30 Day Shred - Question

Options

Replies

• AsellusReborn
    AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I am on day 11 today, and the first couple days I was very sore - but I pushed through and I feel much better now than I did then. I start level 2 today and am excited :)
  • Blueberry09
    Blueberry09 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Good lord! This sounds brutal haha....I just got it but I keep putting it off because I am kinda scared to start it hahaha.

Just go easy and do what you can. If you can't use the weights, then don't. Just do the movement. I had to go buy 1 and 2 lbs because 3 was just too tough for some of the moves LOL But I can use 5 on some of them - go figure!
  • kelseyt17
    kelseyt17 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Don't give up. push through being sore, after the warm up you should feel alright. Everyone's body does that when adjusting to something new. You just gotta push through it and it will go away.
  • Bilbobradshaw
    Bilbobradshaw Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I've done it twice, and yes, I was SUPER stiff the first time around. Run a nice warm bath and let your muscles soak up the soothing heat. Eat a banana or a potato for the potassium and some yogurt or chicken for protein and then get back in there! Your endurance will improve and you will love it! Just wait until level 2!

Preach girl preach! Amen.

The first few days are rough, but after day 4-5 you will really notice a shift in your capacity to maintain energy throughout the workout, as well as little to no soreness following the workout. Just make sure to eat properly, stretch (do more than they do on the video, if you need to! I've found added yoga helps a lot!) and take care of yourself afterward
  • Blueberry09
    Blueberry09 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    The first time I did it, I used 8lb hand weights and I COULD NOT MOVE FOR FOUR DAYS.

That would have killed me - 3lbs nearly killed me :laugh: It does get easier, tho, every day you do it.
  • raerae514
    raerae514 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    So yesterday was my first day of 30DS. I tried it in the evening again too, but could only do it for 4 minutes. Since then my muscles have been really stiff, and sore, and I can barely go to stand up and walk around. I was wondering if anyone else had these issues? I want to try it again this morning, but don't know if that would be a really good idea. :\

KEEP GOING! Your muscles and body will adapt under pressure. Stay VERY well hydrated before, after, and even during the workout. That will help with the soreness. Like Jillian says, if you want change, it's not gonna come for free. This is not supposed to be easy!
  • amatrey17
    amatrey17 Posts: 23
    Options
    i did my first round of 30DS last year and after the first workout my legs felt like jello and I had trouble walking down the stairs.. i know you are sore but keep it up. Continued use will make you feel great in no time! (oh and i lost 4 pants sizes the last time i ddi it!)
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Drink more water too and go for a run on in between days to get rid of the soreness. Don't break completely
  • Killing_Perfection
    Killing_Perfection Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I did it last month, and I was sore as hell - but that didn't stop me. I was cursing like a sailor, but that usually was only outside of the actual work-out. Even if you keep going your muscles will adapt, that much I can tell you. By now (doing the Ripped in 30 with additional 2 kg per hand) I think the 30DS Lvl 1 would be a breeze, so just keep going. It really gets better~.
  • bookwormwendy
    bookwormwendy Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I, personally, don't like anything that promises "fast" results. Yes, I want to get in shape, am doing so, (yay) but I also think exercise is a bout a lifestyle and sustainability. What happens at the end of your "shred"? You can't keep that pace so do you quit? My advice, take it or leave it, everyone had different goals: slow and steady wins the race. Choose something that you can maintain and that will take you over the long haul. It may take you longer to get there but you are more likely to maintain it.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Drink more water too and go for a run on in between days to get rid of the soreness. Don't break completely

Lots of water, stay active, and stretch. It will help with the soreness.
  • KaidaKantri
    KaidaKantri Posts: 401
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I took a 45 minute walk (hiking mostly) and then I decided to try it, and I made it through. Now I'm shaky as hell, but I'm glad I did it!
  • Heather0o
    Heather0o Posts: 7
    Options
    I was very sore after my first day too. I pushed through it and did what i was comfortable doing the next day. Just hang in there! it gets easier. I am on level 2 now and I have a ton more energy and I can see changes in my whole body. I've haven't lost that much weight but I have lost inches in my arms, legs and waist.
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I'm just using the video here and there as a supplement to my other workouts, I dont want to do it every day right now - I'd rather be outside (I live in Vancouver, BC and we have a very short and mild summer). It IS tough, especially the first couple of times. I find my calves seize up doing the jump rope so I have been stretching them out like mad. I'm only using 2lb weights for now.

Maybe in the Fall I will up the weights and do it more often, but I can't see myself doing it 30 days in a row, maybe 5 days a week (and skip the evenings my male roommate is home because that's just kind of awkward).
  • KaidaKantri
    KaidaKantri Posts: 401
    Options
    I'm just using the video here and there as a supplement to my other workouts, I dont want to do it every day right now - I'd rather be outside (I live in Vancouver, BC and we have a very short and mild summer). It IS tough, especially the first couple of times. I find my calves seize up doing the jump rope so I have been stretching them out like mad. I'm only using 2lb weights for now.

Maybe in the Fall I will up the weights and do it more often, but I can't see myself doing it 30 days in a row, maybe 5 days a week (and skip the evenings my male roommate is home because that's just kind of awkward).

Haha Yeah, I'm planning on doing ripped in 30 days after the 30DS and then doing them both in September, but my EX is coming down to hang out (We are still really good friends) but I know he still regrets leaving me, so Idk what I'm going to do then, obviously not anything like this! XD
  • mrsjennifermaffei
    Options
    You are pushing yourself TOO HARD. Do the easy versions and do it lighter than you expect to. That way you don't run yourself ragged. You will still lose a lot and tone up if you ease yourself into the work outs instead of pushing it to 110% right out the gate.
  • prettyjeans
    Options
    I am on day two of the 30ds. I find that I can do the whole thing. But its really hard. Can anyone tell me how many days in did it get easier?
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    lol

I always have to dope up on ibuprofen for the first few days of the shred. I've run through it a couple times, and the break in between did me absolutely no favors when I started it again. It was like the first time--pain like mad. Hard to run pee 15 times a day when I can hardly go up and down with those thighs and glutes. :p
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    I, personally, don't like anything that promises "fast" results. Yes, I want to get in shape, am doing so, (yay) but I also think exercise is a bout a lifestyle and sustainability. What happens at the end of your "shred"? You can't keep that pace so do you quit? My advice, take it or leave it, everyone had different goals: slow and steady wins the race. Choose something that you can maintain and that will take you over the long haul. It may take you longer to get there but you are more likely to maintain it.

THIS is what happens:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/345445-the-ultimate-before-and-after-30-day-shred-thread
  • quickchekgal
    quickchekgal Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Thanks! and I know I know...I just gotta do it! Hahaha
    Good lord! This sounds brutal haha....I just got it but I keep putting it off because I am kinda scared to start it hahaha.

It'll all be worth it. Now's as good a time as any. YOU CAN DO IT!!! :wink: