non sugar eaters....

Options
2»

Replies

• Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I too don't eat processed sugars, along with some other things, but I eat tons of fruit, it just can't be too ripe. If there are any "bad" spots, then they have to be cut out. I use honey or pure maple syrup or agave nectar to sweeten things. But like I said, I eat lots of fruit. My opinion is, if God made it, it's safe to eat. Of if you don't believe in God, if it grows naturally on the earth, it's safe to eat.

I also want to add that I didn't start losing massive amounts of weight until I did this. I lost 7 pounds the first week.

not everything that grows on the earth is safe :P

tasty tasty cocainez

arsenic and sulfur are natural too. :)
  • SuziQueue
    SuziQueue Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I was dieting well except I was eating an ice cream treat each evening. It was derailing me, so I cut out the processed goodies. Now, I still eat fruit but I stay within my allotted MFP sugar grams for the day and I'm back on track and doing well.
  • carla19891
    Options
    Eliminating all sugar is unrealistic and unbalanced - instead of dieting we should see weightless as a lifestyle change that lasts forever, saying you won't eat fruit again is not realistic and its also not healthy - fruit has lots of nutritional value. I would recommend sticking to two serves of fruit a day and eliminating process sugar from your everyday lifestyle as it has no nutritional benefit. If you are having problems with sugar cravings I would also recommend (from personal experience) taking a Chromium Supplement for a month or two - it really helps control blood sugar levels - so you don't crave as much sugar. I remember trying to eliminate sugar a year ago cold turkey after my sugar consumption had become out of hand and it was impossible until I found chromium. White sugar is addictive! Hope it all goes well :)
  • sicchi
    sicchi Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Oh geez, fruit is my god. I am addicted to sugar (seriously, i crazy uncontrollably binge when i taste it,only reason i gain weight) so fruit saves me from these episodes. I eat 90%-100% clean and my only limit is calories and i make sure i get at least 30 g fiber a day (which fruit is GREAT for!) Apples- 3 a day at least. I use apple halves with peanut butter as my dessert:) its great for skin,bowels, hair and energy. I once read this - eating 900 calories of lollies is an easy thing to do but just try and eat 900 calories of apples. Its near impossible. I would say to go easy on fruits like mango, banana, ect as they are very very rich in cals. But still to be enjoyed in moderation :)
  • xTenaciousJx
    xTenaciousJx Posts: 555
    Options
    awesome points thanks everyone...i just was reading an article about someone on pleao diet and they cut out ALL sugar.
  • CarleyLovesPets
    CarleyLovesPets Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I don't eat much fruit really...
    1. Because I prefer the taste of veggies.
    2. Because of the sugar.
    3. Vegetables always seem to have a lot less calories, so I can eat a bunch of it. I LOVE GREEN BEANS.

I know it's natural sugars, but in my opinion I'd rather eat vegetables instead and just avoid the sugar anyways.
  • wolfi622
    wolfi622 Posts: 206
    Options
    Same for me, as for most. Sugar in fruit is fine. I don't eat "sweets" (cookies, cakes, etc) any longer. It was the first thing I changed when I first started. I can attribute my first 5 or so pounds loss to doing nothing more that cutting out sweets. Currently, I have an apple and a Banana pretty much each day as well as a glass of red wine.
  • sugarbunnie
    Options
    Fruit is an amazing way to incorporate live enzymes and active nutrients into the diet - but it's all about how and when you eat fruit, and what types. Fruit should be eaten alone, on an empty stomach, in the mornings. Instead of orchard fruits or fruits out of season, try and opt for tropical varieties like mango, pineapple, papaya, bananas, and also berries, as they tend to have a better nutritional profile. Fresh whole fruit or freshly made fruit juice (in the morning I love pineapple ginger, or melon, or papaya orange - all freshly made at home, never purchased!) is a great way to start the day and eliminates the need for caffeine, as fruit is a great source of energy and nutrients.

Orchard varieties are great too, one apple is a great way to fight hunger or cravings.

Fresh fruit is the only thing I eat from waking until noon, and I find it keeps me bright and energized in the morning, ready for work, a workout, a hike with my dogs, whatever!
  • benegesserit
    Options
    Fruits and dairy make the sugar numbers add up really fast. I am struggling to get my sugars lower, and it looks like I can eat a big salad OR berries in a day, but not both.
  • linz1125
    linz1125 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I cut out processed sugars where possible but consider that found in fruit and alcohol just fine! ; ) :drinker:

I like the way you think!
    As long as the sugar is not added, I will eat it. Naturally occuring sugar is fine by me.
  • wewon
    wewon Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    i've heard that in order to cut out sugar some people decide to stop eating fruit. what do you think??

Bad idea.

There are a lot of vitamins and minerals that you get from raw fruit and fruit also comes with fiber. Its one of the few sources of sugar that you should deliberately incorporate into your diet. And relatively speaking, the sugar isn't that high compared to many of the other non whole foods available.

Try this....

Go to a blank page in your diary and add in 3 servings of fruit and see how much sugar shows up.

Do the same thing with any 3 non whole food items (granted they aren't artificially sweetened).

It will be pretty clear which one is the poor choice.