Vanity Sizing - Who are the worst offenders?

Options

Replies

• MuffRuff
    MuffRuff Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    A lot of Old Navy clothing, Target clothing, especially the Converse One Star brand, Dockers, and Talbots.
  • GabrielleZelda
    GabrielleZelda Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Oh, of course! I see what you mean now.

I personally think Old Navy is the biggest offender.
    I'm normally a size 8 jean on the bottom. BUT when I was a size 12ish, I had to buy a size 6 skirt and even then it was loose... maybe it was that article of clothing specifically, but I mean a 6 size difference is enormous!
  • Hayesgang
    Hayesgang Posts: 624
    Options
    Most clothes that are sized by waist measurements are true to size.
  • GabrielleZelda
    GabrielleZelda Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    On the flipside - I worked at American Apparel for a while and they do the exact opposite!

I am a 6top 8bottom but I was always the BIGGEST size in the store. We put on little fashion shows now and again and they had the gall to tell me I had to lose 15 pounds if I really wanted to maintain an appealing image for the company. Psh
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Old Navy ~ I'm a 2-4 (Thanks but not true)

I love my Joe's Jeans, True Religion and 7 for all mankind for keepin it real!!

On the same note, I am curious if Miss Me jeans run big or true to size.

Ohhh I love Miss Me jeans... kinda $$$ but soooooooooo cute!!!
    Too afraid to try them on though. I was worried that the tighs might run small.
  • Skinny_Jeans_Soon
    Skinny_Jeans_Soon Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    The thights don't run small on Miss Mes, I don't think they run small at all to be honest. I was curious what others thought.
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    This is why i wear size 18 shoes......you know what they say about big feet....
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    NIKE!!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Express and Pink by Victoria's Secret.
  • HLeAnn
    HLeAnn Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    American Eagle. I am a 7 there, everywhere else, an 8 or 9.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Chicos--no one wears more than a 3

I was going to say Chicos, too! I wear their size 00 or 000... and I am not a tiny woman, but I am the smallest size for which they make clothes. I wear a size 6 most other places. LOL
  • wyllaya
    wyllaya Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Costco is the other way around.....you have to bump your size by 4
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I have moved in 14 - 18 depending on manufacturer for slacks... but I have a pair of linen slacks that I bought some 20 years ago and never got the chance to wear - the tags were still on them and I refused to get rid of them... they are 18T... yeah, I have to SUCK it in to keep from popping the button on these... (still wearing them though!)

But - when I got married 17 years ago, I went to David's Bridal knowing I was a 12 in most clothes... I had to buy an 18 wedding gown. Any place where there SHOULD be vanity sizing should be in wedding gowns! Gee!
  • booyainyoface
    booyainyoface Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    gap! i wear a six, and small or XS in their shirts---- hahaha!
  • sun33082
    sun33082 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    For once I feel sorry for the small girls. What are they going to wear if the 0's keep getting bigger? Of course now I see someone said something about a 000?

What's that about? lol
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Pink by Victoria Secret.

SERIOUSLY! I have a shirt from there that's a size Small---that I bought at my heaviest of 170lbs. No WAY I was a real size small!

Oh and Old Navy makes me feel like a skinny *kitten*, I usually wear a size smaller there than anywhere else.
  • Octopies
    Octopies Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Old Navy has some pretty bad vanity sizing- I'm a 2x pretty much every where else but at Old Navy I'm a 1x, and sometimes even a Large!
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    Chicos--no one wears more than a 3

This^^^^. My mom LOVES Chicos LOL!
  • _SpeshK_
    _SpeshK_ Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Old Navy! Sometimes I can fit a Medium, yuhhh riiiight
  • trm981
    trm981 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    For sure Gap and Old Navy. I see a lot of other people agree with that!

I tried on size 2 pants from Gap this weekend and they fit, and actually were a little big on me. I'm 5'4 and 130 pounds. Its just ridiculous. I wear a size 7 in Juniors or a loose 6/tight 4 in Misses (I'm in the middle right now). I sure as hell don't wear a size 2, or 0! Vanity sizing is stupid.