Where are you on the global fat scale?

Options

Replies

• seashman
    seashman Posts: 51
    Options
    You're most like someone from Vietnam

You have a lower BMI than 97% of females aged 15-29 in your country,

You have a lower BMI than 86% of females aged 15-29 in the world.

If everyone in the world had the same BMI as you, it would remove 79,740,509 tonnes from the total weight of the world's population

...interesting?
  • ambrwaves27
    ambrwaves27 Posts: 206
    Options
    let me just say this...total bollocks is what this is. I freakin' hate the BMI measurement, and for the love of god stop using it!!!

i'm 44, 5'10, 178....BMI is 26, i'm overweight...really?.... Body Fat % is the only thing that counts. To be honest, you're better off with no scale at all, just a simple tape measure.

*rant over*..

I agree but it was good for a laugh!
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    My BMI is currently 31, and I'm female, 39 years old.

National -- Above average
    You have a higher BMI than 59% of females aged 30-44 in your country

Global -- Above average
    You have a higher BMI than 89% of females aged 30-44 in the world

Did you know?
    If everyone in the world had the same BMI as you, it would add 85,491,017 tonnes tothe total weight of the world's population You're most like someone from Barbados*

The bit in bold was a little uncalled-for, in my opinion. Hmphh!
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I did it two ways (since I'm pregnant)

At 25 weeks pregnant:

Most like someone from Sierra Leone
    BMI of 25
    I have a lower BMI than 75% of females aged 30-44 in my country (United States)
    I have a higher BMI than 59% of females aged 30-44 in the world

Last weigh-in prior to becoming pregnant:

Most like someone from Malawi
    BMI of 23
    I have a lower BMI than 85% of females aged 30-44 in my country (United States)
    I have a lower BMI than 57% of females aged 30-44 in the world

*edited to add the countries I was most like
  • panicintheattic
    panicintheattic Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Very interesting!

You're most like someone from East Timor. You have a lower BMI than 90% of females aged 15-29 in your country (United States). You have a lower BMI than 65% of females aged 15-29 in the world.
  • Steph4454
    Steph4454 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    well that was depressing...
  • MissNations
    MissNations Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Erica002
    Erica002 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    :
    Well that made me want to kill myself.
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh i,m with you on this

EXACTLY!! Wow, I was already feeling down...

I'm like someone from Micronesia and I'm above average...
  • celticmuse
    celticmuse Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    So I am most like someone from Gambia. I have a lower BMI than 88% of women my age, and 67% of women my age globally.

If especially liked this part "If everyone in the world had the same BMI as me, it would remove 13,596,795 tonnes from the total weight of the world's population."

The world would be a much lighter place...
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    LOLLLLLLL!! :laugh:

I am most like someone from Grenada. GRENADA?!?

My numbers
    Obesity Index: 27bmi

National:
    Below average
    You have a lower BMI than 64% of males aged 30-44 in your country

Global
    Above average
    You have a higher BMI than 74% of males aged 30-44 in the world

Did you know?
    If everyone in the world had the same BMI as you, it would add 38,946,809 tonnes tothe total weight of the world's population You're most like someone from Grenada

GRENADA?!?
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    let me just say this...total bollocks is what this is. I freakin' hate the BMI measurement, and for the love of god stop using it!!!

i'm 44, 5'10, 178....BMI is 26, i'm overweight...really?.... Body Fat % is the only thing that counts. To be honest, you're better off with no scale at all, just a simple tape measure.

*rant over*..

Totally agree! I will never be in a healthy BMI cause if I went that low I would look like a concentration camp survivor! Be healthy, be active!
    I still have a ways to go but it is getting better every day!
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Metoo!! Too darn funny!
    According to this I am the FATTEST PERSON IN THE ENTIRE WORLD.

I hope I get some kind of prize.
    [

Me too! LOL!!!! Maybe we should start a new MFP group with that name.

HAHAHA! Dying!
  • shmiracles
    shmiracles Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm most like someone from Togo
    maybe I should go to Togo.

