Still want some soda???

Options

Replies

• nlwilliamson
    nlwilliamson Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I have nothing against diet soda. I drink diet coke, so I can eat regular cake.

Hahaha, Gabriel much? :)
  • jen_bd6
    jen_bd6 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Yummy yummy! Drink up! :drinker:

LOL I kid. I rarely drink soda anymore and when I do I only make the exception for Barq's Red Cream Soda. Since I can't find the junk here in Kentucky other that at ONE gas station in the entire fricken state... I don't drink it unless I go to Mississippi to visit. haha!:happy:

They sell Barq's red cream soda everywhere here in Ohio... I always have to take 12 packs of cans with me when I go to visit family out of state. Love the stuff! :)
  • laus_8882
    laus_8882 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    But hfcs is just sugar with a different makeup and a bad rep. Personally I try to stay away from any foods made with sugar because, for the most part, they're processed and I can't justify the cost (here in Australia it's far more expensive to eat processed food than fresh).

I'd never advocate eating McCrap more than once a week or so and I certainly can't understand guzzling litres of soft drink daily, but the occasional Coke, as long as it fits into your calories, isn't going to see your insides melting into a big pile of pink goo. By all means, avoid hfcs and sugar and honey, and concentrated fruit juice and brown rice syrup and all the sugar alcohols and agave syrup and by god there are loads more but buggered if I can think of all the names we have for what is essentially sugar, but there's nothing wrong with including a small amount of the evil stuff in your diet.

Right, although most days I have 1/2 tablespoons of honey to sweeten my Plain Greek Yogurt along with fruit.

I'm not saying that HFCS is the devil... just that these stacks freaked me out.

Embrace the honey! It's delicious. For freaking you out... I say go and visit the meat patties prior to cooking. It didn't stop me enjoying a Quarter Pounder every now and then, but the uniform size and shape, and the smoothness of the surface of each patty... I don't know. That's some weird meat.
  • lil_bit_crazy
    lil_bit_crazy Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Its pop in Tennessee. Its pop in Ohio too, unless you're my mother. Only difference is pop in Tennessee is asked for as Coke and that could mean 175 different types. Just call it Coke. Soda is what you bake (baking soda) and clean (washing soda) with.

Either way...I don't drink pop. At all. In any form. Ever. No koolaid. I drink water. All day every day. Water. Nothing in it.
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    I like aspartame. :)
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    But hfcs is just sugar with a different makeup and a bad rep. Personally I try to stay away from any foods made with sugar because, for the most part, they're processed and I can't justify the cost (here in Australia it's far more expensive to eat processed food than fresh).

I'd never advocate eating McCrap more than once a week or so and I certainly can't understand guzzling litres of soft drink daily, but the occasional Coke, as long as it fits into your calories, isn't going to see your insides melting into a big pile of pink goo. By all means, avoid hfcs and sugar and honey, and concentrated fruit juice and brown rice syrup and all the sugar alcohols and agave syrup and by god there are loads more but buggered if I can think of all the names we have for what is essentially sugar, but there's nothing wrong with including a small amount of the evil stuff in your diet.

Right, although most days I have 1/2 tablespoons of honey to sweeten my Plain Greek Yogurt along with fruit.

Embrace the honey! It's delicious. For freaking you out... I say go and visit the meat patties prior to cooking. It didn't stop me enjoying a Quarter Pounder every now and then, but the uniform size and shape, and the smoothness of the surface of each patty... I don't know. That's some weird meat.

I've been working in fast food for the past almost 7 years... yeah the meat is weird... The way it gets stacked and fed through the broiler and BK is even weirder... So was the microwave bacon before they got the thick stuff they use now that they bake in the oven... Ever seen a bucket filled with congealed fat? Every single day... the stuff that they pour off the pans of meat after they're cooked :sick:

Oh and the mayo "guns" at McDonald's... the stuff that would congeal around the outside :sick:
  • sabolfitwife
    sabolfitwife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I never thought I'd be able to kick my soda habit, but I'm going 3 months strong :-) I drink mainly water, occasionally add the flavoring packets at dinner time usually. Every once in a while I'll buy a case of the Lipton Green Tea but that's about all I drink these days :-) I haven't seen a noticeable weight loss w/ cutting out the soda, but I was a Diet Pepsi drinker, so I dunno if I would see a difference since it was diet and had no calories? But I sure feel a lot better w/o the nasty chemicals inside that little can. :-)
  • SuperSexyDork
    Options
    I never thought I'd be able to kick my soda habit, but I'm going 3 months strong :-) I drink mainly water, occasionally add the flavoring packets at dinner time usually. Every once in a while I'll buy a case of the Lipton Green Tea but that's about all I drink these days :-) I haven't seen a noticeable weight loss w/ cutting out the soda, but I was a Diet Pepsi drinker, so I dunno if I would see a difference since it was diet and had no calories? But I sure feel a lot better w/o the nasty chemicals inside that little can. :-)

I don't think you'll see a noticeable difference in your weight loss but being healthier is a great thing, right?
  • SuperSexyDork
    Options
    *reading this while guzzling my Cherry Coke Zero*

Hey, life is all about choices, right? It's completely up to you :)
  • Blaqheart
    Blaqheart Posts: 235
    Options
    Thanks. Don't touch the stuff very often unless it's the only thing in the house.
    Shocking that everyone thinks this stuff is safe. Hfcs contains lead because of the cooking process. Aspartame is not a sweetener anyone needs. It has actually caused people to go blind and brings on brain splitting migraines.

www.mercola.com

use search feature just type in both and see some real research and what these poisons really are. Educate yourself with the truth so you can make good decisions.

