Do people think your older or younger than you look?

Options

Replies

• allisonrozsa
    allisonrozsa Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    It depends on the day and how I wear my hair. lol. I'm not kidding! Sometimes people think I'm not even 20, while other times I'm in my mid-30's. When I was 15, people were guessing anywhere from 13-32 based on where I was and what my job was. I'm 26.
  • TheDreadPirateRoberts
    TheDreadPirateRoberts Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I look younger... always have. Yesterday a work colleague told someone 15 years younger than I am that I looked younger than them. But then I'm the one on MFP doing the work outs... plus wearing a mask helps... it covers the wrinkles :)
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Of of the reasons I'm losing weight is to look younger. It's amazing in most of the 'before and after' photos how much younger people look. I feel frumpy and heading towards middle age being overweight.

Another thing, New Zealand (and Australian) sun isn't kind to skins! Folks in the UK generally have better skin cos of less sun damage. I'm pretty wrinkly and freckly... would like to get some dermabrasion/laser work to even things up a bit.

I did have someone think I was about 10 years younger the other day, but she was in her late 60s. Do you find people a long way off your age have difficulty picking your age? My mum used to refer to people in their 30s and 40s as 'young girls' cos they were lots younger than her.

Teenagers have no idea! Teaching high school aged 24 I was only a few years older than them but they thought I was OLD! All us new teachers did occassionally get confused with students by older teachers. I dressed quite formally to show I wasn't a student.
  • HunterKiller_wechange
    HunterKiller_wechange Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Not sure if people think im younger than i look. I sure feel it though.
  • hausofnichele
    hausofnichele Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I look 40.
    I feel 90.
    I'm 25.
  • HunterKiller_wechange
    HunterKiller_wechange Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I look 40.
    I feel 90.
    I'm 25.

You definately dont look 40. You have nice clear baby skin. Not that im saying people 40 and over have haggard skin. :)
  • foodfight247
    foodfight247 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I'm 36yrs old but I do look a lot younger - alot of people think I'm early 20's.
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I'm 49 but people never believe me when I tell them. Being a ginger & a sun dodger sure has helped.:wink:
  • mommy2AR
    mommy2AR Posts: 2,802 Member
    Options
    Well I will be 31 this year and have yet to be mistaken for older than I am :) I usually get 24-26 which I dont mind ;) LOL
  • MellowGa
    MellowGa Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    most people guess that I am younger then 42, My wife who is 41 looks like she is 20 and I get creeper looks.

No lie, when our daughter was six months old we were at a fair and I was pushing her in a stroller with my wife next to me, these two older ladies come up to look at our baby, and say to me, "awe this baby is so cute, is this your daughter?" and I say yes, then they turn to my wife and say, "are you the baby sitter?"

Also, two years ago at the age of 39, she was given the "under 12" menu at a local resturant and we had our three children with us....they gave me an adult menu and 4 kid menu's...lol
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    People tend to think that I am 10 years younger than I am.
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Younger
  • Jani2416
    Jani2416 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I'm 38, some days I feel 138 other days I feel 25. I look my age (I think).
  • cdm1220
    cdm1220 Posts: 5
    Options
    I am about to turn 34. I get the younger all the time. Ranges drastically. One of my favorite things that happened to me was my 30th birthday, I went out and they thought my id was a fake.
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I am 50 and I get mistaken for being in my 40's all the time. I think it is because I am short.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    People tend to think I'm younger than I am. It's tiresome, especially when getting carded. Maybe I don't look like I'm 40, but you know darn well I am not under 21. Seriously.
  • rgoodearl
    rgoodearl Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I'm 43 but feel like 33 and I'm got more energy than when I was 23 !!! :happy:
  • third_time_lucky
    third_time_lucky Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    im 26 and my sister is 32, people often thing im the oldest of the two.
    cant decide if i look old, she looks young or a mixture of the 2! Either way, she is much more pleased with it than I am!!! :/
  • Puddles0308
    Options
    Older. I always get told I look 30 but i'm 25. Its not a big difference but i've been told I looked 30 since I was 17. Lol.
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I'm 30, married to a 24 year old. his army pals thought i was 18. they tried to rip on him for "robbing the cradle"
    when he is actually robbing the grave. lol jk

when i was 16 everyone thought i was 24. now that I'm older i keep getting younger. makes ya feel good!

everyone thinks hubs is younger (;like 16-18) when he is clean shaven. so i like him to keep face fuzz. grown man hair. to look more his age. :)
    he hates shaving anyway. has to every drill.

i know chicks dig being told we look younger, for the most part. young, pretty, slender, anything like that makes our lil days.