How often do you weigh in?

Options
Just looking for responses.....every day, every other, once a week...etc?

Replies

• coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every 2 weeks, and I weigh on Saturday mornings.
  • mhuch110
    mhuch110 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I step on the scale every single stupid day....I seriously need to get over this.....but I only record on MFP on Mondays.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    I step on the scale every single stupid day....I seriously need to get over this.....but I only record on MFP on Mondays.

This is me, too. Can't stop. It's some kind of sick addiction. Gave up sugar, gave up junk, can't give up the scales...:noway:
  • tlinval
    tlinval Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I record my weight every Tuesday, but I weigh every day. I feel I stay on track better this way, it keeps me honest.
  • shannond1980
    shannond1980 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    every few days but I only record it once a week. And I avoid it like the plague during that time of the month (lol). Nobody likes to see +2-5 lbs.
  • DesignGuy
    DesignGuy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I was weekly, but I put the scale away and will be doing monthly from here out I think.
  • Jalare
    Jalare Posts: 103
    Options

This is me, too. Can't stop. It's some kind of sick addiction. Gave up sugar, gave up junk, can't give up the scales...:noway:

I was the same way, but had to let go, so I'm down to 2 - 3 times a week. I officially weigh-in once a week or every 2 weeks. I try not to make it that big of a deal as long as I am at or around calorie goal.
  • Eupho
    Eupho Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    every few days but I only record it once a week. And I avoid it like the plague during that time of the month (lol). Nobody likes to see +2-5 lbs.

I used to weigh every day!.. bad bad.. silly thing to do (for ME, anyway) ..

Now I aim for once per week.. though like the lovely lady above here ^ ... this week as its TOM I am not weighing.. I do NOT want to see disheartening 'gain'.. soooo.. I will leave it until next week.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Every morning.

It's the best way to become aware of/comfortable with the inevitably wild daily fluctuations in scale weight...(the same wild daily fluctuations that will still be in your weekly/monthly/quarterly weigh-ins).

The trick is to not let this daily number significantly affect your plan. I guess ideally, you would weigh yourself daily, but not know the number...perhaps enlist the help of a spouse to record the numbers for you without you being able to see. Then, after a few months of making progress (both scale and NSV), you could review the log and see the phenomenon to which I'm referring. (And I truly believe that becoming comfortable with this is one of the more helpful milestones to eventual success.)
  • Jessamyfrm
    Jessamyfrm Posts: 89
    Options
    It used to be every day but I become way to hung up on it if I hadn't dropped a lb.

Also sometimes your body changes daily due to the amount of waste/water/etc so it wasn't really a fair reading so I've changed it to once a week on the same day at the same time.
  • pink_butterfly
    Options
    I'm stepping on my scale everyday.. even a few times a day so that I get that lowest number... seeing it move down by even .2lbs in one day is my motivation to keep doing what I am doing.. if I stay the same or weigh in heavy for a few days, then I know im slacking and need to kick it up a notch... Its an awful addiction but I know that it drives me to keep going...
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    i get on the scale every morning at the exact same time in the exact same outfit (birthday suit) but i enter my weight once a week
  • kayteaann
    kayteaann Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    haha same here i need to stop cuz when i finally start plateauing it will only get depressing...i should just relocate the scale so I don't see it every morning :/
  • puma1208
    puma1208 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Everyday at night before I go to bed. Or after a hard cardio session, I mainly do it out of habbit just because it one of a few things I do to keep myself on track... It works for me...:happy:
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning, each and every day!
  • jennco3
    jennco3 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Once a week or once every other week.
    Weighing too often can create more problems. That was one of the biggest challenges I had to overcome with my ED.
    Best Wishes~
  • cribber018
    cribber018 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    once a week.. same time!~:smile:
  • lucybelle21
    lucybelle21 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Once per week is what I am making myself stick to - on Saturday mornings, too. If I wait til Monday morning than I run the risk of seeing the results of a weekend gone wrong!
  • RunFatGuyRun
    RunFatGuyRun Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every Sunday morning. I do monitor during the week, but my weight does flucuate based on time and how much water I've had to drink durning the day.
  • getfitsam2910
    Options
    About every two days