Lululemon Worth the $$$? Love it? Hate it?

Options

Replies

• gerla_k
    gerla_k Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I love lulu stuff, but I agree with the rest of posts- it's rediculosly overpriced! I paid $150 for pair of pants and a sports bra. And only because I gave myself a word, if I loose 10 lbs I'll buy that stuff, so it was my "reward" lol
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Classic case of getting what you pay for.
    Target pants work, but my *kitten* looks oh-so-much better in lulu. And I've never had to replace them.
  • kaylurzz
    kaylurzz Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I think once I get to my next weight goal I may reward myself with a Lululemon piece.

The prices are kinda a turn off. One day I will own something....
  • wender125
    wender125 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    i've only bought two items from lulu, and both were off of the sales rack. so *amazing* lulu running shorts for an incredible deal.
  • igora_soma
    igora_soma Posts: 486
    Options
    When I get smaller I plan to buy Lulu because the stuff really does hold up! I also love Lucy products. I have some really amazing running tights from there that are absolutely incredible! They are similar to Lulu but less expensive. They're also having a sale right now ;)
  • Derpina7
    Derpina7 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Worth it! The pants anyway, I haven't bought tops from them other than a hoodie a friend passed down to me (which I have to say fits very well and just has a couple 'extra little things' added to it that make all the difference in a nice hoodie). I bought a couple of pairs of pants from them about 4 years ago, and they're still in great shape!
  • debobrien1
    debobrien1 Posts: 95
    Options
    Drive up north to Burlington! Its worth the drive from Seattle, awesome deals!

http://www.lululemon.com/burlingtonwa/burlingtonoutlet/

Thanks!!! I will tell my husband Kayla made me do it!

We can carpool!!! :smile:
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    as a guy i can definitely tell when girls are wearing nice work out gear like Lululemon. it definitely looks a lot better and they seem to wear it better.

its like noticing a guys suit. you know who has a real nice one and who has one from Men's Wearhouse.
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    What makes Lululemon different than any other work out gear? And how do you properly even pronounce it????????? lol

Lou Lou Lemon

LOL. i guess it's been around so long here that we assume everyone knows what Lulu is.

I kept thinking "Lou Lou Leh -Mannnn" think like a Jamaican accent or something. We have one near me. In fact it made headlines when one of the women there murdered her coworker and made up a story of them being raped. I wasn't sure if their clothes did something special though!
  • TNTwedell
    TNTwedell Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE
    its total sticker shock when you see the price tag - I bought one pair of pants then went to Old Navy & Target for the rest.
    the amount of running I do - the cheap stuff wears out so quickly - but lulu last for-ev-er!
    To me, its an investment - not only do I not have to keep spending money on workout pants, but it saves me ONE more errand ;)

TOTALLY WORTH IT
    plus as a side - they fit great! the material never bunches up, fits slimming but not "clingy". - just awesome.
  • ElleBee615
    ElleBee615 Posts: 177
    Options
    Never bought Lululemon since one of my good girlfriends is a manager at Lucy (their competitor). Price points are similar, though I think Lucy may be a tad bit cheaper on some of their yoga pants.

I LOVE LUCY!!! lol
  • jaxandmaksmom
    jaxandmaksmom Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    PUT ON A PAIR.. LOOK AT YOUR *kitten*.. HELLO THAT ALONE MAKES IT WORTH THE MONEY..

i am from vancouver and it is part of the life up here... they are amazing and they work well for running,.. love love lvoe
  • tammill
    tammill Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    definitely LOVE IT! and its totally worth it...out of all my work out clothes, and I have a lot, I much prefer to work out in my lulu stuff. I was just thinking I needed to get to Lulu this weekend to buy another sports bra and the swiftly tech short sleeve top....its my fave to run in!
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    $90 for a pair of pants?

no thanks, i'll exercise and save my money for video games.

I said the same thing, well, except for the video games, but swore I would never pay that kind of money. I had no interest in the "name". I dont go for name brands in other clothes or anything. Then my mom bought me a pair of pants as a gift and I have been hooked since. They are awesome. They hold up well.
    I spend a lot of time in workout clothes. This is my treat to myself. There is not store here so i can only buy when I travel. I plan ahead, I save and I buy one piece at a time. For me it is worth it. I understand not everyone is the same.
    Also, aside from holding up well, and looking nice, I love the fit. They were the first shorts I found in awhile that dont ride up when I run. The tops stay down and are longer. I am not constantly pulling them down (or the pants up). I have a long torso so finding clothes that cover is always a challenge. Plus I love the anti-stink stuff they make. It does work.
    I have heard great things about their mens running shorts too.

I wear everything I have, a lot. As long as I am getting use of my money, it's worth it. Most of my stuff still fits ok, even after losing weight. I have a pair of pants two sizes bigger than I am now that don't look too big wearing, you just don't get that "lift".

I <3 lulu.

Eta - the top in my avatar is Lulu. One of my favs.
  • Valley83
    Valley83 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I love it, I only own 2 pairs of pants but once I hit my goal weight I plan to buy more. I can't justify spending the money right now as I don't plan to be at this size for much longer.
  • NoxDineen
    NoxDineen Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Totally overrated. That said, I did not say no when my ex bought me a bunch of it. I would never spend my own money on it, I have better things to buy (like a second pair of running shoes to wear on mud race courses).

It's good quality clothing, but you pay a premium for the brand/label.

The exception for me is their sports bra, the Ta-Ta Tamer. Stupid name, excellent bra. It was the first thing I found that's,add running with 34Ds tolerable. Shock Absorber, another brand, does the same thing for less though.
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    I have a running skirt (or really a skort - skirt with compression shorts built in) from them and I like it a lot. Good fit, doesn't ride up.

I got in on sale - it was cheaper than my other skirts. I think it is pricey, but will buy from them again, but sales items.
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    I always thought it was lulu - mom, then I read their story, which covers how to say the name. lemon.
  • healthy_nut
    Options
    I love their stufff, I think it's so worth it!
  • cortneyrc
    cortneyrc Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I love love love Lulu! It is a bit pricey but its worth it to have a couple pieces.