What were you like in High School???

Options

Replies

• Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    In high school i was more into my classes and my sports. I had a great group of friends and knew everyone...lol...it was a small high school.

i wasn't popular but i wasn't unpopular either.

i marched to the beat of my own drum....how many track athletes did you know with spiky purple hair?
  • akoivisto
    akoivisto Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Starting in Football, and Hockey; All Conference in Football to boot. Strangely didn't really hang out with my teamates, I blame it on the d-baggery you learn about people in the locker room. Best friends were those in the 'smart' crowd, we were all decent people; and I was probably the shyest out of them; hell, started sweating bullets if any of the females even looked at me. I was on the straight and narrow all my high school life; and I'll have no exciting stories to tell my childern about when the time comes.

"What did you do in HS Dad?"

"Hung out... played Nintendo."
  • Krizzo87
    Krizzo87 Posts: 14,186 Member
    Options
    394674_328267953860728_1243296126_n.jpg

Dunno if this'll work...but yea, that's me in h.s.
  • riouxha
    riouxha Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    I was the same, outgoing, blunt, and sometimes too-honest person. got me in a lot of trouble with teachers, and made me realize very quickly that i prefer the company of male friends, with a few exceptions of two of my best friends since pre-school.
  • RainaWalks
    RainaWalks Posts: 72
    Options
    but for my picture in the yearbook nobody knew i was there....

still the same.....sucks to be me sometimes....
  • mevalentina
    mevalentina Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I used to get high all the time in school.. oh wait nevermind I totally mis-read the question :smokin:

Actually I was the really nice sweet loveable girl that had lots of friends partied all weekend, but always got A's and B's.. :happy:
  • stephc0711
    stephc0711 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Mostly, a quiet band geek. I played about 4 or 5 instruments, sang in choir and show choir, and was in Drama Club. I also took Fire Fighting/ EMT classes, and did track.
  • 2muchsauce
    2muchsauce Posts: 1,078
    Options
    I played football, basketball, and baseball. Usually the class clown. Loved to make people laugh. Had thorough knowledge of the inside of the principals office ......where we usually talked about the next football game:)

I had a teacher tell me at graduation that "there is a set of rules for everyone in school...............and then there was a set of rules for you...............I don't know how you got away with it!"
  • JuneBPrice
    JuneBPrice Posts: 294
    Options
    I don't think I've been out of high school long enough to have much clarity on the issue, but if anything I'd say I was invisible in high school.
  • LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I played football, basketball, and baseball. Usually the class clown. Loved to make people laugh. Had thorough knowledge of the inside of the principals office ......where we usually talked about the next football game:)

I had a teacher tell me at graduation that "there is a set of rules for everyone in school...............and then there was a set of rules for you...............I don't know how you got away with it!"

Being a good ball player will do that for you....

I remember 3 of us sitting in the Athletic Directors office until we finished a book report that was the assignment for the week in that class. You had to stay eligible on a week/week basis. Not having that done on time would have screwed us. LOL I remember watching game film in class too.
    What ****ery we were allowed to get away with LOL
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    The first two years I was the typical overachiever. Honors student. Played soccer and volleyball. Dated the football player. Popular kids liked me but I didnt think I was popular.
    Last two years.... I became a wild child. Started hanging with the artsy kids. Parties. Drinking and drugs. I still managed to keep my grades up though.
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    i was always with my boyfriend, and he was always the 'bad boy' type. getting expelled and in fights. other then that, i was pretty much the same. i could talk to anyone, but i wouldnt want to. mainly kept to myself and had a few best friends. i never remember picking on anyone, and even remember standing up for the school psyco one time and yelled at a group of cheerleaders who were making her life hell. i can think of 7 people that i talked to daily mainly during lunch and break. i was a geek, and was in the stoner group. wasnt in any clubs, and took family and consumer education classes most of the time. i would skip every chance i got, but did it the 'right' way by getting called in. never got in trouble, and got straight a's. i have a temper if you messed with my best friend since we were 3. (she was small and muuuuuch shyer then me) and my last year there got into a huggge fight (best friend slept with my boyfriend) and decided to go to a different highschool.

now in college. got in a huge ordeal first semester with a totttaalll stalker creep. got labled a 'bully' stood up to a professor who labled me that infront of the whole class. i named off every creepy thing the stalked did and the teacher said she was sorry. i keep all the same professors, so i feel like i got off on the wronggggg foooot. i keep totally to myself, but now talk in class much more. still getting straight a's and skipping when ever i want to.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Fat, nerdy, and bruised from being beat up by all the kids who were not fat and nerdy.

