Pet Peeves

Options
124»

Replies

• ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Cell phones!! They are necessary evil in this technology driven society but please have a little common sense. If Im your cashier and standing in my line get off the damn phone conduct the transaction then get back to the phone. Or if im out with friends, if Im that boring you need to access the internet or talk phone stay home. I hate that people are so inconsiderate with cell phone.

This too!! I think it is SO RUDE to be texting/surfing the net etc. when you're hanging out with someone. Of course, it is situational, but it is inconsiderate to leave someone sitting there waiting for you to respond while you **** around with your phone. I enforce this rule while eating. My boyfriend has a bad habit of digging out his cell when the conversation ebbs a bit. I always make him put it down. I think it is completely inappropriate to have the phone out while eating.
  • weeblex
    weeblex Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I'm a cashier, so....here goes! I was actually thinking about these last night...
    1. When people put their baskets on the belt full of stuff and expect me to unload it for them
    2. When people try to hand me coupons while I am STILL scanning their stuff...can't you see I'm busy? I'll take them at the end
    3. When people hand me a PILE of clothes and expect me to hold them, remove the hangers, scan them and bag them, which is hard. The belt is NOT dirty just because it's black. I do have to clean it, and do so very often. Next time, I am going to rub the clothes on the belt as hard as I can cuz that's the only way they will get dirty.
    4. When people try to take the bag away before I am done loading it up, and there's only like 1 or 2 things in there. Relax, I know how to do my job.
    5. When people TELL me to keep the chemical products away from the food. Again, I know how to do my job.
    6. When I am JUST FINISH cashing someone out, I am standing right next to the register, and MY LIGHT IS ON, people still come up and ask if I am open. Next time I am going to say no. You don't deserve to come through my line if you have to ask.
    7. People who come with over 30 things through the express lane and feel entitled to go through. It's an express lane for a reason.
    8. People who come up when my light is OFF, and I have started to leave for break or to go home, and they ask if I am open.

This makes it sound like I hate my job, but in actuality, I really do love it, haha. I work for a great company with lots of great people. And these things are just funny to think about. I'm sure there are many more, but I can't think right now!

Where do you work, you need to be promoted to management! I hate the bag packer who can't see that I put all the fridge stuff together on the belt for a reason, that I can put more than 3 items in a bag or that putting heavy cans on top of fruit is wrong! I have stood there and repacked the bags while they watched me.

If the manager at our grocery store sees me coming he pulls the dumb kid off bagging my register :D
  • IamSheaMc
    IamSheaMc Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    Pet Peeve

People who rate people by numbers..."Rate the person above you" smh
    Then they lie and give everyone a 7,8,9 and 10!

People who play "Is the person above you attractive and give everyone a "yes" LIESSS! then they get mad when I say "No" smh.
    Then they justify with a "everyone is beautiful in their own way" which is right but the game is about how the person looks.

How can you say yes to a pic with some 6pack but no head? ugh
  • muggsmom
    muggsmom Posts: 28
    Options
    People that don't pick up after their dogs.

Using your when it should be you're.

Parents that let their kids run wild in stores, restaurants, etc.

Oh, and these parents: "Johnny, please don't hit Mommy." "Johnny, Mommy asked you not to do that." "Johnny, that's not very nice." "Johnny, please don't do that." I just want to hit them - the parents!!
  • IamSheaMc
    IamSheaMc Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    People who use their tits as a profile picture.

People who have no profile picture
  • katie021589
    Options
    People that do no say thank you when you hold the door for them. :angry:
    People that respond "yup" or instead of "your welcome" when you say thank you.
    SPEAKER PHONE - especially those that use it on their cell when walking through the store. :grumble:

BINGO!!! :mad: especially saying "yup" instead of "you're welcome"
  • AnotherHolly
    Options
    When incrediably overweight people eat a lot of unhealthy fast-food and complain they are overweight, and not try to do anything about it.
  • katie021589
    Options
    I'm a cashier, so....here goes! I was actually thinking about these last night...
    1. When people put their baskets on the belt full of stuff and expect me to unload it for them
    2. When people try to hand me coupons while I am STILL scanning their stuff...can't you see I'm busy? I'll take them at the end
    3. When people hand me a PILE of clothes and expect me to hold them, remove the hangers, scan them and bag them, which is hard. The belt is NOT dirty just because it's black. I do have to clean it, and do so very often. Next time, I am going to rub the clothes on the belt as hard as I can cuz that's the only way they will get dirty.
    4. When people try to take the bag away before I am done loading it up, and there's only like 1 or 2 things in there. Relax, I know how to do my job.
    5. When people TELL me to keep the chemical products away from the food. Again, I know how to do my job.
    6. When I am JUST FINISH cashing someone out, I am standing right next to the register, and MY LIGHT IS ON, people still come up and ask if I am open. Next time I am going to say no. You don't deserve to come through my line if you have to ask.
    7. People who come with over 30 things through the express lane and feel entitled to go through. It's an express lane for a reason.
    8. People who come up when my light is OFF, and I have started to leave for break or to go home, and they ask if I am open.

wow i know exactly how u feel!i was a cashier for 4 years and felt thee exact same way urgggg!! lol
  • LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    People who park in more than one space.

