No More Excuses- Week 4

Options

Replies

• tigermom79
    Options
    Okay,,,,,,embarassing moment time!!!! Went to curves tonight....Felt a little weird and seemed to get my heart rate up really quick. Well.....finishedthe circut and thought I was going to pass out when I went to stretch. Got everything under control but they had to get me some juice and crackers. EGADS.....I was so glad the place was not packed with ladies. After a couple of minutes felt fine and finished my stretching. Dawned on me......that my calories were probably a little low as I didn't eat too much for lunch and then no snack. Now I already have some granola bars in my workout bag so I can have one on my way to the place. Never want that to happen again!!!!

Other than that seemed to have had a great day. On to the week-end!!!
  • cah0806
    cah0806 Posts: 112
    Options
    Oh my...I hope you are feeling better. Don't feel too embarassed...I am sure it happens more often than you think. Just keep up the hard work.
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    You know since I cut out drinking the Coke that happens to me too. I have to make sure that I eat to keep my blood sugar stable. Glad you are okay!! :flowerforyou:
  • justjack51
    justjack51 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    No biggest loser award for me this week. I had a great start down 2 lbs by Monday, I had a couple bad food days (ok on Calories, but way over on Sat Fat and Sodium) on Tues/Thurs, and by Thursday I was behind where I had started the week.

Today I got one of those pounds back, but it looks like my weekly number will be less than a pound of weight loss. A disappointment from my previous 2 weeks of nearly 4 pounds of weight loss each.

Oh well, we shalll see what next week will bring.
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Just Jack; Don't get discouraged. I have found that the loss will really fluxuate from week to week even if you do the exact same things. keep positive and stay on course and I bet you will see the results. Good luck!
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Just Jack, I think it has been a hard week for most of us on here. Don't get discouraged and remember we are in this for the long haul to get healthier!
  • amaline
    Options
    Hey Everyone!

Well, it was definitely a tough week for everyone. I was really good until I went all CookieMonsterCrazy on Thus and just wanted to eat EVERYTHING in sight. No idea why. I kept it under control as much as I could but still ended up way over cals on Thursday and Friday. I am so annoyed at myself :explode: On the positive side I have been really good with exercise! Have done C25K 3 times this week + tae bo + an hour of basketball + riding my bike to work every day + most of the sit ups/toe touches/side lifts.

I'm reaaaally hoping the scale will move this week as I am starting to get a little discouraged. I am enjoying feeling a lot healthier and fitter though so I guess that is the main thing and I need to stay focused on that and just keep up the healthy lifestyle.

I like the idea of a challenge and reward next week. My challenge is going to be to stay within my calories EVERY DAY starting today. I always seem to have one or two bad days but not next week oh no! My reward is going to be to buy a nice new summer dress to wear when I go home! I have been to the grocery store and stacked up on fresh fruits and veges and am going to plan my meals so I don't blow out again.

I hope everyone is having a lovely weekend after your tough weeks. You guys all inspire me with your positive attitudes and your determination to keep going through all your challenges! Our team rocks! :glasses:
  • littlebigbird
    Options
    Hi everyone. Blimey, what a week it seems to have been for everyone. I've just caught up on all of your posts. I've had the most hectic week imaginable . .. my students all had their exams, my younger little treasure needed running around a lot because she's preparing for a big cello exam, a concert and an assessed drama performance at school, we've had visitors twice during the week . . . . phew. I'm just glad it's the weekend and I'm about to go Christmas shopping with both of my daughters which promises to be a lot of fun.

I've been over on my calories a few days this week, but I'm very proud of the fact that I've been on the treadmill every single day - and yesterday I did a whole hour. Don't get me wrong - I don't do much running - mainly medium speed uphill walking, but I was completely knackered (sorry - is that a Brit expression? - it means exhausted) by the end of an hour!! I had a sneaky peek at the scales and I think I might have managed to lose a little bit this week. I'll let you know tomorrow.

Whatever time zone you're in, I hope you're having a lovely weekend.
  • kdsmith
    kdsmith Posts: 250
    Options
    Okay,,,,,,embarassing moment time!!!! Went to curves tonight....Felt a little weird and seemed to get my heart rate up really quick. Well.....finishedthe circut and thought I was going to pass out when I went to stretch. Got everything under control but they had to get me some juice and crackers. EGADS.....I was so glad the place was not packed with ladies. After a couple of minutes felt fine and finished my stretching. Dawned on me......that my calories were probably a little low as I didn't eat too much for lunch and then no snack. Now I already have some granola bars in my workout bag so I can have one on my way to the place. Never want that to happen again!!!!

Other than that seemed to have had a great day. On to the week-end!!!

I have felt that way too, especially if I do an early morning workout. I find that it happens when I do not drink enough water so I am actually dehydrated prior to starting out.
    xx Kim
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Hi all! WOW....what a day. I have been so busy, didn't even stop to eat lunch. oops!!! Trev's bb tourney didn't turn out so hot for the team, but they seemed to have a good time so that is important. Then came homeand got all of my Christmas up! That was a chore. The oldest at home still carted it all in for me, and had the tree up before I got home. Then he was on a roll and did the whole outside!!!!! I was really grateful for this as i didn't want to deal with that!

