Reasons To Date an Irishman!

Options
PittShkr
PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
1. You won’t put your hand in your pocket

Irish men can be very decent when it comes to paying for a lady. Of course there are exceptions (men with their communion money still under their mattress) but many of them love the feel of the dollar in their hand and will make sure your glass is always half full.

2. He will make you laugh

Irish men are funny. Some are even funny looking. But most of them will make you laugh at some of their cheeky remarks. Let’s face it; there is nothing better than a man who can make you laugh.

3. He will tell you you’re pretty

Irish men are not afraid to give compliments. They usually strike a balance in this department and will find subtle ways to make you feel pretty and appreciated. None of this “honey, baby your beautiful” craic.

4. He will keep you grounded

He won’t be treating anyone like a princess and will be sure to tell you if you are getting too big for your boots. Their honestly can be brutal, but almost always beneficial.

5. He will argue with you

Few Irish men can hold their tongue so be prepared to a good heated debate on whichever topics arise.

6. You can listen to his accent

Listening to the rustic tones of any Irish man is enough to make many women weak at the knees.

7. He will be charming

A enchanting attribute passed on by their mammies no doubt, they can and will charm you like no other. With their warm smile and attentive ways.

8. He would talk to an empty chair

It doesn’t matter if he hasn’t kissed the Blarney stone, Irish men love talking that much that they would sit and talk to an empty chair.

9. You’re guaranteed to have good craic

Between the charm, the accent and the chat. Even if you don’t find him particularly attractive, the craic factor will draw you in.

Replies

• MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    You forgot, could listen happily to the accent all day without understanding a blasted word and not caring a bit. Whoops, no you didn't, that made it on there. But it would be #1 on my list!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    So you're saying that you're Irish? LOL!
  • DarthCeltic
    DarthCeltic Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    is this like real irish or americanized irish?
  • LeilaFace
    LeilaFace Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I married a Boston-Irish-Catholic ... whose entire family are Boston Firefighters... Yep... Middle name, O'Connell.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    As an Americanized Irish guy, I approve of this! Women should date more Irish guys...namely me!
  • MaraDiaz
    Options
    I want an Irish guy in Ireland, though. For the accent, and so I can move!
  • Tiff587
    Tiff587 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    :heart: Irish is one on my fav accents! :heart:
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options

Listening to the rustic tones of any Irish man is enough to make many women weak at the knees.

This one, over and over and over.
  • PittShkr
    Options
    Coming from an Irish Catholic... I am damn proud of my heritage! One thing that I was taught constantly through my growing up is: Respect! I always show people the highest respect, just dont piss me off. There is no wrath greater than that of an Irish man or worse woman! And Leila will probably know this .... When you are friends or family with anyone Irish ... you are family... we stick together and will always help another out!
  • Sockimobi
    Sockimobi Posts: 541
    Options

Bet you won't like my Mum's. She's from Ulster (Northen Ireland) - she can make "I love you, so I do" sound like a scary threat!
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Ooooh. :smile:

I believe I will now hold tryouts for Irishmen.
  • DAM_Fine
    DAM_Fine Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Yep - one of my prime reasons for wanting to visit there.
  • PittShkr
    Options

Bet you won't like my Mum's. She's from Ulster (Northen Ireland) - she can make "I love you, so I do" sound like a scary threat!

I have a few Provos in the family. Easter has a separate meaning as well as religious at my house!
  • minibusx
    minibusx Posts: 50
    Options
    awhhh I miss home :sad:
    SOOOOOO SOOOOO TRUE IRISH PPL ARE THE BEST
    WE are kind and :sad: honest (sometimes brutally honest) but sooo genuine
    The things I miss so much is complete strangers jus sayin well as u wlk past them
    All my irish frens and family they wld do anytghing for u with out a second thought and will also b there no matter what and they always no when sumtins wrong :sad:
    I miss home!!!! :sad: I WILL MOVE HOME SOOOON :bigsmile:
  • ebonypixie
    ebonypixie Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Im Irish and LOVE my Irish man :) Hands off :P hehe xx
  • FattieBeGone
    FattieBeGone Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Great list. I may be biased though since I'm Irish,lol.
    But could everyone refrain from coming over here to find a guy til I find one first ;-)
  • MaraDiaz
    Options
    Huh. I wonder if bluntness is genetic? Most of my ancestors are Irish, and I've been accused of having no tact at all!
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options

This one, over and over and over.

And over again.
  • LeilaFace
    LeilaFace Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Coming from an Irish Catholic... I am damn proud of my heritage! One thing that I was taught constantly through my growing up is: Respect! I always show people the highest respect, just dont piss me off. There is no wrath greater than that of an Irish man or worse woman! And Leila will probably know this .... When you are friends or family with anyone Irish ... you are family... we stick together and will always help another out!

Irish people are the best!!! They know how to eat, drink and make you feel welcome!!!
  • Kashton2011
    Kashton2011 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I think you just need number 6! You'd soon forget what was being spoken about even if it was very positive and about you! :love: