Opinion on Stretch Marks

Options

Replies

• PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    I am self conscious of mine. I don't even have kids. The ones on my boobs are silvery now and hardly noticeable, but my belly, hips are thighs, are still very noticeable. I'm just waiting for them to go silver too.
  • LaceyCwell
    LaceyCwell Posts: 45
    Options
    So I recently gave birth to my first baby about 4 months ago. Now that summers here and Im starting to really see some improvement in my body I am getting alot more confidence. The only thing I have on my mind now are the dreaded STRETCH MARKS I got from being pregnant. They are honestly not that bad and I dont have all this loose skin or anything but Im just curious if people really care about stretch marks. My husband says that as long as you have a nice healthy body then men dont worry about stretch marks but I cant help to think hes only saying that to make me feel better. So what do YOU think?! I have yet to see one picture posted of someone in shape with stretch marks and being content. If they are out there I would LOVE to see some! Thanks!

[img]http://www.photobucket.com/albums/jj530/laceyrcaldwell/2012-07-14061922.jpg img][/img]

HERES A PICTURE OF MINE

?action=view&current=2012-07-14061922.jpg
  • jgunn81
    jgunn81 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I have to defer to the wise Kat Williams on this topic

" We don't have no time to worry bout no sht like stretch marks... They came from either 1 of 2 things... Either you was big & got small, or you were small & got big, Either way we fckin... Either Waaay!"

:happy:
  • ucpg
    ucpg Posts: 158
    Options
    So I recently gave birth to my first baby about 4 months ago. Now that summers here and Im starting to really see some improvement in my body I am getting alot more confidence. The only thing I have on my mind now are the dreaded STRETCH MARKS I got from being pregnant. They are honestly not that bad and I dont have all this loose skin or anything but Im just curious if people really care about stretch marks. My husband says that as long as you have a nice healthy body then men dont worry about stretch marks but I cant help to think hes only saying that to make me feel better. So what do YOU think?! I have yet to see one picture posted of someone in shape with stretch marks and being content. If they are out there I would LOVE to see some! Thanks!

2012-07-14061922.jpg

HERES A PICTURE OF MINE

that should work
  • PunkyRachel
    Options

" We don't have no time to worry bout no sht like stretch marks... They came from either 1 of 2 things... Either you was big & got small, or you were small & got big, Either way we fckin... Either Waaay!"

Hahaha Love Kat Williams!!!!
  • LaceyCwell
    Options

Soo funny, Thank you! Lol
  • ucpg
    Options
    darn lol
  • ChcolateLady11
    Options

I can hear him saying this..LOL
  • LaceyCwell
    Options

2012-07-14061922.jpg

HERES A PICTURE OF MINE

that should work

Not sure why its not loading :/
  • ucpg
    Options

2012-07-14061922.jpg

HERES A PICTURE OF MINE

that should work

Not sure why its not loading :/
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    I have them, but not from having a kid. Theyre all around my mid section and under my arms... They have faded a little but theyre still there... oh well!
  • ucpg
    Options
    i feel like a major fail right now LOL
  • ncwall
    ncwall Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Okay so I have to ask the ladies their opinion now on this, me i dont mind the strech marks on my wife i agree with the post about the tiger and earning stripes

what about stretch marks on guys? not sure if they fade or are gone when i iwll lose my weight but now i am curious
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    As a female with stretch marks...I hate them...If I ever see another woman out where they are showing enough skin where I can see stretch marks, I just want to smack them...The faded ones are okay but the fresh redish ones just absolutely GROSS me out. It's just me personal opinion, though. But Im the type who wants to look as good as possible at all times, so Im probably a little different than a lot of people.

They fade eventually to the white ones...once they do that DO WHATEVER YOU WANT! Until then...hide that shiznit! Lol
  • intomyframe
    Options
    To be honest, I think most people don't care about stretch marks on another person, just as long as that person has a relatively rockin' body.

At my current age of 24, I have a TON of stretch marks all over my body - and they weren't a result of pregnancy, but rather simply put, weight gain. I suffered from depression from age 13-17, and consequently went from 120 lbs to 160 lbs at the height of 5'1".
    Lots of weight gain at a short height = me getting stretch marks on my upper arms near my armpits, pretty much all of my inner thighs, top part of my breasts, and even a couple on my upper calves near where the knees bend. It looked like a psycho cat scratched me all over.

I finally got out of my depressed stage (I swear, the hormones played a huge part), I finally was able to VERY slowly drop the weight starting from age 18. Took me 6 years to finally get down to my current weight of 136 lbs. All my stretch marks are no longer angry red, but silvery and white - almost invisible unless the light hits them at an angle. I'm not skinny by any means, but my curves are showing in a healthy way.
    I was incredibly conscious of my stretch marks, but after going out on several dates with very good-looking, kind, smart boys who saw the tops of my breasts with the striped silver-white stretch marks, I realized, the only people who care so much about stretch marks are ourselves and the few handful of dumdums who are obsessed with human Barbie dolls.

Personally, I don't care about stretch marks. I've seen tons of good-looking muscular and ripped guys with stretch marks on their thighs and upper arms like me.

Although, I do have to say, red stretchmarks are kind of scary. But, just give them a few months and they'll pretty much fade away anyway.
  • LaceyCwell
    Options
    As a female with stretch marks...I hate them...If I ever see another woman out where they are showing enough skin where I can see stretch marks, I just want to smack them...The faded ones are okay but the fresh redish ones just absolutely GROSS me out. It's just me personal opinion, though. But Im the type who wants to look as good as possible at all times, so Im probably a little different than a lot of people.

They fade eventually to the white ones...once they do that DO WHATEVER YOU WANT! Until then...hide that shiznit! Lol

Your response is what I am thinking everyone on the planet earth is thinking and thats why I refuse to wear a bikini.
  • PunkyRachel
    Options
    Okay so I have to ask the ladies their opinion now on this, me i don't mind the stretch marks on my wife i agree with the post about the tiger and earning stripes

what about stretch marks on guys? not sure if they fade or are gone when i will lose my weight but now i am curious

my husband has some on his arms and hips, the ones on his arms are faded to silver already but his hips are fresh, doesn't bother me at all. I guess you could say I'm bias though
  • Jesstruhan
    Jesstruhan Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I must admit, I have stretch marks from just being chunky. I don't notice them as much as I use to because I'm in MUCH better shape, but they are still there, and I still hate them. :-( Maybe someday I'll feel better about them. Right now it's a constant reminder that I've been out of shape my whole life and am STILL not there.
  • FemmeJolie
    FemmeJolie Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I actually love mine! but they're thin and light... I think stretch marks are kinda sexy as long as the body with them is still nice and firm on females anyways.
    On men, i don't think they're ugly or gross or anything I just don't think they're specifically attractive.
  • acawle00
    acawle00 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Okay so I have to ask the ladies their opinion now on this, me i dont mind the strech marks on my wife i agree with the post about the tiger and earning stripes

what about stretch marks on guys? not sure if they fade or are gone when i iwll lose my weight but now i am curious

My husband has had large dark stretch marks on his midsection since the day I met him six years ago and they have never faded. He is also incapable of tanning. They have never bothered me one single bit. Actually makes me feel more comfortable now that I have them too!