Question for the girls..

Options

Replies

• LaurieLynnMiller
    Options
    I'm definitely more emotional, which probably makes me want to eat badly. I turn to salty crunchy snacks or pizza during that time.
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    lol I'm glad I'm not the only one! I always want something sweet and salty like chocolate covered pretzels! It makes it even worse that when I'm on my period I always feel SO TIRED!!!! It's SO HARD for me to get through my work outs on those days! It usually only lasts 3 or 4 days so I just try my best and move past it. I figure if I go hard the rest of the month those 3 days isn't going to kill me.
  • dj_phx
    dj_phx Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I know it's coming because it's the only time I like chocolate.
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    absolutely. mostly i'm not much of a "sweets" eater, but i go batty for some kettle chips, so when i'm getting close and if the cravings are sincere, then i give in a little. it hasn't slowed me down, so i think it's okay.
  • LemonBurns
    LemonBurns Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    The week before: Sugar - sugar - sugar - sugar - SuGaR - SUGAR!!! Can't get enough SUGAR!!!!!
  • mandrox1
    mandrox1 Posts: 33
    Options
    Definitely. I'd give the rights to name my first born for a Caramilk bar when it's my TOM.
  • lauren28178
    lauren28178 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Absolutely!!! Sounds like CHOCOLATE is a popular item!!! I crave anything chocolate- and I'm normally not a sweets person.
  • MandaPaigeSparkles88
    MandaPaigeSparkles88 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I eat everything in sight. Pizza, candy, ice cream, chips, all the bad stuff. I just wish I didn't have all these cravings
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Yes. Lol. Totally!!! I usually let myself indulge too, so I don't binge.
  • MarincicS
    MarincicS Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I used to crave chips and salty/crunchy snacks along with sweets. But since i have been eating healthier for the past few months, i don't necessarily feel cravings for specific things, i just feel hungrier - and i would eat anything in the house!

Luckily i am basically a very lazy person. I no longer keep much of anything unhealthy in the house so only end up eating more healthy, clean foods on those days. I'm far too lazy to put on my shoes and go out to get anything else!
  • LinaBo
    LinaBo Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I used to get crazy cravings, but right now I'm on the pill without a break in hormones, to suppress me period. When I was getting it regularly, my cravings were consistently for red meat (big, bloody steak), to chug lots of milk and/or orange juice, and for anything that was chocolate and fatty.
  • behannkm10
    Options
    I actually dont eat ANYTHING on my period. Weird right?
  • MissShancey
    MissShancey Posts: 464
    Options
    the week before i crave sex and nachos like you wouldn't believe, and when i have it i just want more, and if i have it again i want more again .. and more and more and more ...

one week i ate 9 bags of tortilla chips and 7 jars of nacho cheese sauce ..
  • Jentaylor0295
    Jentaylor0295 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    NO, you are not the only one, I always want burgers. It's awful! But I know I can make a burger and still keep it healthy. You can also make pizza healthy and cookies too! you just have to keep that binge in check because it's so easy to do when you are at that time!
  • b1delane
    b1delane Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Oh yes I demolish food! haha...and please don't get in my way...I also work twice as hard at the gym because i know I have to work off my monthly "cookie monsta" tendencies!
  • LadyMeredith
    Options
    I usually need a donut or two. Maybe a Milky Way icecream bar. I want more, but I have really long periods (day 23 and counting) so I can't give in too much. I usually give in a little though.

24615602.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

I'm with you on the long periods. My period used to be two to three weeks long, then maybe two off before it started again. Then suddenly, I stopped having them entirely. For three years. And I gained 33 lbs the month they stopped. Then one day it started, and for the past two years I have been on my period constantly. All the doctors say is that nothing seems to be wrong when they run tests, and basically that it just sucks to be me.
    I definitely recommend going to the doc if your period is abnormal, but don't be too surprised if they tell you nothing is wrong. Or, if you're like me and a little on the heavy side, if they try to check your ovaries, tell you they can't feel them cause you're too overweight, and that you shouldn't worry cause they're probably fine.
    I hope your doctors aren't as stupid as the four I've gone to.
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    I usually lose appetite. When I eat, I get full and bloaty and ill feeling :-/
  • boswellheather
    boswellheather Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    French fries... could easily kill for french fries during that time frame.... oh lord the FRENCH FRIES!!!!!!
  • Cappicorn
    Cappicorn Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    French fries... could easily kill for french fries during that time frame.... oh lord the FRENCH FRIES!!!!!!

Amen, sistah. I rarely crave salt except during that time frame. Then I want ALL THE FRIES!!
  • lcvaughn520
    lcvaughn520 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    the week before i crave sex and nachos like you wouldn't believe, and when i have it i just want more, and if i have it again i want more again .. and more and more and more ...

Haha the way you said this made me giggle...like sex and nachos are just a classic combo :tongue:

I normally notice myself craving sweets which I really NEVER crave. When I find myself searching the cupboards for something sweet, I know it's going to be that time...