what instrument(s) did/do you play?

Options

Replies

• gayje
    gayje Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Violin, viola, cello...My boyfriend and I both love and played violin. It was one of our common interests that brought us together. I would love to learn to play piano but know that the expense of buying one to always practice is out of reach right now. Perhaps someday though.
  • HLeAnn
    HLeAnn Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Flute/piccolo and voice through half of college until I realized that when everyone was practicing, I was at the bars.

Quit. Pawned the flute and piccolo to buy a car so I could get to class. Bad idea.

Changed major to English. Excellent idea.

Fast forward.

Pawned wedding rings post divorce, spotted piccolo for $30 on pawn shop shelf, purchased piccolo, played Vivaldi like an angel for a minute and used the remaining $$$ from the wedding ring to take my girlfriends out to get hammered. Excellent idea.

I still sing in the shower. :drinker:

:laugh: Just made me literally laugh out loud. Awesome post. I too, was a voice major through MOST of my college career, then changed majors 3 years in to Spanish LOL. But I still got the music minor :)
  • gayje
    gayje Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Flute/piccolo and voice through half of college until I realized that when everyone was practicing, I was at the bars.

Quit. Pawned the flute and piccolo to buy a car so I could get to class. Bad idea.

Changed major to English. Excellent idea.

Fast forward.

Pawned wedding rings post divorce, spotted piccolo for $30 on pawn shop shelf, purchased piccolo, played Vivaldi like an angel for a minute and used the remaining $$$ from the wedding ring to take my girlfriends out to get hammered. Excellent idea.

I still sing in the shower. :drinker:

Love this! You go girl! :laugh:
  • Starla_
    Starla_ Posts: 349
    Options
    I played the saxophone in the school band. Dabbled with piano (never any good), piccolo, drums, clarinet, and a whole lot of percussion but I kinda quit it all when I could no longer play the sax because the fees were too high :(

atm I'm trying to teach myself guitar, I have an acoustic but I also have an electric I am restoring as a personal project. One day I plan to play a full song on it :D
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Was first chair trumpet in HS. Havent really played much since then...but I would love to start playing for weddings and such.
  • RoosterB
    RoosterB Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Played trombone at school.
  • CaliDan23
    CaliDan23 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Back in Junior High I played Trumpet for 3 years....Also used to play a bit of Piano
  • annahiven
    annahiven Posts: 185
    Options
    The piano, until I was 11 and got to learn Fur Elise. Then I stopped as I considered that the pinnacle of my piano career.

Now... ehum. Does Guitar Hero count?
  • ovege
    ovege Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I played clarinet and still play in church and an alumni marching band. I used to play bassoon, bass clarinet, trumpet and bass drum for marching (for 1 season). I used to drum major (conduct a marching band), started off college as a music major but wound with a degree in Communications. I'm glad I still play, it is one of the greatest joys in my life.
  • katejenkins1
    katejenkins1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Piano for years and a few years of Sax
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    The piano, until I was 11 and got to learn Fur Elise. Then I stopped as I considered that the pinnacle of my piano career.

Now... ehum. Does Guitar Hero count?
    lol hell's yea guitar hero and rock band all day.
    piano and guitar here. and some weird bass drum when i as in elementary.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Clarinet and then the flute. Wonder what happened to those...
  • TexasRattlesnake
    TexasRattlesnake Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Bass guitar, and I could probably still bang out the Star Wars theme on the recorder.

Oh, and the Kazoo.
  • laurastrait21
    laurastrait21 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I played oboe up until college, haven't touched it in a couple years! I am also a self-taught flute player ... and not taught very well!
  • snowmaniac
    snowmaniac Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Guitar. Rock/Metal stuff mostly. Good way to blow off steam.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Clarinet, Bass clarinet, saxaphone, alto and tenor, trumpet, trombone, piano, guitar, bass guitar, classical guitar, tuba.
  • aymetcalf
    aymetcalf Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    flute/piccolo through hs/college...
  • RipperSB
    RipperSB Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Started playing guitar in Oct 12, something that I've always wanted to do. I have a Fender acoustic, Squier Strat and Epiphone Les Paul. Learning through instructional DVDs found online (very good series at guitarlessons.com) and playing Rocksmith on my PS3. Having a blast, wishing I would've started years ago!
  • Lillouns
    Lillouns Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Started playing violin in 4th grade and have been playing ever since! 16 years!
  • wolfi622
    wolfi622 Posts: 206
    Options
    I am a classical and jazz musician by profession. I play woodwinds (clarinets, saxophones, flute, oboe). I also play piano, guitar, bass and some strings (violin). I attended conservatory for my undergraduate degree.