Anyone trying to lose or has lost over 100 pounds?

Options

Replies

• sambustem
    sambustem Posts: 83
    Options
    I am...and getting pretty discouraged. Could use some positive people :) Anyone feel free to add me! :)
  • laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I have lost over 100 lbs. I just try to eat as best I can, be as active as possible, and try not to indulge too often. Seeing and feeling the weight come off has been motivation enough for me.
  • misscristie
    misscristie Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I've lost 124 from my highest weight of around 340. I have a before and during in my profile pics.

I DID have lapband surgery - may the haters shoot me dead on the spot - but, that didn't make this any easier. I still have to eat right and exercise to lose just like everybody else, but it did give me a little kickstart for my first 25 pounds or so. Didn't lose anything else with it until I started eating right and busting my hump at the gym/in Zumba class/on the streets/in my living room/etc.

I know people hate it when someone says "If I can do it, anyone can do it", but seriously? I never thought I'd get the weight off. I've stopped and started a gazillion times, fallen off the wagon, blah, blah, blah. But you stop, get your head around it, pick yourself up, dust yourself off and JFDI.

Here's a post I made a few weeks ago that highlights the "little" things I've gotten back from working so hard. Those little things have made all the difference to me.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/621267-nsvs-a-list-of-what-i-ve-gotten-back?hl=What+I've+gotten+back#posts-8957207

Good luck to all of you. Feel free to add me if you wish. I try to be as supportive as I can, but I have a very demanding job and I absolutely adore my sweet little family, so I don't have a whole lot of free time to give atta boys, but I do try :)
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I've lost 106 lbs over the past 4 years. No special tips other then be consistant, accurately weigh/measure/count out everything that goes in. If you can get a heart rate monitor to help get a better estimate of what goes out. You will have bad days, you just have to get over them and keep plugging away. You will have to get out of your comfort zone, it is here where you'll see your biggest changes both physically and mentally! Good luck!
  • jarrettfam
    jarrettfam Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the same thing! Feel free to add me! I love encouraging friends!
  • MalloryCurrent
    MalloryCurrent Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    my overall goal is to lose 165 pounds. I have lost 23 so far. Been going strong for a month and a half! Slow and steady! =D
  • JonesJM8
    JonesJM8 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I would like to lose a maximum of 100 pounds. I have been trying for the past year or so but have been yo-yo-ing thus far. It's definitely not as easy as I thought it would be when I was a slim person, judgmental of the overweight. This experience has taught me the true meaning of walking a mile in someone else's shoes.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I have ten left.
  • theweightisover
    theweightisover Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    my overall goal is to lose 165 pounds. I have lost 23 so far. Been going strong for a month and a half! Slow and steady! =D

23 is an awesome number for a month and a half!! I too wish to lose 100+ pounds. Yes, I would love to have support too. Feel free to add me.
  • stpetegirl
    stpetegirl Posts: 241
    Options
    I'm just beginning and am trying to lose over 100 lbs. So far I've tried all the fad diets, and they work for a short time. But mfp, just counting calories and exercising is the best way I have found to do it healthy. Feel free to add me if you like, we can help each other along the way!
  • stephross88
    stephross88 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I need to lose 145 lbs. I am currently at 65 lbs lost.
  • PeaceCorpsKat
    PeaceCorpsKat Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Real food
    Not too much
    Lots of plants

No seriously, all organic, no perservatives, lots and lots and LOTS of vegetables....

Moderate excersize. I have always walked about 4 miles per day, I just kept that up.
  • halips
    halips Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I also am working on losing 100lbs… 11 so far with mfp. 30 on my own but that was much harder! This helps a lot. Feel free to add me!
  • missindepndnt86
    missindepndnt86 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to lose 100-110lbs. My best friend since the 3rd grade (whom was always a little larger than me) has lost about 130lbs over the last 2.5 or so years and she's made me see first hand that it can be done. I've tried several times to lost the weight, but I always end up falling back into my old habits. I need some serious motivation to get off my butt and get to the FREE gym I've got right outside my bedroom windows and start getting rid of this weight! I want to be comfortable with myself, finally!
  • LorryGuthrie
    LorryGuthrie Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I started this journey back in October 2010. Have just been making small changes along the way. First eating fewer calories (1200), then adding exercise slowly (currently doing Ripped in 30! :D ), now I am trying to make better choices in what I eat (to get the most "bang for my buck"). What kept/keeps me going is setting mini goals for myself and TOTALLY changing my way of thinking. I have accepted that my whole lifestyle must change forever, for this to work. I also have super support from not only friends/family/co-workers, but also from my fitnesspal peeps. They are my biggest cheerleaders and I so value every single one of them!!! Best of luck to you in your journey. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!
  • Nyodra
    Nyodra Posts: 40
    Options
    I started a Standard Ketogenic Diet last july and I've lost 120lbs since, with hardly any exercise. Feel free to add me. I'm not terribly active on here, as I don't really record my calories anymore (I've learned how to portion things) but I'm open to questions anytime.
  • MsTonyaRenee
    MsTonyaRenee Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I have ten left.

woohoo! yay for you :)
  • Mguilmot
    Mguilmot Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I lost 107 so far. Still a few to go. Motivation is the hardest part of all. You have to do whatever is necessary to keep yourself motivated. Whatever you do: do not feel bad if you ate something "bad". There is no such thing as bad food. There is a whole lot of food that you should avoid yes, but there is nothing that you cannot have :-) Feeling bad about what you ate is what kills motivation for me...
  • MattGetsMad
    MattGetsMad Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Easiest way to describe what I do is: Oil Free Vegan.

I also ride a mountain bike and lift weights.

My total cholesterol is 136.

I no longer have any health problems.
  • MsTonyaRenee
    MsTonyaRenee Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I've lost 50, got at least 40-50 more to go...Always excepting new friends! I'm on here daily :glasses: