Does you weigh yourself every day or just once a week?

Options

Replies

• MrsFolk
    MrsFolk Posts: 205
    Options
    Every morning, first thing. But I only log the Monday morning weight. The other days are just to see if a trend up or down is developing.

Same here but I only log one day. I like to see how different foods and water intake affect my weight.
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Each and every morning :)
  • MandyMcAwesome
    MandyMcAwesome Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Just every week. I try not to live by that thing.
  • vibrantval
    vibrantval Posts: 46
    Options
    I was becoming scale obsessed so I started weighing in the 1st of every month!

Just find what works for you hun! :smile:
  • gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself way too much! But I usually only count my Wednesday weigh in. :)

Me too, but my "official" day is Sunday
  • vibrantval
    vibrantval Posts: 46
    Options
    I weigh myself daily before I have eaten, but only if I have pooped.

^this is me on weigh days :)
  • lily_bell
    lily_bell Posts: 8
    Options
    I only weigh myself once a week. If I were to check everyday I would go crazy.
  • LizAWDavis
    LizAWDavis Posts: 45
    Options
    Every single day! I may not like the number but at least i know!!
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily upon awaking before eating or drinking but after a good morning pooh.:drinker:
    And I record any gains the instant I enter a newer, lower number.
    EXAMPLE: If I was 199.9, then saw my weight creeping down day after day, I would not record a new weight on MFP until that scale said 198.9.
    And I record 198....and so on....
    Makes it more fun for me, but some people who stress out over the scale would go insane doing this.
    I get it.
    To each his own.
    I also track progress with bodyfat. Weight is not the whole picture, and the scale can lie as badly as the man in the mirror.
    You can check here for free: http://www.scientificpsychic.com/fitness/diet.html
    Something else to obsess over? Not al all.
    Remember, you rule the numbers - not the other way around.
    Have a great day!
  • I weight myself everyday. I want the most information possible about how I'm doing, what works, and what doesn't work. The argument for not weighing yourself every day is that there are so many fluctuations day to day that you can make yourself crazy. My view is that if I'm only weighing once a week, how do a I know if that day is out of whack due to some daily fluctuation? I'd rather know what's going on every day.

^Me too and for the same reason! It actually keeps my sanity to know my fluctuations :)
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I do once a week on Saturday mornings before having breakfast. I know my body weight fluctuates throughout the day and there's no reason for me to do it every single day or else I'll make myself crazy and focus only on the number. These changes are more than the number for me. It's physical and mental.
  • greatday55
    Options
    MFP and experts in wt. loss advise one time per week, on same day, at same time. This is because our weight fluctuates throughout the day, everyday. Therefore, once per week is more accurate.
  • MrsSorenson
    MrsSorenson Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I weight daily to keep myself in check. I log and then delete my post. It it cool for me to see how I fluctuate so I don't get so down on myself if I'm up a little one week. I COUNT the weight that I'm at on Wednesday's as my weigh day. It works for me, but may not work for you. That is just how I've been doing it. :) Plus I can never wait to see lol
  • _beautiful_disaster_
    Options
    every 2 weeks, on tuesdays, when i wake up.
  • escalada22
    escalada22 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I weight myself every day, but only log my Wed. weigh in's.
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I weight myself everyday. I want the most information possible about how I'm doing, what works, and what doesn't work. The argument for not weighing yourself every day is that there are so many fluctuations day to day that you can make yourself crazy. My view is that if I'm only weighing once a week, how do a I know if that day is out of whack due to some daily fluctuation? I'd rather know what's going on every day.

^Me too and for the same reason! It actually keeps my sanity to know my fluctuations :)

Interesting because that's my reason. It's a good idea to know your fluctuations, but I can't do that or else I will obsess.
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    everyday, but the best thing to do is weigh everyday for 7 days, add them up, and divide by 7.

Good idea!

I weigh every day, first thing in the morning, but hadn't thought of averaging it. However, I don't worry about gaining the odd pound, and like to look at the pattern over the month. If there's a downward trend, that's fine.
  • delaney056
    delaney056 Posts: 475
    Options
    I weigh myself every few days, so that I don't become obsessed :P
  • cobaltis
    cobaltis Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily, when I am trying to lose weight I compare the new lows only, I get a good sense out of how everything effects me this way! If I eat too much or bad food it encourages me to run more etc to make up for it. Everyone is different though!
  • GeorgieLove708
    GeorgieLove708 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself probably 5-6 days out of the week. I'm not obsessed with the numbers or anything, but I have a lot to lose and it's still coming off quickly, so seeing the day-to-day changes is a great mood booster and motivator. Once the weight starts coming off slower, I'm only going to weigh myself once a week. Currently its helping me to keep going and be happy for the positive changes I'm finally making for myself.