Do people think your older or younger than you look?

Options

Replies

• Mceastes
    Mceastes Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I got carded for cigarettes the other day, I've been able to buy them legally since 1996. ( I dont smoke, I was buying them for a 12 year old)

OMG, what are we going to do with you? You are such a goober.

I get mistaken for being younger than I am. I HATED it when I was getting carded at 20 and some of my friends weren't, but now that I'm 36, I LOVE it!!
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    always younger :p i'm ok with that

my clothing choices prolly dont help

when ever i post a thread on the forums i get a few comments saying i look 16 or something.

i'm almost 20
  • andreacord
    andreacord Posts: 928
    Options
    Depends. I think I look my age but depending on how I have my hair and makeup done and am dressed that day. I've gotten anywhere from 16-24, and I am 19.
  • cakeums
    cakeums Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I'll be 29 in a few weeks. I get mistaken for a college student more often than I'd like - fun when I'm getting ID'ed at the liquor store, but when I'm out with my kids it's a little annoying!
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    When I was in junior high and high school I got a lot of comments that I looked older than I was. In junior high the bookstore I frequented gave me college student discounts. In high school when I was 16 and had to dress formally for a field trip that day, I got grabbed by a student older than me who asked if I was the substitute teacher. When I laughed and showed him my school ID I asked how old he thought I was, he said 30.

Now I'm in my 20s and I'm often mistaken for a high school student. When I was 20 and first Skyped with my long distance boyfriend he told me after that when he first saw me he got a bit afraid because he said I didn't look over 17 and he didn't want to get in trouble legally. Most people think my high school ring that I wear isn't even mine, that I'm not old enough to have my own yet. I get confused on how to react because while I can see it's a compliment, a lot of people won't take me seriously or demand to see my license before they believe I'm really an adult.
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    people always think i'm younger, but i credit it to not having children which ages people considerably.

I don't think that is true. i got carded the other day and I have 8 children. i am often told I look like I'm in my 20's.
  • james1299
    james1299 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I turn 34 this year.
    I've had to pull out my drivers licence a few times before because people think I'm lying.
    Most people guess 24-25.
  • dg09
    dg09 Posts: 754
    Options
    21 and always got younger. I think I look more of my age now than I did before due to the weight loss.

Congrats on your weight loss!! you look great. How long did it take to lose so much?

Thanks! I started about 14 months ago. I lost a lot at the start because I was so obese, but I've slowed it down to 1-1.5lb per week now.
  • JoyceJoanne
    JoyceJoanne Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I'm 44, have 2 daughters (24, 22) I get mistaken for their sisters ALL the time. :bigsmile: Sometimes I have to pull out my license to prove it. Usually I get "You're MAAAAYBE 35!! NO WAY are you older than THAT!" No complaints here. Well, my daughters don't like it now, I'm betting they will when they're getting compared to their kids! :wink:
  • erinxo13
    erinxo13 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I'm 21 and going into my fifth year of uni and I've been asked what grade I'm in several times....I graduated high school four years ago :| ahahah. People think I'm like 15.
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    i think our generations look alot younger than what we are, i remeber when i was 13 i thought at 30 you were a gonner lol. Not so true now, now a days alot of people are 30-40-50-60 years young, not old...you know what i mean dont look thier age at all.

I have a 19, 21 and 13 year old, they always think im the sister. Everytime my daughter calls me mom when we are shopping (honest to God) some one says did you say mom- I thought you were sisters:bigsmile: .
  • nursenelson
    nursenelson Posts: 295
    Options
    I'll be 31 on Sunday, and I still get mistaken for 25. Good genes. :happy: :heart:

MY SISTER!!

I'm 36 but always get mistaken for mid-late 20's
    I agree with my sis, good genes :happy: :heart:
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    People seem to think I'm younger...on the one hand it's nice...on the other hand it's annoying to be underestimated for my capabilities because "you don't look like you have a lot of experience".

uhmmmm yeah about that.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Younger. Most people think I'm in my 30's and I have a daughter who is 30! They also think I'm my kids' sister, not their mother. lol I'll be 51 in a few weeks. :)
  • JeremyM1977
    Options
    I am 35, and when I used to have my goatee, I was told I looked older.....mainly because some grays were coming in.
    When I shaved off the beard, I appear to look more my age.
  • schume89
    schume89 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I am 22 and I got carded going to a R rated movie a few weeks ago haha Usually people think I am about 16 or 17 and that my 20 year old sister is older than me since she has about 6 inches on me lol
  • FatStoatLondon
    FatStoatLondon Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I'm 45 and people who try to guess my age usually go for mid 30s.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I usually get mistaken for 24. I've avoided the sun all my life and people are genuinely shocked to find out how old I am (39)
  • thunder_dan
    Options
    Well, when you shave your head like I do, you're automatically in the badass club. I've been in that club since I was 18 :wink:

Edit: So people always think I'm older than I actually am.
  • janessafantasma
    janessafantasma Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I usually get mistaken for 24. I've avoided the sun all my life and people are genuinely shocked to find out how old I am (39)

I was not an avoider of sun as a youth, but actively avoided it as a young adult and I think it has made a HUGE difference. I always get compliments on my skin and how healthy and wrinkle free my face is. Not that I should have wrinkles anyway. I love the sun, but I am very careful about always wearing sunscreen and taking good care of my face and décolletage.