Annoying statements made about area of residence

Options

Replies

• lifesazoo
    lifesazoo Posts: 118
    Options
    I'm from Kentucky. No I don't have an accent, and no I'm not a total redneck who married my cousin.

He's not my first cousin, anyway...
  • strawberriekt24
    strawberriekt24 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm from Oregon. And not from Portland.

Once when I was donating blood here in Vegas, I had the lady look at my driver's license and say, "Oregon huh? Is it true they have great weed?"

Um, I wouldn't know?
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Everyone from MA is a Masshole.... Ok.. so, maybe this one has a bit of truth.. I am a Masshole relocated to NH lol

I've never heard this and I live in Mass....

I was guilty last week of asking someone from California, "Have you met a lot of famous people?" :embarassed:

Hey I used to vacation in LA every year and I saw tons of famous people. I think it's a fair question. :smile:
  • FATBOYBGONE
    FATBOYBGONE Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Do you own cattle? Do you own an oil well? Do you wear boots? Do you wear a cowboy hat? Do you own a six shooter?

Questions put forth to this Texan. Answers: NO, NO, NO, HELL NO, and no comment.:smokin:
  • khagador
    khagador Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Pennsylvania, a couple miles west of Philly...

Why do you guys hate Santa Claus?
  • sshook990
    sshook990 Posts: 284
    Options

Try being from NJ... no I don't know Snooki

From PA...NJ can keep Snooki! LOL :laugh:

im from pa too and i hate its dutch country.....No it really isnt there is alot of amish but last i checked they are amish not Dutch (i know they are considered pennsylvania dutch but its not the same!!!!!) where im from we call them amish and i think the movie kingpin all called them amish (BTW they are super nice people and not at all weird!!!!.....for the most part....but hey im weird to them!)
    I'm part PA Dutch and I'm from Jersey lol...my grandmom was PA Dutch

its ok it was just a joke lol i like everyone...
  • Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I'm from Cleveland...enough said.
    Cleveland is actually a beautiful city!! But winters are a biiiiotch.

And no, every bar does not play polka music on Friday and Saturday nights.
    We are not all Polish and unemployed.

Yes, we ARE tough to make it through the harsh winters here--we're hearty folks here.
  • NikkiLS28
    NikkiLS28 Posts: 43
    Options
    I'm from Michigan, and yes I really do use my hand to explain where I live :)
  • Drenched_N_Motivation
    Drenched_N_Motivation Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    You're from San Diego? Do you surf? No I dont fuc*ing surf!
  • Fairy_Farts
    Fairy_Farts Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I'm from Oregon. And not from Portland.

Once when I was donating blood here in Vegas, I had the lady look at my driver's license and say, "Oregon huh? Is it true they have great weed?"

Um, I wouldn't know?

Yeah, like all of us are from Eugene. Right? Haha!

Also, we don't ALL wear Birkenstocks and actually hug trees.

We know if you're not from Oregon when you can't pronounce it correctly.

We also know if your from Washington if you drive too slow! Ha!
  • mcw1976
    mcw1976 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You're from Chicago ..... Are you part of the mafia? Did you know Capone?

My answer No and No I am not that old!
  • JuneBPrice
    JuneBPrice Posts: 294
    Options
    "Delaware, cool...what state is that in?"
  • jadedzen
    jadedzen Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I am from Alberta, Canada; I'm not a lumberjack, or a fur trader, and I don't live in an igloo or eat blubber, or own a dog sled, and I don't know Jimmy, Sally or Suzy from Canada, although I'm certain they're really, really nice.

:wink:

you win lol
  • kathym42
    kathym42 Posts: 26
    Options
    Oh, you live in the desert? It's 115 degrees? But it's a dry heat...

Yeah, just like turning my blow dryer on full blast in my face is a dry heat...
    Someone said that to me just the other day...and I laughed and said 115 is hot no matter what. And when friends visit, and see a jacket in the closet..they want to know why? You live in the desert? Well duh but 50 or 60 is still cold hahahha.
  • gatecityradio
    Options
    I'm from NC, people ask me if everyone here are a racist homophobes.
  • Misslisat
    Misslisat Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    "You're from Minnesota? You don't sound like the movie Fargo!"

No, no one sounds like that unless they are from the WAY north.

I get this one all the time and I'm from Wisconsin! Only Southern people say that I DO sound like the movie Fargo! Grrr
  • deb_rn
    deb_rn Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'm from WV....

No, one on my legs isn't shorter from standing on the side of the hills.....I do have my own teeth.....I never dated a family member!!
  • docb111
    docb111 Posts: 1
    Options
    An oven is dry heat too - that doesn't mean I stick my head in it! (At least not willingly...) 115 is hot even for us Phoenicians!
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Try being from Phoenix. Everybody says, "Oh, but the summers aren't too bad, right? It's a dry heat." Yes, a dry heat that makes you feel like you're being cooked in a freaking oven, thank you very much. :explode:

Stop comparing your stupid 90-degree/high-humidity summers to our 115 temperatures, okay? There is no comparison. Period. :grumble:

I've been to Phoenix... it's so freakin hot there they moisten you as you come out of public buildings. lol
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    No, not everyone in Alabama is a redneck. :angry: : Some of us are quite educated! :tongue: