Fridge Staples

Options
13»

Replies

• BahamaMama77
    BahamaMama77 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Frank's Red Hot sauce. I put that *kitten* on everything. Literally. I have the Costo size bottle.
  • courtniemarie
    courtniemarie Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Chicken, Salmon, Peppers, cheese sticks, almonds, fresh fruits and veggies

How do you keep the salmon? Is it the frozen already cooked kind? I was told not to freeze fresh salmon or any fresh fish for that matter. I love fish but I have to go buy it the day I want to cook it.
  • Jgasmic
    Jgasmic Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    steak, bacon, pork chops, country style pork ribs, chicken breast, ground beef, pastrami
    broc, zuch, onions, peppers, brussels sprouts, lettuce, tomatoes, spinach, cauli
    cream, cheese, sour cream, almond milk

Your fridge sounds delicious!
  • GeekyGirlLyn
    GeekyGirlLyn Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Allison714
    Allison714 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    bump
  • cbferriss
    cbferriss Posts: 122
    Options
    Plain Greek Yogurt is #1. Besides eating with fruit, I use it instead of mayo on sandwiches and in tuna salad, on potatos instead of sour cream and on toast instead of cream cheese. That and eggs I can't live without,
  • smsgreaves
    smsgreaves Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Cheese
    Lettuce
    Cheese
    Spinach
    Cheese
    Eggs
    Cheese
    Peppers
    Cheese
    Carrots
    Cheese
    Milk
    Cheese
    Mushrooms
    Cheese
    Low Carb Tortillas
    Sour Cream
    Caesar Dressing

Did I mention cheese?

Freezer:
    Chicken
    Ground Beef
    Steak
    Broccoli
    Sweet Freedom Icecream Bars

Did you know you can freeze shredded cheese? No reason why the freezer has to miss out on all the cheesy goodness!!
    I loved your post, made me laugh :laugh: Thank you!!
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    - fresh fruit and veggies
    - tofu
    - salad dressing
    - water / flavoured water
    - low calorie yogurt

Most of it is fruit/veggies - I could list them all but it'd go on forever
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Lots of fruits and veggies, cold water, low fat ranch dressing, and eggs.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Eggs, turkey bacon, bread, cottage cheese, yogurts, and Better Than Bullion always in fridge
    There's also always either pork, chicken, or fish defrostng, or some kind of leftovers
    backup bacon, chicken breasts, pork chops, and fish in the freezer
    also turkey burgers and salmon burgers in the freezer for "emergency - eek there's no dinner plan today!" days
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    Oh - I saw this topic and I thought you meant, like, industrial-strength staples to keep the fridge door stapled shut.

And I thought, okay, to each his own, but that does seem a bit extreme...

HAHAHAH!

I came in here to say "Staples won't work...you need a chain and padlock."
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    Greek Yogurt
    Low fat shredded cheese and sticks
    Zero calorie sparkling flavored water
    Pitcher or filtered water
    Krema crunchy peanut butter
    Coffee creamer
    Orange juice (usually like orange-pineapple-banana)
    Fruit cups
    Corn tortillas
    Mustard
  • doughnutwretch
    doughnutwretch Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Fridge: Kroger Carbmaster Yogurts, Frigo light string cheese, broccoli, celery, green and red bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, other various fresh veggies, 0% greek yogurt, Cholula, Chipotle Cholula, Green Tobasco, Salsa, LOTS of eggs (buy 15 dozen at a time), almond butter, Sunbutter, natural peanut butter, chicken breasts that have already been cooked, and chicken/steak/ground beef/fish of some sort thawing.

Freezer: Chicken breasts, steaks, lean ground beef, shrimp, tilapia, bacon, stir fry veggie mix, Kashi Blueberry Waffles, and ice cream.
  • InvidiaXII
    InvidiaXII Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Things I eat regularly and always have in stock:
    -hummus
    -Greek yogurt
    -romaine lettuce
    -at least 1 type of snacking fruit (apricots, blueberries, pineapple, plums, apples, bananas, cherries, raspberries, grapes, etc.)
    -at least 1 type of snacking veggie (carrots, grape tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, etc.)
    -some type of nut (usually almonds)
    -avocados
    -almond or 1% dairy milk
    -chocolate whey protein powder
    -peanut butter
    -pretzel crisps
    -hot sauce (I put that sh** on everything ;P )
    -nutrition bars (my favorite are Think Thin chocolate fudge and Luna lemon zest)
    -at least 1 type of animal protein (usually chicken, pouched tuna, or lean beef)
  • learntolive
    learntolive Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    FF cheese, low fat cottage cheese, low fat yogurt, fruit, vitamin water, caffine free tea, ff milk, raw veggies. I'm at 1,200 calories a day. I take breakfast and lunch to work plus snacks. So, the night before I fix 2 fruit smoothies, I pack 2 pieces of ff cheese slices, a banana, apple, cheeries and baby carrots. I try to space the food out to every 3 hrs. Then for dinner I have a piece of meat and vegtables. This is my 3rd week. So far, it is working. Good luck. Joni:flowerforyou:
  • wannadance
    wannadance Posts: 59
    Options
    At a very basic level, i always like to keep water, cheese, tomato, zucchini, and broccoli in the fridge.. anything else always just feels like an extra..
  • nene01pop
    nene01pop Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Mozzarella Cheese is a must for me... I love it and Ive found that the Joseph's Lavash bread definitely cures my cravings for bread.. hotdogs, turkey n cheese, peanutbutter, made a pizza with it.
  • BeckyRayJohnson
    Options
    Thank you for this topic. This and how to use herbs and spices has been bothering me all week. I have a very common and unhealthy diet I think. Especially this summer with three kids and running here there and everywhere. Being a gramma raising grandkids I am tired and dont want to cook so its the fast fix things that are kid friendly more often than not. Did not always be that way promise. So I am going to really evaluate those repeated must haves you folks have suggested. I think I can work in a lot of them to our family diet. But no way the greek yogurt. lol. Hubby nearly tossed his cookies and the grands spit it out. I knew not to taste it when hubby said it tasted sour. :wink: :wink:
  • oldmutt
    oldmutt Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    It looks pretty bare now but i have my own shelf so i dont get tempted with the kids goodies.
    I keep Brocolli which i microwave for 3 mins and love it .
    Boiled chicken
    Natural yoghurt
    Fresh pineapple
    Water with lemon slices in the bottle
    Home made vinagrette salad,Onion, Tomato,Cucumber shredded cabbage with a chopped chilli
    Treat for eating with salad extra mature cheddar cut into 1oz blocks
    I can help myself to any of this anytime im hungry