I guess we will see how our weeks really turned out in the morning. Hopefully we will have a better weigh in than most of us are thinking we will:grumble:

I'm about off to bed, so everyone have a restful night!
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Tomorrow is coming and to be honest I am scared. I think I have had a lousy week and I am afraid I may have even gained. On the up side I ate better this week, than I have before I started this. I have made progress.
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Alright team - not much new to post here but wanted to check in!! I am still dealing with back issues so my exercise has now been changed to stretch for about 30 min in the morning and 15 or so at night.. nothing too exciting. Next week I will add LOW low low impact to my routine to slowly ease back into exercise. Pray my back mends 100% in the next week or so... my upcoming training depends on it!! Stress!

Okay so maintaining weight so far.. tomorrow's weigh in will be the tell all but looks good so far (today did go to Red Lobster so unsure -- man they pack calories in a meal -- even if it is grilled and veggies still HIGH).

Think happy thoughts and I like the challenge yourself, challenge!
  • running_girl_84
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone!

Weigh in this morning 160.4lbs. Last week: 163.0lbs. So overall it was a decent week despite going over on my calories FOUR days. I guess my exercise really does play a big part in my weightloss. I'm a bit disappointed since I was 160.8lbs on Tuesday (I think) so I haven't really lost anything in 5 days. Ah well.

Goals for next week:
    lose 1lbs
    run 30 miles
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    I have weighed myself 15 times this morning and the scale says the same thing over and over and over again. I WEIGH 158.5!!!!!!! That is in the 150s. I lost two pounds!! I am so happy, maybe my body just needed a week to cool down and chill.

My goal next week is to lose 1 pound and halfway to my goal weight. This is the goal I sat for the end of December so I am thrilled!
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday everyone...It frosted here last night and looked very pretty this morning. We don't get much snow. I finally lost 2 pounds, yeah! I told Amanda it took me 2 weeks to lose it but I bet I could gain it back in 2 hours, sad huh? I am still enjoying all of the foods that I did before, just smaller portions, and I'm trying to exercise 5 times a week. I feel much better so that is a plus. I hope you all have a good weigh-in today. I keep trying to tell myself that it took me 2 years to gain this weight back so I shouldn't expect to lose it in 2 months. Patience is not my strong point. Off to church this morning and then I have to work about 8 hours. I put it all off until today. I'm like Garfield, why do today what you can put off until tomorrow? Have a wonderful day.
  • tigermom79
    Options
    I am in the same boat.....Patience is not my virtue either so I have a hard time when things do not happen as fast as I think it should. Congrats on your loss!!!
  • tigermom79
    Options
    I have weighed myself 15 times this morning and the scale says the same thing over and over and over again. I WEIGH 158.5!!!!!!! That is in the 150s. I lost two pounds!! I am so happy, maybe my body just needed a week to cool down and chill.

My goal next week is to lose 1 pound and halfway to my goal weight. This is the goal I sat for the end of December so I am thrilled!

Totally awesome.....CONGRATS
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Okay....I am not giving up.....I am not giving up......
    good news,.....I didn't gain anything. bad news.......I didn't loose either. Stayed the same. 166. I think now that my exercise is getting pretty leveled out for a while, my loss may start again. I HOPE>>>

Woke up to snow this morning. Not much yet, but I guess it is coming. My mom and I are off to see a stage production of "A White Christmas" this afternoon. Our community is blessed to have several stage companies. This one is a neighboring town and have never been to it so I am looking forward to the afternoon.

Have a great Sunday

PS....WELL....more good news.....just took measurements as well. Even though the weight stayed the same, I lost an inch in my waist, 1/2 inch on my hips and 1/2 inch on my neck. So I am happy!!!!! :) At least it is progress!
  • littlebigbird
    Options
    Hi everyone.

So - it seems it wasn't such a terrible week, diet-wise, as many of us had feared. I dispensed with another 2 pounds and I'm over the moon. This brings me to exactly 11 stone (154lb) so by this time next week I hope I'll bei n the 10-stone-something range. I can hear the 140s calling out to me! :laugh:

tigermom - brilliant news about your inch-loss. It's a great motivator to know you're still losing even when the scales refuse to co-operate!! As you say - you're not giving up - and I admire you for it. Here's to a great week and more amenable scales next Sunday! :tongue:

tamelab - Congratulations!! 2lb loss is fantastic. :flowerforyou:

Amanda - I'm sooooo happy for you. As you say, sometimes your body just needs a change or a rest to keep the pounds coming off. Well done and here's to another great week. :flowerforyou:
  • yvonneh
    Options
    AmandaJ - How exciting to be so close to the halfway mark!

Littlebigbird, I'm sure'll youll be in the 10 stone range next week!

Tamelab - Congratulations!

And Tigermom Inches change is the most important change of all!

I finally saw the scale start moving again. Not a lot - I lost half a pound, which puts me at 180.5. My goal is to lose another pound this week so I ill be back in the 170's.

It'll be a challange, with a party and one cookie exchange, but I like the feeling of sticking to this even if the results aren't immediate. And having you guys to check in with each week is a big part of that!

I decided with the cookie exchange, I can take the cookies so my friends (most of whom are very skinny!) won't be offended, but then freeze some for the occassional treat, and take others to work.