Nutrilite Carb Blockers

Options

Replies

• MizSaz
    MizSaz Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Nutirlite Carb Blockers-

First, Nutrilite is a product of Amway-so it is an awesome product. Second, Amway has been around for 52 years-so this isn't some new fad.

Straight from the website:
    "Nutrilite sources natural, organic plant concentrates, many grown on our own farms, and highly purified vitamins and minerals from around the world to meet our exacting quality standards. All ingredients used in NUTRILITE® products are extensively researched, tested and formulated to provide a product that meets the nutritional needs of people on their way to optimal health.

NUTRILITE® is the only global vitamin and mineral brand to grow, harvest and process plants on our own certified organic farms. All our farms – over 6311 acres in California, Washington State, Mexico and Brazil – replenish the soil and avoid synthetic pesticides, herbicides and fertilizers. They are also global good neighbours dedicated to giving back to the community.

Want to try some yourself? order here! http://amway.com/BPproducts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amway
    Amway has some very interesting business practices..... Before extolling their 'virtues', you may want to consider that.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    First, Nutrilite is a product of Amway

Enough said... it's crap. Just like everything else Amway shills.
  • BOLO4Hagtha
    BOLO4Hagtha Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I think there should be a general rule for posts like these, if you did not use it and will be negative about it, don't post. Sounds simple, no? All she was doing was telling the OP her experience with it. What you think/feel about diet pills or supplements is yours to think/feel, but don't attack people for having tried them and write things off as a scam if you clearly have not used the product in question. Not all products will work the same for all people. That was just one person's experience. If by only eating healthy and working out has worked for you, fantastic. Some people just need an extra kick to get the weight loss process going and aren't as lucky as you.

Personally, I've used Alli and never once had a single bad side effect other people have had. I tired losing weight but I always seemed to gain it back. I needed something extra to get the ball rolling and so I decided to try Alli. To me, it is a great product. To someone else that has had anal leakage, not so much. I've lost 35lbs using it. I haven't used it for 6months now and probably won't, unless I hit a plateau I can't break out of. My reason for not continuing it for the past 6mos is price.

And even if this Neutrilite doesn't drastically make you lose weight, like some others have mentioned, it at least stopped them from gaining weight from eating a carb heavy meal. That is still a success to me.
  • tlonie
    tlonie Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Are you using them now?
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I boil them to make a tea... cool it, then stand on my head and with the help of a funnel, I pour it directly in to my rectum. This helped me block 100,000 calories! Magic!
    Well hell. I haven't been letting my tea cool before pouring in my rectum. No wonder I'm not losing.
  • Jay_Jay_
    Jay_Jay_ Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I prefer to just not eat carbs rather than **** myself fifteen times a day on bunk products with unresearched claims. Why do people always look for a magic pill over their own willpower?
  • MarcoRod
    MarcoRod Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Just the name, the concept of blocking carbs is ludicrous. Let me be clear - I am not knocking OP but I feel truly sorry for so many people who can't accept the FACT you simply cannot eat garbage and get healthy (loss weight) without exercise, commitment, willpower and moderation.

Diet pills are like religion. People swear by them, others fight about but they will be around forever. Companies will always take the money of the naive. However, until you commit to real change like hundreds, maybe thousands, on MFP, you will not achieve lasting health or weight loss.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    There are no magic pills! If so we'd all be wearing skimpy bathing suits and lying on the beach somewhere. OP......please save you money! Just because your trainer is endorsing them doesn't mean he knows what he's talking about!! And as far as the poster who is telling you they work.........well obviously not very well if she's on a weight loss site. There are no short cuts. IT'S A LIFESTYLE CHANGE!
  • brk_1982
    brk_1982 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    haha this is why america has an obesity epidemic.
    :tongue:
    you set out for quick fixes that promise results when youre too lazy to put in the hard work and effort it takes to get REAL results.

i dont need a *magic pill* to help me lose weight and i laugh at those of you who think you do. my body is earned through HARD WORK, A CLEAN DIET AND 100% DEDICATION.

But last night the forum taught me that mayo caused the obesity epidemic...hmmmm...
  • Ladywindchaser
    Ladywindchaser Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    If you have a question about taking any type of pill over the counter or prescription TALK to your Doctor! That is what I do. Most of the time when I bring up something a Trainer says he laughs. That goes for the ones on here also!

Don't trust anything the "FDA" says either!!! My word, the US is full of drugs the FDA approved then had to take off the market. There are drugs the FDA will not allow in the US but the EU and other Countries have used for years and years!

Just had a very long discussion with my Internal Med. Doctor about drugs, including Alli, for weight loss. There are side affects for everything. Does not mean you will have them!

Do what you want not what someone other than yourself & your Doctors thinks is appropriate for you!

Some people are arrogrant know it alls!
  • redshoeshelley
    redshoeshelley Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I think there should be a general rule for posts like these, if you did not use it and will be negative about it, don't post. Sounds simple, no? All she was doing was telling the OP her experience with it. What you think/feel about diet pills or supplements is yours to think/feel, but don't attack people for having tried them and write things off as a scam if you clearly have not used the product in question. Not all products will work the same for all people. That was just one person's experience. If by only eating healthy and working out has worked for you, fantastic. Some people just need an extra kick to get the weight loss process going and aren't as lucky as you.

