The Power of Zumba

Options
To all the people who put down Zumba, I just want to share some before/after pictures.
Zumba is what you put into it! If you can't let loose and have fun and really put some effort into it, of course you're not going to see any results! And yes, it is possible to burn up to 800 calories in one session. I still do, even at my lowest weight. All classes are different, and I am blessed with some kick-*kitten* instructors who really get you moving. My total weight loss to date is 140 lbs.

before.jpg

brandime.jpg

bfiestagirls.jpg

brunaway.jpg

Replies

• auzziecawth66
    auzziecawth66 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    That's so awesome, good for you!! That can be said about pretty much any workout, you will only get out of it what you put into it.
  • gijojo32
    gijojo32 Posts: 4
    Options
    Exactly! Thank you :))
    I was having problems with the pics but they should be working now!
  • love2cycle
    love2cycle Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I just was able to get the pics! You look great! My sister loves Zumba, and it is the only exercise that she has enjoyed so much and stuck with! Good for you!
  • lovezies
    lovezies Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    That is so wonderful! I love me some Zumba! I have seen results in so many ways. But your results just blow my mind! How long have you been doing Zumba?
  • Candyy_sma
    Candyy_sma Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Wow girl! Great job! :)
  • stephlake
    stephlake Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I LOVE ZUMBA. (haha inside joke to anyone who goes!) I tell members of my gym all the time to come give it a try. Also if you dont like the class you went to.. it could be the instructor, so try it more than once.
    Simple rule to follow: The fuller the class.. the better the instructor..

I am a front row girl.. and I tell newbies .. I have CRD. Caucasion Rhythm Disorder.. You dont have to get it right.. just keep moving.

:)
  • auzziecawth66
    auzziecawth66 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Wow amazing transformation!! Your smile is absolutely beautiful too, your happiness just beams right out
  • drlauram
    drlauram Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Great results! You look so happy and healthy! Zumba has been a big part of my weightloss thus far too. It's so fun!!:)
  • Xtinajacob
    Xtinajacob Posts: 44
    Options
    i JUST started to do zumba this week. I also have absolutely no rythm, but i have heard so many good things about it, that i want to give it a try. How long have you been doing zumba?
  • nannabannana
    nannabannana Posts: 787
    Options
    bump to keep following your success. I just started Zumba on my Wii. You look FABULOUS GIRLFRIEND!!! One of the best before and after I have ever seen !!!
  • gijojo32
    gijojo32 Posts: 4
    Options
    I've been doing Zumba for almost two years now. It took me a few classes to really love it and now i'm addicted. There are constantly new routines coming out so it's never boring!
  • laulyn
    laulyn Posts: 70
    Options
    You look freakn awesome!!! Way to go!!! :)
  • lbaileyjohannsen
    lbaileyjohannsen Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Wooooow! You are so beautiful. You must feel amazing!

Also, I love your dog.
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful and just glowing. Great progress, I know you're very proud, as you certainly deserve to be! Congratulations! How inspiring you are.
  • Mom4greatgirls
    Mom4greatgirls Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! You really encourage me. I have the DVDs I will get them out and use them.
  • JamCubeChi
    JamCubeChi Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!! You look amazing. Be proud of yourself. Job well done!:flowerforyou:
  • carriann2012
    carriann2012 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!! I really want to try Zumba but I am so not coordinated... :flowerforyou:
  • Em_runs_away
    Em_runs_away Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Wow, what an amazing transformation!
  • TamaraKat
    TamaraKat Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!
    I tried Zumba once but found that I can't replace my dearly beloved weight exercises and traditional cardio :(
    It's good to see another awesome success story!!
  • mrsmel55
    mrsmel55 Posts: 168
    Options
    Congratulation!!!! You look wonderful! I LOVE Zumba...I do it at the house with the Wii and nothing makes me sweat like Zumba. I love riding my bike but it just doesn't get your blood pumping like Zumba does. Since I do it at home in my living room I don't have to feel self concious...maybe some day I will be ready to make my public debut! LOL
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!