Can't do a single press-up/push-up!

Options
2»

Replies

• SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Try one of those big exercise balls. You can scoot the ball up as high as you need to to support your weight and gradually move farther over the ball as your arms get strong enough to support more weight. Exercise balls are good for lots of things and easy to work with as you are watching TV.
  • sozzell
    sozzell Posts: 166
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Thanks so much for all of your helpful replies with tips and suggestions :-)

I don't feel so bad now!! I will definitely persevere, and keep trying to get better!

Oh and thanks to the follow BodyRocker's reply: It is such a tough workout but I am loving it!!
  • Arexxx
    Arexxx Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Do box push ups for a while, then try a 'proper' push up.

I can only manage the box ones D:
  • allisonrozsa
    allisonrozsa Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I don't know the official name, but doing the girly pushups is a good way to start (the ones on your knees). Those cut out about half of your weight, and when you get strong enough to do a bunch of those, you can then move up to regular pushups.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    Start off with table or incline push-ups where you put your palms onto the table or staircase at least 3 steps from the floor. Then position yourself like you would in a regular push-up. Do like 5 reps then increase it slowly. Then as you get stronger, you then progess by using a chair, lower table or reducing one step on the stairs. Continue progessing until you can do it on the floor.
  • FitasBarbie
    FitasBarbie Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I feel yah I can't do regular push ups too.. I do the knee "girls" push ups instead. They have videos of how to do this in YouTube. Im working my way to doing a regular push up. I have no problems too with other strength exercises just push ups... Good luck :smile: