) started eating same portion size as hubby who is 6ft and I'm 5' 2"
    2) over-ate with both pregnancies
    3) didn't exercise regularly
    4) stress/emotional eating
    5) yo-yo dieting