Where are you on the global fat scale?

Options

Replies

• JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    National:
    Below average----You have a lower BMI than 57% of females aged 15-29 in your country

Global:
    Above average----You have a higher BMI than 83% of females aged 15-29 in the world

Edited to add: "You're most like someone from Chile"
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of starting a group called Women of Tonga Unite!

I'm in!!!
    Me too!!!
  • ThorneDust
    ThorneDust Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    According to this I am the FATTEST PERSON IN THE ENTIRE WORLD.

I hope I get some kind of prize.

Me too! LOL. Oh well, keeping on. Although when I reach goal weight it doesn't look too bad.
  • WandaVonDunajew
    WandaVonDunajew Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Your numbers
    Obesity Index
    20bmi

You have a lower BMI than 70% of females aged 15-29 in your country

You have a lower BMI than 68% of females aged 15-29 in the world

If everyone in the world had the same BMI as you, it would remove 47,554,672 tonnes from the total weight of the world's population

You're most like someone from DR Congo*
    * Compared with other females aged 15-29 in DR

Go figure, Congo... hmmm :)
  • seardefilip
    Options
    Well that made me want to kill myself.

uhhh yeah me too-
    time to kick my fats *kitten*
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Lower BMI than 87% of ladies aged 30-44 In USA
    Lower BMI than 62% of ladies aged 30-44 Globally

Most like somone from Madagascar. My kids would find that funny.

I haven't shared this site with too many folks in my office. Might not be the best start for their day!!!
  • estitom
    estitom Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Oh, that was...interesting. I'm most likely from Vietnam.
  • MinnesotaManimal
    MinnesotaManimal Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I have a BMI lower than 85% of males aged 30-44 in the USA, lower BMI than 55% of males aged 30-44 in the world. Most like someone from Maldives.
  • kluvit
    kluvit Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Very interesting to see how the various countries stack up. Thanks to My Fitness Pal and Hypnosis to help me stick with my plan, I am now most like someone from Ethiopia. Lower BMI than 94% of females in my age group in my country and lower than 78% in my age group in the world. While at my "heavy" weight I was lower than 79% in the US, but I was higher than 53% of my age group in the world.
  • naughtyfushsia_wechnaged
    Options
    what a load of cr@p lol, typical of the BBC lmao, well according to this im a fat fecker (i know already thats why im loosing the flab lol) being the fattest person in the world, well excuse me mr BBC, doing something like this, it would make people trying their best to loose weight wanna raid the cupboards after doing that - sorry bout the rant lmao!
  • adamlb
    adamlb Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    BMI 22, lower than 91% of British men between 30-44 and 66% of men worldwide. Most like someone from Niger, apparently!
  • TaintedVampyre
    TaintedVampyre Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    I'm more like somebody from Barbados! =)
  • SharitaWray
    SharitaWray Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Wow! With a BMI of 25, which is overweight, it is lower than 73% of females in my age group in the US.

I have a higher BMI than 64% of females in my age group world wide.

We can do better, America.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    what a load of cr@p lol, typical of the BBC lmao, well according to this im a fat fecker (i know already thats why im loosing the flab lol) being the fattest person in the world, well excuse me mr BBC, doing something like this, it would make people trying their best to loose weight wanna raid the cupboards after doing that - sorry bout the rant lmao!
    I keep wondering why those of you who find this depressing even did it in the first place. You know you're heavy and presumably you know you won't handle it well.
  • toriaenator
    toriaenator Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    vietnam? oh lord. good thing im upping the cals
  • GraceK2012
    GraceK2012 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm in New York but I have a lower BMI than 91% of the females my age in the States and a lower BMI than 73% of females worldwide. Going by BMI, I'm most like a woman my age from Burkina Faso.

But that's just BMI. It's really body fat that matters to me and my body fat percentage probably puts me back in the States, I'm sorry to say. I'm working on that though. I'm thinking London or Paris as the place I'd like to wind up, in case anyone might be able to make magic happen.
  • SharitaWray
    SharitaWray Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    lol, forgot to move it from kilos to lbs the first time and almost had a heart attack. Heheh.

I did that, too.
  • alexandra0690
    Options
    Wow! With a BMI of 25, which is overweight, it is lower than 73% of females in my age group in the US.

I have a higher BMI than 64% of females in my age group world wide.

We can do better, America.

mine is somewhat similar statistics for my age group. i did just have my 2nd baby, but thats really not much of an excuse. women from other countries barely gain 10 lbs during pregnancy. and i gained 40. ugh fml.
  • naughtyfushsia_wechnaged
    Options
    I keep wondering why those of you who find this depressing even did it in the first place. You know you're heavy and presumably you know you won't handle it well.

sorry for being myself on ere and for having an sense of humour, i am NOT depressed, if i was would i e on a diet - really cmon???

i have handled it and was making a jokie comment about it, apologies that you didn't take it that way, i was just stating that it could led people to do what i said if they let it, i did not - far from it!
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    This is a great website - but I got a wake up call.

The country that I most compare to: Ethiopia. Seriously?

I'm 5'11, 145. BMI of 20. My BMI is lower than 93% of the women in the US between 30-44. That either makes me too thin or everyone else too big.

Maybe I need a few more pizzas? LOL