Last night someone did this, so to make them feel as uncomfortable as possible I pulled around to right in front of them, and put the phone out the window to take a picture

(and of course I posted it on FB LOL)
  • ruggedBear
    ruggedBear Posts: 295
    Options
    I hope this doesn't sound too weird - I really am not that anal retentive, BUT - People who eat ANYTHING from a spoon and leave remnants. Is it so hard to clean the spoon with your lips each bite? My son does this with ice cream just to annoy me.

Empty boxes in the pantry, cartons or bottles in the fridge. How the heck I am supposed to know we're out of something if there a big empty box of it on the shelf!

People who park so close I have to get in the passenger side.

People who drive tiny cars that are inevitably in my rear blind spot when I'm backing my truck up. I really can't see you when you car roof is a foot below my rear window folks - so watch out!

People who leave trash in the grocery carts - is it so hard to toss your list/wrapper/etc into your bags and ditch it when you get home?

Litterbugs in general! I live on a dirt road with lots of woods between the houses and people must think it's ok to toss their trash out the window since no one could possibly see them do it!
  • lil_bit_crazy
    lil_bit_crazy Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Oh my! Reading all these I've realized I'm an anal retentive b itch! Here goes!

Parents who let their kids drink pop. Mine never got it. They don't need it.
    Holding the door for someone and they don't say thank you. I'll say "you're welcome! " EXTREMELY LOUD
    If you're in front of me, do the speed limit or get the he11 out of the way.
    If your kid is acting like a total unruly brat and you don't open your mouth, I sure will. Tell them to knock it off. It's either that or I'll end up paying for that kid in the penal system in a few years.
    Don't stop in front of me in a store. I will run into you. Move to the side, rude.
    Unless its posted, you can turn right on red. I know that. If you blow your horn at me, I'll wait until green to turn.
    Learn the difference in your you're their they're there lose loose its it's to too two
    Don't tell me your side if you don't want to listen to mine.

I noticed when I moved to the south, people said "ohhh Johnny has that sugar."
    Well...great! I have sugar too. I keep mine in a canister in the pantry. I'd get odd looks ...apparently it is diabetes. Down here "that sugar" is diabetes? That is the dumbest thing and irritates the he11 out of me!
  • muadeeb
    muadeeb Posts: 91
    Options
    Im sorry for this one, but woman that are say 5'11" and weight less then 100 pounds saying they need to loose weight....im sorry you dont need to loose weight, you need a freakin therapist.
  • Flugangst
    Flugangst Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Tailgaters. I'm just going to go slower now.

Bad grammar, spelling, punctuation, etc.

People who have animals but don't give them adequate care.

People who pull out in front of me and then go under the speed limit.

People who push alcohol at social functions.

Anyone – male or female- who says “We’re pregnant”. Are they sharing a uterus?

Litterbugs

People who let dogs that jump up on everyone loose in public.

Drivers who signal after they make a lane change.

People who blow their horn at you the nano-second the light changes to green.

Bosses who think your job is your life.

People who bring their crying/fussy babies into the theater

People that realize that a lane of traffic is backed up so they merge into the next lane over because it is moving quicker and they go up to the front and expect someone to just let them back over in that lane.
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    People who say "Delish"

Please shut up. It's not cool.

I say it all the time. :wink:
  • Redbird99ky
    Redbird99ky Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    5. People hitting/repeatedly pressing buttons to make things work more quickly. Seriously?

You know, I heard from a friend who knows a person who is married to an IT professional who says it is true ...

And also, that web pages and programs load more quickly when you move the mouse cursor in circles ...
  • heggleston921
    heggleston921 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    People who can't spell correctly or use proper grammar or punctuation. (Hey everyone, it's not correct to say, "She gave the gift to Mark and I." It's "She gave the gift to Mark and ME!!!!" What would you say if the gift was just for you? That someone "gave the gift to I?" Of course not.)

People who block a walkway (then they're surprised when I have to say "excuse me" -- duh!). Look around yourself!

Mouth noises (especially gum popping)

People putting their fingers in their mouth

The smell of cigarettes

Bad parenting

Skinny people who say they're fat