Healthy, SIMPLE, satisfying snacks???

Options

Replies

• Bookchick887
    Bookchick887 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hungry girl website has some great snack ideas. I portion out baggies ahead and just grab one. I know it's going to be 100 cals. One combo has mini marshmallows, reeces pieces and mini choc chips. This link has more than 30 ideas.

http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/1045
  • AmberMahfouz
    AmberMahfouz Posts: 316
    Options
    I wanted to tell you that at Walmart and Sams and some Albertsons and Krogers you can buy Apple Straws, and Veggie Straws. These are like Air Dried straws that are apple flavored or veggie flavored.

The apple flavored are awesome for sweet craving. You can have like 30 for like 115 cals or something like that. I like to dip the Veggie ones in salsa, instead of chips.
  • rebeccasmom219
    Options
    Is popcorn considered a healthly snack. Always wondered. I used to eat it with my old diet before having my son.
  • MaryRegs
    MaryRegs Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Gensoy Soy Crisps...my fave flavor is Deep Sea Salt!!
  • biged335
    biged335 Posts: 734
    Options
    Popcorn
    Soy Nuts
    Almonds
    Walnuts
    Cucumbers & hummus
    Bacon... Just kidding wanted to see if you were reading..
    Carrotts
    Greek Yogurt
    Tuna in water
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    If you're looking for low-cal stuff you can eat mindlessly, carrots and celery are always a good pick. If you want something nutritious you will need to carefully portion, trail mix is a good way to get some healthy fats and proteins.
  • StrongerJess
    StrongerJess Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Is popcorn considered a healthly snack. Always wondered. I used to eat it with my old diet before having my son.

Air popped popcorn is a whole grain and is healthy. The problem is what people put on popcorn like oil, salt, butter, etc. Some microwave popcorns have trans fats in them too. But, if you air pop it, it's a great snack. I have to be careful with popcorn because I tend to eat too much of it mindlessly.
  • starla5881
    starla5881 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I like steamed, shelled edamame sprinkled with a bit of sea salt. Lots of protein, lots of fiber, and very satisfying. 120 calories in 1/2 cup.
    Edited to adjust calories.
  • Cblackburn221
    Cblackburn221 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    As long as it isn't buttered and you can control your portions should be fine.
  • WaxMama
    WaxMama Posts: 369 Member
    Options
  • eig6
    eig6 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Almonds-blue diamond has ones that are flavored the same way chips are like bbq, salt&vinegar, etc. I also love cucumber with lime and salt, it sounds weird but its good. Also, I really enjoy flavored nori, they sell it at Safeway and online- wasabi is my favorite.
  • Angiehanzen1013
    Angiehanzen1013 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    BUMP for later! I LOVE THE LISTS:) Will end up taking this grocery shopping with me;)
  • acting101girl
    Options
    Bagel thin (110 cals)
    Laughing cow cream cheese (45 cals)
    A great satisfying snack;)
  • dotti1121
    dotti1121 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    but I'm much more interested in salty things. One thing I love is garbanzo beans (chick peas) roasted with garlic and a little bit of salt. They get crispy and brown on the outside and are still a little soft on the inside.

LOVE these! I use red cayenne pepper on mine! ;)
  • dotti1121
    dotti1121 Posts: 751 Member
    Options

Air-popped popcorn is a VERY healthy snack....
  • xerotolerance
    Options
    veggies with a yogurt/cilantro dip (google for clean recipe :] )
    watermelon chunks
    spinach & arugula salad with sliced strawberries and nuts or seeds of your choice (light dressing or just lemon)
    frozen dark berries heated up in the microwave
    1/2 cup frozen peaches + 1 cup water in a saucepan (med-high heat) till the water softens the peaches and it reduces, add cinnamon and stevia for a yummy cobbler taste
    egg whites with veggies and salsa
    sliced raw almonds with any fruit
    banana slices rolled in cocoa powder with coconut flakes on top
    cottage cheese with blueberries and sweetener of your choice
    hardboiled eggs and fruit/nuts
    sliced red, yellow,green or orange peppers & hummus (or dip of your choice)

&the list goes on! definitely get creative with it :)
  • mamaomefo
    mamaomefo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Wasa crispbreads
  • pagingdoctork
    pagingdoctork Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Seconding edamame for sure.

Other ideas: roasted seaweed with brown rice, healthy choice soup (1/2 can) with carrots, Kim's magic pops spread with nutella, apple slices with peanut butter, a smoothie made from frozen fruit (any kind!) and water (plus low fat yogurt if you want it thicker/richer)
  • blasiansrus
    blasiansrus Posts: 151
    Options
    -apples, bananas, celery, baby carrots, pears, or asian pears with peanut/almond/coconut/whatever other kind of nut butter
    -any of ^^^those by themselves
    -watermelon
    -honeydew melon
    -cantaloupe
    -air popped popcorn
    -wheat thins
    -a pb&j on a bagel thin
    -bagel thins with low fat cream cheese
    -yogurt
    -cottage cheese w/pineapples or any berries
    -dry roasted edamame
  • vgailj
    vgailj Posts: 4
    Options
    but I'm much more interested in salty things. One thing I love is garbanzo beans (chick peas) roasted with garlic and a little bit of salt. They get crispy and brown on the outside and are still a little soft on the inside.

LOVE these! I use red cayenne pepper on mine! ;)

Have to try that!