Looking for runners, or wannabe runners, or novice runners

Options
Hey all!
I'm Miguel from Tomball, Texas. I'm doing my first half marathon in March 2013 and I'm looking for running friends. Doesn't matter if you're already a runner, want to start running, or just run on occasion. Just as long as we share the common interest of "running." :)

I'm blogging about my training experience (using Hal Higdon's Half Marathon Novice 1 Program) here: http://www.miguelrunner.com

Thanks and I hope to gain a few friends! Stay safe!

Replies

• PatByrne82
    PatByrne82 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hi Miguel,
    I started running in April. Loving it now
    Lot's of weight to lose along the way.
    Have my first Half Marathon in 10 weeks
    and depending on how that goes Marathon 6 weeks after
    Friend request sent
  • Lisseth03
    Lisseth03 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Hey!
    feel free to add me, I just started running less then a month ago and have fallen in love with it.
    Signing up for a 5K for August pretty soon :)
  • alexandra0713
    alexandra0713 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm a runner, feel free to add me.
  • Cocochickdeleted
    Cocochickdeleted Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Just sent you a request. Happy running :-)
  • Cheeta_HH
    Cheeta_HH Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, too. I just started running in November. I plan to do a 10K in September, and possibly a half next May.
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    I'm a runner and I love having running friends. Feel free to add me :-)
  • m00nflwr
    m00nflwr Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I just set myself a goal for my longest distance ever.. a 12k in November.
    I've only done 5ks so far. It's exciting and a little intimidating too!
    good luck with your training!
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    hi! I am new to running, i have toyed with it a bit over the last few months and have actually just worked myself up to running a 5k.

Feel free to request me!
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I just started running about 2 months ago and I'm officially addicted, already signed up for two 5k's and considering a 15k in the fall. Add me!
  • miguelrunner
    miguelrunner Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I think I added everyone above! Too cool to see all these runners here! Doesn't matter to me if you're a 1k, 5k, 10k, half or full marathoner. Let's all support e/o, especially on "those" days when all we want to do is sit on the couch. Oh wait, did I just say that out loud? LOL

Thanks again everyone!

Miguel
  • alsatty
    alsatty Posts: 28
    Options
    You can add me. I've been running for years but paying the price now with bad knees...but I still run. Best to you all!
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Add if you like!
  • TyB73
    TyB73 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I literally just started a running program Wednesday. Havent ran regularly since college, but I want to get at it again.
  • aimeeinohio
    aimeeinohio Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I started C25k in APril, and had a lot of obstacles- got VERY sick and was down for a few weeks, then a death in the family had us out of town for over a week, and HORRIBLE shin splints which put me down for nearly 2 weeks.

I've been having trouble getting my breath, and after FINALLY getting into week 2 (I kept repeating week 1 because of all the down time), the Dr tells me today that I am pushing myself too hard and that I should start over at W1D1. Dang it!

I've been thinking about it, and Im going to follow her advice, because i don't want to blow out my knees, or drop dead of not being bale to breathe :laugh: So, next week, I'll start over with week 1, day 1.

I did walk/jog a 5k on July 4th! :happy:

But, I'll gladly be a running buddy :bigsmile:
  • miguelrunner
    miguelrunner Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    @Aimee: take your doctor's advice for sure! Also, there's absolutely no hurry for any of us, right? Why kill ourselves trying to become fit? Kinda defeats the purpose! :smile:

My half training is a 12 week program but I'm 7+ months out. I'm taking my time, enjoying the runs and not worrying whether I'll be able to finish the half. The main thing is to just keep going, something you're obviously doing! Good job!
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I fall under runner status :) I'm training now for my first half marathon that takes place September! :) I've been running since January of this year and I LOVE it!! :)
  • TeresaBeam
    TeresaBeam Posts: 26
    Options
    I am not a runner, but I have the strong desire to be one and will be starting a running program. I want to feel the endorphin rush that all runners talk about. I want to have a better stress reliever and comfort other than food, and I am hoping I will find it in running. Going to start out slow, but here I go!
  • gdelrosa
    gdelrosa Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I just started running. I just finished week 1 of the C25K program. I am a mom to an almost 3 year old and a 6 week old. Both girls so finding time to workout and run is a challenge. I've been waking up earlier than the kids to get my runs in. I also do DVD's for strength training. Nice to meet everyone. My goal is to run a 5k in October.
  • aimeeinohio
    aimeeinohio Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    @Aimee: take your doctor's advice for sure! Also, there's absolutely no hurry for any of us, right? Why kill ourselves trying to become fit? Kinda defeats the purpose! :smile:

You're right!
    My half training is a 12 week program but I'm 7+ months out. I'm taking my time, enjoying the runs and not worrying whether I'll be able to finish the half. The main thing is to just keep going, something you're obviously doing! Good job!
    How many days a week do you run?
  • zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I run, and have been doing so since last year when I joined this site. :) feel free to add