Agreed.
    Agreed.
    Agreed.
  • Rhodium1976
    Rhodium1976 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    haha this is why america has an obesity epidemic.
    :tongue:
    you set out for quick fixes that promise results when youre too lazy to put in the hard work and effort it takes to get REAL results.

i dont need a *magic pill* to help me lose weight and i laugh at those of you who think you do. my body is earned through HARD WORK, A CLEAN DIET AND 100% DEDICATION.

But last night the forum taught me that mayo caused the obesity epidemic...hmmmm...

hahahahahhaha
  • Louise1247
    Louise1247 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Even Mayoclinic say u can take them to kick-start a weight-loss, which is obv what was done.
    Really? Post the abstract on it from the Mayo Clinic cause I'd love to see it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

'Diet pills and surgery can help with weight loss — when combined with a healthy diet and physical activity. But diet pills aren't for everyone. Neither is surgery. In fact, many doctors consider them only if you have weight-related health problems.

If you're in that group, you and your doctor need to carefully evaluate the potential benefits of diet pills or surgery and weigh them against the possible long-term risks. Your doctor will also counsel you about the lifestyle changes you'll need to make to be successful over the long term.'

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/weight-loss/MY00432/DSECTION=diet-pills,-supplements-and-surgery
  • tito7388
    tito7388 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    It's not a magic pill but in certain cases they do help. They work for some and not for others. In my case they work and just fine but I don't take them daily. I rarely do take them when I know I get off my meal plans and it does happen (parties get together etc)
    First and foremost I plan my macros according to what my goal is. I do keep the carb blockers as an emergency go to.

I've had succes with them as well as without them but eating whole foods should be first:

1- Lean Proteins
    2- Fibrous Carbs
    3- Starchy Carbs - Moderately and this is the number that is the factor, cycle this one to reach your goals. Increase in your meal post workout, all other meals replace 80% with fibrous carbs.

If it makes any sense but I have success with this simple plan and on the days that I get off this which is rarely I can decide whether to take the supplement or not, more times than not I don't because 1 meal will not break the bank and at times is good to get off the cycle of restriction. In a way it resets your body.
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I think there should be a general rule for posts like these, if you did not use it and will be negative about it, don't post. Sounds simple, no? All she was doing was telling the OP her experience with it. What you think/feel about diet pills or supplements is yours to think/feel, but don't attack people for having tried them and write things off as a scam if you clearly have not used the product in question. Not all products will work the same for all people. That was just one person's experience.

Agreed.

Disagree completely.

The fitness and diet industry is built on lies and false promises. I don't need to have taken *insert supplement* to have pretty good idea of of it's likely to work or not. Just look at the ingredients and research them.

It's like the whole "we should encourage everyone" attitude, some people are doing things that really shouldn't be encouraged. If someone posts saying they are going on a 2 week fast where they eat nothing but lemons to cleanse themselves then that shouldn't be encouraged.

I will say again supplement companies lie to you!!!! it sad to see many people on here turn to pills and whatever when they haven't got the basics right.

I don't see the any benefit on having multiple threads tellin people to buy cla by the truckload.
    If by only eating healthy and working out has worked for you, fantastic. Some people just need an extra kick to get the weight loss process going and aren't as lucky as you.

Luck doesnt come into it, unless you want to use it as an excuse.

The question you should ask yourself when you look at any supplement is... Are bodybuilders, fitness models and athletes, the people who's careera depend on looking and performing their best using them, if not it's probably garbage.
  • anititita
    anititita Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This comment just made my morning! lmao
  • dmenchac
    dmenchac Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Why are you necroing 2 year old threads -_-
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Wasn't Zombie thread day Tuesday?
  • jroorda857
    jroorda857 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Look at the evidence https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1796956/

The initial question was do they work. They do. There are opinions on whether they are a good idea. Separate issue.

International Journal of Medical Sciences.

Aims: The present research study examines a dietary supplement containing 445 mg of Phaseolus vulgaris extract derived from the white kidney bean, previously shown to inhibit the activity of the digestive enzyme alpha amylase, on body composition of overweight human subjects.

Methods: A randomized, double-blinded, placebo-controlled study was conducted on 60 pre-selected, slightly overweight volunteers, whose weight had been essentially stable for at least six months. The volunteers were divided into two groups, homogeneous for age, gender, and body weight. The test product containing Phaseolus vulgaris extract and the placebo were taken one tablet per day for 30 consecutive days before a main meal rich in carbohydrates. Each subject's body weight, fat and non-fat mass, skin fold thickness, and waist/hip/thigh circumferences were measured.

Results: After 30 days, subjects receiving Phaseolus vulgaris extract with a carbohydrate-rich, 2000- to 2200-calorie diet had significantly (p<0.001) greater reduction of body weight, BMI, fat mass, adipose tissue thickness, and waist,/hip/ thigh circumferences while maintaining lean body mass compared to subjects receiving placebo.

Conclusion: The results indicate that Phaseolus vulgaris extract produces significant decrements in body weight and suggest decrements in fat mass in the face of maintained lean body mass.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    @jroorda857 - This thread is five years old. I doubt the OP is even around any more to read your response. How did you even find it?

5lc2ed5x1fnu.gif