Did weight loss take a long time for you?

Options
torpina
torpina Posts: 24 Member
Hi out there! Wondering if there are people who didn't lose weight for a good amount of time and then eventually it happened. If so, please share your stories (and pics too as it is always so nice to see).

Replies

• pammyedmunds
    pammyedmunds Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Its taken me 2 years to loose 54lbs... the way I see there is no rush. If you loose weight to quickly you will have all that excess skin. Thats gross
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Its not a race, its your life. Change the lifestyle and the the physical changes will come. :)
  • torpina
    torpina Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Congrats! And so true! Thanks for the reply.
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    It took 2 years for me - averaging .7 lbs per week.
    432360_353410994699711_1064828290_n.jpg
  • ChapinaGrande
    ChapinaGrande Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I have been exercising like a fiend and watching my calorie intake since April 8 and I have lost a total of... wait for it... ZERO POUNDS. I could barf with disappointment. On the other hand, I have noticed improvements in my overall health and well-being as well as several inches off my hips and waist, so I'm only in partial despair.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    it took me 3 months to lose the first 7 pounds, then I tweaked my macros and lost 14 pounds in 2 months. you can look through my profile for pics of the transformation.
  • workoutgirl23
    Options
    Ok. After i had my 2nd child, i couldn't lose the weight. i was like 30 pounds over weight, for about a whole year after my child was born. the scale would never budge. and it was so frustrating. then i started using this site. i went on a low calorie diet, and exercised a lot, and bam, the scale dropped 3 pounds in the first week i started dieting. i was so happy. now, its been almost 3 months since i've been on this site and dieting. and i've already lost 22 pounds.

you can do it. just takes determination and willpower.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    I have been averaging just a little less than a pound per week. I was trying to maximizes muscle retention while losing body fat. Just because the scale is moving does not always mean its good weight loss.
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Yes, but mostly because I don't always have the best self control when eating :grumble: But I have improved drastically from last year.
  • kayakinggrrl
    kayakinggrrl Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    After a discouraging week where I did everything right (exercise, lots of veggies, tracked food, stayed within calorie limit) but didn't see the scale budge, these posts about slow but very successful weight loss are so encouraging.
  • JalonTicara
    Options
    Not for me. 2.5 months and im down 47lbs! :-)
  • Run4UrHealth
    Run4UrHealth Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I have lost 34lbs in 6 months! Slow is the way to go! :)
  • MrsKearns
    MrsKearns Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Its taken me 6 months to lose 40 averging 1.5lbs a week.. I want to lose the next 40 in the next 5 months. But I realise that is a hefty goal since the closer you get to GW the harder it is to lose.
  • jlong7774
    jlong7774 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Yes be patient. It does takes time and don't be surprised if you plateau for awhile. Hang in there because it is worth it, or I keep telling myself it is worth it.
  • camelgirlmn
    camelgirlmn Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I have lost 35 pounds in 4 months. :) Slowly but surely, losing it as well as the excess skin!!!
  • ravenribbs
    ravenribbs Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I've lost 24 pounds in 3 months. For the past 2 weeks, the scale hasn't budged. I'm disappointed but not discouraged. A hard look at the past 2 weeks' habits shows a wee slackening diet-wise, so I get a kick in the pants from myself. Not to mention a self-reminder that I've been doing very well for many weeks. Ya just can't rush greatness!!:ohwell:
  • wolfi622
    wolfi622 Posts: 206
    Options
    35 pounds in 6 months (185 to 150, which is 5 pounds below my goal). Targeted 1500 calorie a day for about 5 months of it, with weights and cardio. Maintenance now targeting about 2000 calories a day with weights and cardio.
  • sunnyshine1313
    sunnyshine1313 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I have been at it for about 9 weeks, and have lost 25 pounds. Have had bad days but have had really good days 80% of the time. Wish it would go super fast, but I know it's going to take time. I totally changed how I ate, and don't eat late at night like I used to, and go to the gym about 5 times a week.

One more thing...the weight you lose depends on where you are starting from as well, heavier you lose faster, when you get closer to goal will slow down, from what I have read.
  • LaurieLynnMiller
    Options
    I've noticed this about myself... I will go 2 weeks without any loss then I'll drop 3 or 4 pounds seemingly over night. Then, the cycle starts over. I think it's always been that way with me. I just remind myself to be patient. And, eventually, I do lose.
  • lyntuc0103
    lyntuc0103 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I believe it is going to be a long long road for me! I am determined to make it happen. A few years ago when I visited my Drs. office the scales weighed me at 315 lbs. I was totally humiliated and had no idea those scales were going to tip. I thought about how I needed to change my ways of eating and lifestyle. I can't even believe I ever let myself get to that point. Anyways, I lost 17 lbs at first quickly and kept it all off. After that the weight just stayed there in one spot. I decided not to worry about it for a while and just work on changing my eating habits one by one. I lost inches before I did weight for a while. I went down 2 sizes approximately. Now I am finally at 276 lbs. I have lost 22lbs since the beginning of this year. I have lost a total of 39 lbs all together! It is very difficult to lose weight and keep it off. Hang in there and it will eventually happen. Just don't give up! It certainly takes a whole lot of time and patience. My first goal it to break the 200 mark!! I will do the happy dance once I make it to this point. Then, I will go from there as to how much more I think I need to lose. Best of luck to you! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!