24 bmi

You have a lower BMI than 82% of females aged 30-44 in your country Global
    You have a lower BMI than 52% of females aged 30-44 in the world
  • zewolf77
    zewolf77 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    It said my belt size was "Equator"... wth?
  • tosmoothash
    tosmoothash Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    It says that I am most like someone from Tonga....although the stats are very depressing :embarassed: :frown: :cry: :embarassed:
  • mangozulu
    mangozulu Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Mine came up quite rosy I'm apparently in the lower 10 % of my country and getting more 3rd world in my weight... my mate who is pretty much the same, I'd argue a lot fitter than me came up a fatty.... The difference I'm and inch or two talller

All this kind of rubbish serves to prove is you can prove whatever you want

% body fat ... I would be interested

Remember

Matt Damon - BMI 26

Brad Pitt - BMI 28

George Clooney - BMI 29

... and that doesn't mean YOU aren't fat

Seriously, if your BMI is over 25 you are either (1) overweight from excess fat or (2) "overweight" from excess muscle. If you happen to be part of the minority of people with an overweight BMI but low body fat %, you know damn well you are because you put a lot of work into getting that extra muscle. The index works pretty well for average people with average muscle mass and average amounts of BF%. It isn't nearly as flawed as people like to believe to make themselves feel better on this site. Those three actors put a lot of time, effort, and money into adding muscle mass to get their physique.

Well said!
  • Jesstruhan
    Jesstruhan Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I'm the most like someone from Cameroon.
    BMI is 25
    You have a lower BMI than 74% of females aged 30-44 in your country (USA)
    You have a higher BMI than 59% of females aged 30-44 in the world

I did NOT love this fun fact it gave me:

"Did you know?
    If everyone in the world had the same BMI as you, it would add 18,391,253 tonnes to the total weight of the world's population"

I still have some work to do.
  • frefrebelle
    frefrebelle Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    So it turns out I am Samoan - and surprisingly there actually two Countries in the world where I am thinner than average.

My ultimate goal will make me Malaysian, that doesn't sound too bad - very good food and maybe some clothes to fit my height :)

F.

ps not having seen this thread, I posted the article as well and can't figure out how to delete it...oops.
  • Jay_Jay_
    Jay_Jay_ Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    > You have a higher BMI than 100% of males aged 15-29 in the world. If everyone in the world had the same BMI as you, it would add 234,748,562 tonnes to the total weight of the world's population.

I SHALL CRUSH THE WORLD WITH MY BMI!
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Mine came up quite rosy I'm apparently in the lower 10 % of my country and getting more 3rd world in my weight... my mate who is pretty much the same, I'd argue a lot fitter than me came up a fatty.... The difference I'm and inch or two talller

All this kind of rubbish serves to prove is you can prove whatever you want

% body fat ... I would be interested

Remember

Matt Damon - BMI 26

Brad Pitt - BMI 28

George Clooney - BMI 29

... and that doesn't mean YOU aren't fat

Seriously, if your BMI is over 25 you are either (1) overweight from excess fat or (2) "overweight" from excess muscle. If you happen to be part of the minority of people with an overweight BMI but low body fat %, you know damn well you are because you put a lot of work into getting that extra muscle. The index works pretty well for average people with average muscle mass and average amounts of BF%. It isn't nearly as flawed as people like to believe to make themselves feel better on this site. Those three actors put a lot of time, effort, and money into adding muscle mass to get their physique.

Totally agree, I find it hard to believe when some on here say that they would look emaciated or like they came from a concentration camp in the normal bmi range when that is a pretty darn big weight range. It is just an excuse to remain overweight, in my opinion, unless the individuals involves are into weights and have a lot of lean mass. The bmi takes into account a range of build sizes, so yes. Unless you are talking very muscular people, you will not look like a camp victim at a bmi of 25, lol. I think because there is so much obesity around, and because people are so used to being overweight and seeing overweight people, their perception has become pretty warped.