6 week 200 crunches challenge

Options

Replies

• Vans
    Vans Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I have not been on MFP for almost 6 months....I think this would be a great motivator for me :) Im in!!!

-I just did the pretest and was able to get 76 done....However I do not want to start on week three...Has this happened to anyone else? If so what are you planning on doing? Starting at week 1 but 30 sit ups with 60 seconds rest?
    Hope to hear from someone :)

Good luck to all!
  • jrbowers83
    jrbowers83 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    When I did the pretest I did 46, which also put me in week 3. But I am going to go a column lower that week, and if I have to step it down I will. I am really into pilates and I didn't realize how much it helped my core. I thought after my c-section my ab muscles were shot, so this was a pleasant surprise to me. Has anyone tried to do the 100s in pilates? If you thought this test was torture, you should really try THAT. Anyway looks like we'll be doing the M, W, F, and Saturday check-in. Hope everyone gets off to a good start!:wink:
  • MadWorld
    MadWorld Posts: 200
    Options
    Count me in. Gonna do my initial test tonight after my food settles. I think this will be a good motivator for my core training (something I have a reallly hard time with). Thanks for posting that link-- that's pretty cool! :)
  • iamladibeast
    iamladibeast Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    ok everyone...I'm ready for the first day tomorrow...will check-in to let everyone know how it goes
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I did my first day today - I'm doing the crunches challenge along with the 100 push-ups challenge and C25k challenge. Can't wait for day two!!!
  • samantha115
    Options
    I just did my inital test and youve got to be kidding me. I was only able to do 30. Which I thought wasnt bad until I looked at the chart. Its ok. Ill get better. I need some rock hard abs to work that swimsuit bod I want.
  • kcdore_2469
    Options
    Count me in I usually do 100-200 crunches a day..... So hopefully I can keep up the momentum

Katrina

Start: 216
    Current 187
    Goal 150

139415.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart
  • Sunsh1ne
    Sunsh1ne Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    Today is day one for me and YOWZER. Good thing they program in rest days because it's going to hurt to laugh tomorrow! How are you all doing?
  • angelnik03
    Options
    I'm in! Hopefully I'll remember to stick with it! I'll do the pretest as soon as I get home.
  • MadWorld
    MadWorld Posts: 200
    Options
    Hi. I did my initial test last night (i got in a day late on the thread). I'm going to go ahead and start the actual program today though, that way I won't be behind. My husband even wants to do the challenge with me! :) So, that should help motivate me even more. I hate crunches but I know I need to strengthen my core.

Good luck to everyone!
  • Vans
    Vans Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    WOO! Just finished day 1....I really am curious to see if I will have a better core after 6 weeks! Good luck to everyone :)
  • BamaRose0107
    Options
    Are yall crunches or sit ups? I wanted to ask before I started this.
  • Sunsh1ne
    Options
    The website calls them situps, but what they recommend are actually crunches, because of the spinal risks associated with traditional pushups.
  • sirCed
    sirCed Posts: 16
    Options
    Don't forget to get the lower back as well!
  • nisku
    nisku Posts: 6
    Options
    This sounds like a good idea. Time to start getting motivated again!
  • pawprint061
    Options
    I do crunches whether they say so or not. I have a bad back and I can't do regular sit ups. How's everyone coming along with week one?
  • Sunsh1ne
    Options
    Did a total of 64 today, 25 on my exhaustion round! I'm surprised. Maybe part of the problem before was that I never did sets, I just did crunches until I had to stop and then that was it. I'm really feeling this, in a good way.
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I'm all in :)
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I finished my second day yesterday and ready to finish out week 1 tomorrow! First day I did 50 sit-ups and the second day I did 61. I wasn't sore after the first day until the evening....just a little sore from day 2.

Keep on keepin' on crunchers!!!!
  • pawprint061
    Options
    Did a total of 64 today, 25 on my exhaustion round! I'm surprised. Maybe part of the problem before was that I never did sets, I just did crunches until I had to stop and then that was it. I'm really feeling this, in a good way.

Way to go. I'm the same way... I never really did sets either. I always did them until I couldn't do any more.