While you're there type in Vaccines and learn some shocking eye opening truth about those.
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    What is a freestyle machine? Is it just your normal soft drink dispenser when you go get fast food? Or is it something special?
  • SuperSexyDork
    Options
    What is a freestyle machine? Is it just your normal soft drink dispenser when you go get fast food? Or is it something special?

It's something special... 100+ choices in one machine.

http://coca-colafreestyle.com/
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    OMG! There is sweetener in soda???

Seriously. Soda is not the devil. Too much soda is.

Oh, you're quite right! I will occasionally have some Pepsi. I don't ban anything from my diet...

But when you work in fast food and you see the same customers come in every day and get a vat of soda (42 oz is a vat of soda) it kinda disgusts me.

I worked at a McDonald's from ages 15-19. I was there for the introduction of Supersizing in the early '90s. I've seen plenty of gluttony. :laugh:
  • laus_8882
    Options

I've been working in fast food for the past almost 7 years... yeah the meat is weird... The way it gets stacked and fed through the broiler and BK is even weirder... So was the microwave bacon before they got the thick stuff they use now that they bake in the oven... Ever seen a bucket filled with congealed fat? Every single day... the stuff that they pour off the pans of meat after they're cooked :sick:

Oh and the mayo "guns" at McDonald's... the stuff that would congeal around the outside :sick:

Seven years? I solute your fortitude! I must be blotting out painful memories as all that comes to mind from my McDonalds stint is the shiny, shiny meat and the obsession one manager had with cleaning out the chip warmer. She was an odd one. I don't think we do oven or microwave bacon here. It's just rashers of fried shortcut. Pretty darn tasty.

Still, I see why you're not too impressed with the cases of hfcs and sweetener. Seven years in the industry would make anyone a bit suspicious of the food.
  • laus_8882
    Options
    Thanks. Don't touch the stuff very often unless it's the only thing in the house.
    Shocking that everyone thinks this stuff is safe. Hfcs contains lead because of the cooking process. Aspartame is not a sweetener anyone needs. It has actually caused people to go blind and brings on brain splitting migraines.

www.mercola.com

use search feature just type in both and see some real research and what these poisons really are. Educate yourself with the truth so you can make good decisions.

While you're there type in Vaccines and learn some shocking eye opening truth about those.

The truth about vaccines? You mean that whole families are no longer wiped out by smallpox and we've managed to prevent polio epidemics in much of the world? Mercola is a sleaze who preys on the gullible and easily scared in order to flog his unproven and overpriced supplements. Wtf is it with members here and that snakeoil salesman?
  • SuperSexyDork
    Options
    OMG! There is sweetener in soda???

Seriously. Soda is not the devil. Too much soda is.

Oh, you're quite right! I will occasionally have some Pepsi. I don't ban anything from my diet...

But when you work in fast food and you see the same customers come in every day and get a vat of soda (42 oz is a vat of soda) it kinda disgusts me.

I worked at a McDonald's from ages 15-19. I was there for the introduction of Supersizing in the early '90s. I've seen plenty of gluttony. :laugh:

Oh the gluttony!!!!

Yesterday was my last day in fast food... I had to resist the urge to tell people what I really feel- the whole "you eat here every single day, don't you understand what that's doing to your insides?" However, I wanted to hug one obese woman last night. She came through and bought herself a kids meal. It made me so happy for her!
  • SuperSexyDork
    Options

www.mercola.com

The truth about vaccines? You mean that whole families are no longer wiped out by smallpox and we've managed to prevent polio epidemics in much of the world? Mercola is a sleaze who preys on the gullible and easily scared in order to flog his unproven and overpriced supplements. Wtf is it with members here and that snakeoil salesman?

Or the fact that families that have decided to abstain from vaccines have been causing outbreaks?
  • laus_8882
    Options

www.mercola.com

Or the fact that families that have decided to abstain from vaccines have been causing outbreaks?

Ugh, gosh I hate the selfish parents who think that the minuscule risk of vaccines (it's practically nonexistent) is worth risking the health of children and adults who rely on herd immunity because their own immunity has been compromised (chemo, for example), or they genuinely cannot be vaccinated or are too young to have received all their shots. It's utterly immoral for these people to rank the lives of society's most vulnerable below their precious darlings having a fever and a bit of a tantrum thanks to the mmr.
  • tiffany1226
    tiffany1226 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, yes I still want my diet pepsi.