In the intervening 30 years, I've managed to do something about the "fat" and leveraged the "nerdy" into a good-paying job.
  • _skittybang
    _skittybang Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    I was friends with a majority of the class but never belonged to any clique or group. I was strange. I joked a lot. I dressed up in strange costumes (not on halloween.) I was an honor student. I was an athlete. I think for the most part people tolerated me but I had a damn good time and am happy with the person I was; even if I was going to the beat of my own drum. :bigsmile:
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Pretty much the same as I am now....except much wiser!

AT SCHOOL I was well liked by the teachers, mostly b/c I didn't cause them much grief and always got good grades. I knew most the gossip b/c I didn't spread it so kids always talked openly in front of me.
    I wasn't part of any one crowd exactly.
    Then, like now, I didn't care if people didn't like me for what I had to say and I refused to stand by and watch kids get picked on for no reason.

OUTSIDE of school I was NAUGHTY! Drank a lot, partied a lot. Hung out with older boys....everything in excess.

No one knew but I was pretty much living a double life my junior and senior years.
    Totally messed up

I would NEVER go back to the teen years hahahaha
    Feel like I'm a fine wine, getting better with age
  • OnMyWeigh464
    OnMyWeigh464 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151805156040576&l=86c10467b1

Not sure if that link will work...If not I'll do it when I get home, as I'm at the public library.

Anyway, I was pretty skinny in high school. And I was okay looking. I was a loner...didn't really fit in with the "cool" crowd so I hung out with the "loner" crowd that nobody liked and got picked on for that...yay high school drama!
  • focus4fitness
    focus4fitness Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I was actually a rocker girl who shaved the side of my head, smoked with the girls and skipped classes with the boys lol I thought I was pretty tough stuff. :blushing:
  • rmhep
    rmhep Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I grew up in a really small town in Northern California. In HS I was voted "Most Likely to Cruise the School" in my senior yearbook. I think it was because I was the only girl with an old loud MOPAR (flame red 1965 Dodge Dart GT) and took auto shop. I hung out and partied with the cool kids but was considered more of a class clown. I smoked way too much weed yet was in honors classes and remained on honor roll graduating in the top of my class. I played soccer, softball, and ditched school quite a bit. Hung out at the local coffee shop and hung out and partied with people that were older who we referred to as "coffee creepers." Everyone knew my older brother who was pretty much the all-American jock ladies man and my Dad was also pretty well-known, he coached football and was a mean Vietnam biker type. Needless to say, guys in my school never asked me out, I was always in the friend-zone, and I graduated a virgin which was probably the best thing for me. After I moved away for college I really figured out who I was and who I wanted to be. My only regret would have been to have taken HS more seriously... I probably would have received scholarships.
  • tasiamere
    tasiamere Posts: 233
    Options
    I was just me in HS. I hated the cheerleaders and joined their team to outshine them in jumps, cheers etc just because I felt like they needed a reality check. I hung out with whoever was what I called a "cool a** person" was not limited to nerds, jocks, hippies, stoners, and every other cliche clique there is in HS. I defended the kids getting picked on and shined light on the insecurities of the "COOL KIDS" I was a combo of feared and respected because I didn't take anything from anyone including but not limited to parents, teachers or our principle whom I embarrassed in front of the entire school and superintendent when he thought he would talk to me any any kind of way. I was "badass" the way everyone tells it. I was just me the way I see it. Nothing has changed...lol
  • CountryDevil
    CountryDevil Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Pretty much all through High school I was that nice guy that everyone liked but still got picked on by the "cool kids". I was very shy and introverted at the same time. I am none of those things today. I am far from shy and very outgoing now. And everyone still likes me....i think... ;)